xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Chez

Oblivion Expansion Packs

Just an idea I was talking about with some friends. Seeing as Oblivion is set in the cyrodiil continent, perhaps any future expansions of Elder Scrolls will most likely be the other provinces. Imagine the new Elder Scrolls game coming out taking place in the Frostgard province (or w/e the province is), but it's interconnected with the Oblivion province. So you could walk between provinces. Eventually, the whole continent will be able to be traversed! War of Warcraft does this already with their "instances" so why wouldn't Bethesda attempt a similar expansion cohesion between past and future games? It would certainly be great to travel from one shore to the other without having to pop out one game, install the other, and start over again from where you left off from the last one. :)

If I recall correctly, didn't Morrowind have that?You were able to take a ride or literally swim across to different provinces. I tried swimming and I was successful once but I died the second time, due to loss of energy. lol.Oblivion doesn't have this?

well you can't get to morrowind or solstrim (spelling?) from the cyrodiil province. In fact, when you get within about 100 feet of the border of another province, you run into an invisible wall and a "you can't go this way. turn back" text pops up on your screen. But hopefully future expansions will let you travel throughout the continent, interconnecting each in one ginormous game.

Just an idea I was talking about with some friends. Seeing as Oblivion is set in the cyrodiil continent, perhaps any future expansions of Elder Scrolls will most likely be the other provinces. [snip snip]
It would certainly be great to travel from one shore to the other without having to pop out one game, install the other, and start over again from where you left off from the last one. :D

I have no idea where Frostgaurd is...Unless you meant Solstheim? But it would be a good idea...The thing is though, you'd have to have the same game engine throughout it all. So if something new came out, then they'd either have to not include or re-release all the old games with this in. As you can guess, neither would be that wise :lol:

If I recall correctly, didn't Morrowind have that?[snipped]
Oblivion doesn't have this?

No, Morrowind didn't. Vvardenfell (A small island in the morrowind province, where the game takes place) did have an island to the north you could go to, but not much else, and the two expansions (Tribunal and Bloodmoon) allowed you to travel to the capital of Morrowind (The place where Vvardenfell is) and Solstheim (an island to the north-west of Vvardenfell).

Oblivion allows you to only go to Cyrodil, the centre of Tamriel (area that all the provinces are located in), and stops you when you get to a boundry, as Chez said.

I doubt they'll bring out major expansions where you can go to other provinces, but there might be a user-made mod that includes them (I remember I was going to be a mod for a group who were working to get Morrowind into Oblivion...but I got it for 360 so I couldn't help ^_^). Elder Scrolls I: Arena allowed you to travel to any province, but it was back in 90's, so the graphics were very...uhm...retro :P

It would be a good idea though.

(Can you tell I'm an Elder Scrolls geek? :D)

Wow I actually hadn't really thought much into this but I hope that they do make more areas for Oblivion. I would love to explore more places to steal from (evil laugh). They can do it for the 360 too because of the online market. Just download it from the market and put it on your Xbox 360! I don't know if they will do that but hey we can hope can't we? I love this game and seeing more content would be awsome.Speaking of expansions there is a Beta out that allows you to duel wield weapons (steel only) I haven't tried it personally but I'm sure it is cool. People have sent requests also to increase the relationships between player and NPC. Thing like getting married and such. I thought this might be a cool idea but again not sure if it is being worked on. The duel wielding however I do believe they are working on. Just rumors so don't get your hopes up!

I have just started playing this game and it is great. I really hope that Microsoft does put a some extra maps for the game like they do with other great games like Halo and Gears of War. It would defiently make a lot of people happy if they did this.

I have just started playing this game and it is great. I really hope that Microsoft does put a some extra maps for the game

I really hope Microsoft have as little as possible to do with the cells. (Oblivion doesn't have "maps" as such)
Anyway. Don't they already have some DLC on the Xbox Live Marketplace?

Anyway, FYI, there is an expasion called the "Shivering Isles", which is set in another plane of Oblivion. (Sheogorath, the God of Madness).

Anyway, FYI, there is an expasion called the "Shivering Isles", which is set in another plane of Oblivion. (Sheogorath, the God of Madness).

Hey thanks for the heads up I'll go check it out. Can I get it on Xbox Live Marketplace? Or is it only for the PC. I'll go find out right now lol. See ya! Thanks for the information!

Is it then impossible in the Oblivion:Elder Scrolls IV (for PC) to travel to the provinces? (Hammerfel,skygrim, Black Marsh etc.)I thought that it was possible later in the game or something?-Cralle

u can go into other provinces u just gotta get the border remover mod its really fast to download and then just copy all the files into oblivion then activate it via data files and u can go anywhere u please. 

-reply by lauren

As long as everyone is on the subject of added content, I think it would be really cool if they added the magic of chronomancy into the game. Earil made references to it when you went to his stores in the shivering isles. To make it so that it wouldn't overpower people you could make it require being an expert or master in 2 schools of magic, alteration as one and something else as the other. That would kind of make the game more interesting.

-reply by azar