xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
apexbug

How Does The Firefox Referral Program Work ?

I have put on a google firefox referral ad on my site http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/)
. But if i click on the firefox download button i am being taken to thegoogle toolbar secion. I dont even get a glimpse of the firefox download page. I have firefox already on my computer though... So i need to clarify two questions

1) Does the firefox referral work on computers that have firefox already installed on it (incase the user needs a new version of firefox and decides to obtain it through the referral)

and

2) When do my account balance increase ? Is it enough if the user downloads firefox or should he install it ??

Thanks in advance...

I don't know about the Google/Firefox program, but there is a referal program direct from Mozilla.com (or org, don't remember), so why would you need to go through Google?

well, it is a refferal program of Google adsense.If you will click on the button (i'll suggest apexbug, not to do so else you'll get your account banned) you'll go to the download of Firefox with Google Toolbar - Provided you are using Internet Explorer.The money will only increase when a user who has not installed Firefox ever on his machine downloads the software and installs it...then only you'll get that 1 dollar :)

there is also the notion that you will get one dollar for every download, but that is not entirely true. :) if you read their terms carefully, it says:

Firefox plus Google Toolbar: When a user you've referred to Firefox plus Google Toolbar runs Firefox for the first time, you'll receive up to US$1 in your account, depending on the user's location. Your referral must be a Windows user, who has not previously installed Firefox, in order for you to receive credit.

so, depending still on a user's location and being a first-time firefox user, you will get credited for up to one dollar per download -- meaning something from anywhere in between $0.00 to $1.00. :)

there is also the notion that you will get one dollar for every download, but that is not entirely true. :) if you read their terms carefully, it says:

so, depending still on a user's location and being a first-time firefox user, you will get credited for up to one dollar per download -- meaning something from anywhere in between $0.00 to $1.00. :)

They generally pay more for people from the U.S. and Canada.

They generally pay more for people from the U.S. and Canada.

Yes, this seems to be true as well. In my case, when one firefox browser installation was done by one visitor it it was around $0.70 which is less than $1, since they have indicated and mentioned that it is upto $1, it is quite fair.

And also if US and Canada publishers get more than other countries it may still be fair because money value is somewhat different there. Remember, Yahoo doesn't even accept publishers outside US at least for now.

I've often seen this and wondered what it was all about, however, I've never actually taken the time to get in there too much and look at all the features and facts about it.I somehow didn't think that I'd be getting as much as they were saying, cause it seemed like a lot, but if you are getting like 70 cents from someone downloading it, then that's pretty good actually. I think anyway. Because no one has to buy anything for you to get the money, and I think more people are willing to try things out for free. And I have no problem showing people new things so long as they have a decent value, and I think FireFox is excellent, and everyone that I've mentioned it to offline, once they've had it and used it, loved it. As do it.I'm going to have to take a close look into this now, so thanks for this head start with the information.