xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FirefoxRocks

Google Reader Beta Googles RSS Reader

that is very convienient. I like it. I can't get rss feed software working on my computer and google has taken the trouvble out of it. Good on you google another top service.

Wow... I don't even need to download any program to use it. Google is everything on the web and its browser-based technology owns. The RSS reader works perfectly. All you need is a google account, which is also the same account for Gmail. It's really nice. Thanks for that..

How I missed it!!!!!I am using this service from long time and I am feeling bad that I missed it and didnt write about it first <_<well, it is certainly a good service but it needs lot of imporvement and some of them are that it doesnt let you remove the topics already downloaded...Recently I wanted to remove some of the topics but it didnt give the option of removing it.I am sure these things will be fixed soon..as it is still in beta phase

We should probably move this into the Google Services section. Anyone have the power to do this? I know this isn't the appropriate place for it.

Notice from serverph:
for future reference, use the REPORT button next time for concerns like this.

moved from THE MIGHTY GOOGLE SEARCH!, to Google Services > Google Labs.

Yeah I currently use the Google Reader (alot, probably too much), I must say for the most part it is good it has all the basic features I could need with an RSS reader as well as the really usefull keyboard shortcuts (hey what can I say if it was practical for me to bin my mouse and pnly use a keyboard I would). I like the ability to search for new content (which lets face it is a pretty basic function of all online RSS clients). However I have to say that the current best feature is the ability for it to package all of the feeds you have into a single feed which can be easily read using an external RSS reader.OK so it has some limitations, as already said you cannot remove feed items already downloaded (they can be hidden though), and the tagging feature could still use a lot of work but all in all I would say this is another good application from Google.

Well, it?s just great! I didn?t know it existed... and unfortunately there are lots of hidden google feautures that are really good although in beta testing. I?ve just checked it out and it works perfectly for me.Thanks for advising it.