xisto Community
Brian Gillingham

My Huge Software Download Site

I worked on the layout a bit more, but if something specific is bugging you guys - let me know what it is, because I can't read minds. The main <div> should now be centered better, but I don't know if it's right.

I also just completed code that displays similar programs (on any "products-####.html" page, like http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/).

The code looks at the keywords for the source program and queries to find other programs that have the same keyword in the same category. It compiles a list, ordered by score (most-matches display first).

This is a pretty nice feature, I have to boast. Consider searching for any type of software... seeing a list of a few similar software titles would possibly help you to find EXACTLY what you want (especially from a large list of possible matches like we have at BetterWindowsSoftware - 29456 titles and growing...).

Also, for anybody interested in creating their own nearly-FREE hosted software download site, I wrote a utility that allows 5000 free submission attempts, but you can register for $25. It will import the list of PAD files into your PADkit website - all of the info is on my Auto PAD Submit utility page. You could alternatively purchase a pre-populated database for a bit more $$$$.

Now I noticed that the filtering tools work properly, correctly seperating freeware apps from the, well, non-free apps. good job on your site, and I hope it becomes a big success.

wow, I was suprised with the ammount of resources you have put there.... very nice man! like A+++ job . But the Template needs improvements. Got alot of resources though, makes up for it alot!