xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
terminal2k

Timeframe On Domain Change how long should I expect

I just registered a domain (with Xisto - Web Hosting) and requested the change via the automated thing, I was just wondering what kind of time period it would take for the change to propegate through the DNS network so that I will be able to access the site

Plan on 48 hours. It may happen quicker, but there are a lot of things which could slow it down.Moving to Hosted Questions from Hosting Requests.

Is there any 'Pinned' Topic on this somewhere?, It may not be a big issue to Moderators & Admins, but it seems the same topic is created everytime. I know it won't stop all, some may cliam they didn't see the pinned one, but it would stop 50%?

Just to let you have more patience, I want to tell you that mine took more than 48 hours when I registered from one of the domain registration companies sometime ago. So, just in case it takes more than 48 hours all you have to do is just wait and watch.All the best!