xisto Community
finaldesign

The Best Media Player Which is your best media player?

The best emdia player is:  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This poll is outdated and so is the thread, which has been resurrected :P The top spot surely goes to VLC and although there are people who loyally use the old Windows Media Player, those who want to enjoy their playback will definitely go for VLC.

Yeah... it is old as heck! I mean, who stills use WinAmp to play Video Files and I haven't even heard of half the things on the list. My top would definitely go to Media Player 12 (or is it 11? I forgot) in Windows 7 and Vlc Media Player/ Mplayer which are almost he same thing (someone copied from the other :D) and the best of all KmPlayer -- It's the best one which I found so far -- it doesn't exactly have the best quality video rendering but it sure has the best user interface (not too much) and user controls and stuff.

Yeah... it is old as heck! I mean, who stills use WinAmp to play Video Files and I haven't even heard of half the things on the list. My top would definitely go to Media Player 12 (or is it 11? I forgot) in Windows 7 and Vlc Media Player/ Mplayer which are almost he same thing (someone copied from the other :D) and the best of all KmPlayer -- It's the best one which I found so far -- it doesn't exactly have the best quality video rendering but it sure has the best user interface (not too much) and user controls and stuff.

Winamp was a good audio player and I never really saw it as a video player! Likewise, using VLC to play mp3 files also seems weird to me today. So time keeps changing and these little surprises keep coming up! I think VLC is going to keep the top spot for a few more years until someone worthy gets to dethrone it.

Winamp was a good audio player and I never really saw it as a video player! So time keeps changing and these little surprises keep coming up!

Me Too! I downloaded WinAMP a few days ago and then I played a .AVI file and it started playing it in WinAMP, but its not a good player though. I have Windows 7, loads of ram and a awesome video/graphics card and even with all these goodies the WinAMP player gets stuck every five seconds.

Likewise, using VLC to play mp3 files also seems weird to me today.

I have always felt that way too! I think the reason why its so weird is because the design looks like its for a Video Player and when you use it for Music it looks just awkward. But the ONLY Media Player where I don't get that sensation is Windows Media -- it works both ways just the same. That's why I use it nowadays and that's also why I used to despise it.

I think VLC is going to keep the top spot for a few more years until someone worthy gets to dethrone it.

I can see it happening too -- but not anytime soon though. VLC is going through major extension the past year and they have included HD video and hardware acceleration support. But IF they ever get beaten -- its going to done by KmPlayer.

i always stick with three media players, REAL PLAYER, GOM PLAYER, and JETAUDIO. in these i could play and watch almost everything i want, if not just installing a simple codec and everything work fine.

i always stick with three media players, REAL PLAYER, GOM PLAYER, and JETAUDIO. in these i could play and watch almost everything i want, if not just installing a simple codec and everything work fine.

I have used all of those you mentioned and ideas NOT happy with them. They are too bulky and the design looks like they tried too hard toake it good. Especially GOM player -- I downloaded it and I competed hated everything about and it's orange interface.

Wd, I suggest that you try KMPayer -- the best thing and it's free! After you download KMP, download KLite media codec pack -- it has very thing possible and t render any sort of video -- no more codec problems. I installed it about 3 years ago and I have never hat to download a codec again! Try it and see if you like this combination of kmp and klite codec pack.

Another thing about kmp is that it looks good while playing video and audio -- you don't feel weird at all and you only need one player after you install it.

hiiiiiiiiiiiEnjoying your music when and where you want has never been easier! We designed the all new Windows Media Player 10 from the ground up with devices in mind. Whether you already have a device or you are in the market for a new one, Windows Media Player 10 includes features to help you get more from it.

Well, my computer is attached via 2 8 channel sound cards to a 24 track mixing desk and a load of outboard kit - I have a home studio setup. So I actually don't have an audio player because it gets in the way. I use cubase and wavelab for recording, processing, editing, mastering and listening..:-)Not cheap tho....When I use my other computer (not in the studio) that has media player on it. I made the mistake of installing media centre but it is too 'heavy' and slow for my taste, even though the functionality is good. Likewise I don't like running real player - I don't like any software that tries too hard to get me to press the pay button instead of the free download button :angry: So I play realmedia through windows media player using real alternative...

Edited by Bikerman (see edit history)

Vlc should be added to this poll...Vlc is light and the best player out there according to me...IT plays any thing even when all other players fail im sure to count on vlc player......

Well I think this depends on what type of media, because quite frankly I use 1 for music and 1 for videos.For music I choose MediaMonkey. Why? It's a very robust free app. It syncs with a lot of mp3 players and has a great media library. Plus looking or updating mp3 tags is easy to use, and can be searched for over the inet. very nice appFor Videos: I choose KMPlayer. I think it's the nicest player of all. Very light, robust and it handles mkv videos better than any other app, including DivX.

Well I think this depends on what type of media, because quite frankly I use 1 for music and 1 for videos.For music I choose MediaMonkey. Why? It's a very robust free app. It syncs with a lot of mp3 players and has a great media library. Plus looking or updating mp3 tags is easy to use, and can be searched for over the inet. very nice app

For Videos: I choose KMPlayer. I think it's the nicest player of all. Very light, robust and it handles mkv videos better than any other app, including DivX.

True... True... I used to use vlc and media player....

But my dog broke my altec lancing speakers and all i am left with are these crappy monitor speakers which arent loud enough....

With Vlc at 200 % it helps me with music and videos....

Well I think this depends on what type of media, because quite frankly I use 1 for music and 1 for videos.For music I choose MediaMonkey. Why? It's a very robust free app. It syncs with a lot of mp3 players and has a great media library. Plus looking or updating mp3 tags is easy to use, and can be searched for over the inet. very nice app

For Videos: I choose KMPlayer. I think it's the nicest player of all. Very light, robust and it handles mkv videos better than any other app, including DivX.

I feel that rather than using MediaMonkey, you could use SongBird, a music manager and firefox-source web browser, 2-in-1. It's also light and its open source and you could even use the Firefox plugins with it, so you don't have to worry about missing your browsers and it also has easy history and bookmark sync system. It can get lyrics and display them along side your webpage, so you can browse and sing along to your favorite songs.

For music files like mp3 I am using Winamp and I think it's one of the best players around for free and for video I only use VLC media player, which is good, even though I had some issues with Audio CDs playing, it didn't want to play them, for that reason I used the default Windows Media player to play it which seemed to play it quite good. :PI used to use Quintessential Media Player, which is also very good, maybe even better than Winamp, but somehow I sticked to Winamp as it's more stable.More about QCD: http://www.quinnware.com/

My personal favorite is VLC Media Player. I didn't see it on your list though :(. I like it because it is lightweight and can play virtually any format. Plus, since I am running Ubuntu, it is a welcome when compared to bulkier programs such as Windows Media Player.