xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
midnitesun

So Much For Windows Live Mail

i was happy when 2 weeks ago i opened my hotmail inbox and saw a mail from microsoft saying that i am invited as an official user to test windows live mail , which is going to be the new hotmail, so i happily clicked the given link and it said that i can expect to have live mail within two weeks when i sign into hotmail ,so it happened yesterday , when i signed into hotmail it was live mail and i really liked the new look and features but my happiness was short lived ,when i went to check my mail today i can sign in but the page is showing two adds and stops loading after that , i tried many times ,used different computers , different browsers but all it says is that its processing the request , you can imagine how i would feel, there is an option to change from beta to normal hotmail but it also is inside the page so i went to ideas.live in order to remove beta option , so i clicked leave this beta button and went back to hotmail and tried to sign in but without any succes as yet , i have absolutely no idea what to do now, wrote a mail to customer support about it but i dont know when i can get my mail back working properly <_<:lol:

Maybe you need to wait for IE7 for it to function properly? Read another Topic (at Xisto, I think) about Microsoft Software is going to REQUIRE an IE Browser for them to function. Another M$ brain-storm.

Sounds disappointing! It worked for other people I know. Csutomer support usually helps. Maybe you could bug them on the phone? I don't know. There has to be a support. But you have to realize that while something is in beta, they are going to get a lot of input, and since you are just one person with one problem that may be a isolated event. I know, rude, but minority doesn't rule. Hey good luck!

When its beta there is bound to be errors, perhaps you were just unlucky on trying to switch back to hotmail. It works okay on Firefox...so far anways.. Overall in both Firefox and IE, windows Live mail works okay, but tis slow at times.

well, maybe that is one of the purpose of being an official tester. You get to test if the system works, and for you it did bot work, you have to tell that now to them so they could fix the problem soon. At least because of that you have serve well for the team by helping them with that particular problem.

When you sign up for beta you can expect these kind of things. Live Mail works just fine for me on internet explorer. I really dislike how they have disabled many features for other browsers.

When you sign up for beta you can expect these kind of things. Live Mail works just fine for me on internet explorer. I really dislike how they have disabled many features for other browsers.

True, there are some features which can be accesssed easily in explorer when it aint possible on firefox. Another thing, The last time I had a look at hotmail/windows live mail from my messenger account, I had a look at the option of reverting back to hotmail, and there was something about losing space, so i'm guessing there was some more inbox space when testing the beta?