xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AnGeL KiSS

How To Make Bubble Shaped Layouts

1. Open your layout and make a new document, the same size of your layout. If you don't know what size it is, click your layout and go to Image >> Canvas Size. It should show you the Dimensions like this:

Posted Image

2. Where it says Current width and height make your new document the same pixels it says. Then cancel the Canvas Size. After that, click the Brushes tool and go to your color palette and choose Pattern.

Posted Image

Say this was my layout:

Posted Image

3. Double click the pattern icon in the color palette. Find your layout and click on it.

After that find the Tool Options and set your preferences like mines:

Posted Image

On the left side you I made the a preview of a bubble shaped layout :] And on your Tool Options, if you want the circles to be bigger just make the brush size of the circle bigger.

Ooh, that's certainly a quicker way from the way that I do it and a lot easier to do than using masks that can be confusing when you start. Great idea - I'll certainly use this one next time I need this effect!

Aww how cute. I use masks for things like that though. This seems much easier... Thanks :ph34r: I could probably use this someday... when I get around to thinking of changing my site layout. <_< It needs to get a move-on... really... but I'm too busy...