xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tidewell

Help! With Website Hosting

Nope.
I went here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and saw the Xisto supplied default page which tells me that your account is all set up nice.
What you need to do now is replace that Index.html file inside the public_html folder of your account. Two methods to choose from. Use an FTP software to connect to the Xisto servers and upload the file(s) for your site which you have created on your local machine or use the cpanel File Manager to do the same thing. FTP is easier once you are practiced at it and most FTP clients allow you to move whole directories at once, whereas the cpanel File Manager is one file at a time, so if you only have a couple of files, use these to begin. Rather than delete the default Index.html, simply rename it before adding the new Index.html. That way, you have a copy to revert to if you need it.
Enter your cpanel using this URL: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
and answer the questions about your login info and you are all set.
To move around your account file structure, click on the Icons beside the folder name, not the file name itself.
Hope this helps. Post again if you need more info.

Well sorry not to be rude or anything. but i know how to do all that stuff, its just i had a previous free host and i deleted the account and when i went to my web page it said something like freeserver.com get your free server here. but it seems to be fine now. thanksWell nevermind i just went to it and this is what i get

Edited by tidewell (see edit history)

any updates on this, tidewell? your index page currently says:

webiste on its way! try the forum chipmunkinc.net/forum!

a visit to the forum as suggested, shows a phpbb default test forum. by the looks of it, everything is running fine and well. still having trouble?

Sort of and not really. i cannot access my cpanel at school is the problem. i had to wait untill i got home to make the index and forum. i still dont know WHY i cant access it at school. but theres only 4 days of school left anyways

I have the same problem, I learn everything from my teacher so when I try to explain things to him its hard without being able to SHOW him, I get this message:

Network Access Message: The page cannot be displayed
Technical Information (for Support personnel)
Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The specified Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) port is not allowed. ISA Server is not configured to allow SSL requests from this port. Most Web browsers use port 443 for SSL requests. (12204)
IP Address: 152.157.126.124
Date: 5/22/2006 5:09:27 PM

which I'm assuming means that the port used to send information back and forth between your computer at school and the server is already in use or is blocked. Most likely it is in use if you are using a computer that is on the school network. hope this helped explain something, and maybe someone will post a way they found around this little issue.

You should be studying at school. That's why your school placed block of web access to certain sites. The issue is resolved with domain prapagation. Your website is up and running. Remember to use proper and specific name for your topic title and do not start off with words like, "help!...".Topic is resolved and closed. If you are the topic starter PM moderator to add/edit.