xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rldowling03

Ned Kelly - Hero, Victim Or Villian Do you think Ned Kelly is a Hero, Victim or Villian

Replying to rldowling03I don't think he was a hero but a creature of his circumstances.I be believe he was moulded by his surroundings. He was a criminal there is no doubt about that. But he did what he needed to do to survive and to look after and protect his family.-reply by Middy

Hero or Villian

Ned Kelly - Hero, Victim Or Villian

I'm doing an essay on Ned Kelly on wether he was a Hero or a villian I am thinking about going for hero but I'm not sure I'm anyone has any good info I'd like to know.

Thanks

-reply by Essay

hey I don't know if he is a hero but he is definitely an Icon... I think he stood up for what he believed in and, may have been a hero; depending on what you define as one. Heappealed to the "anti-authority" aspect of Australian culture that many australian's admire/d and I believe that that is one of the reasons he is considered a "hero"... (once again people, it depends on what you classify as a hero) :)

-Anonymous

victim + hero = villianNed Kelly - Hero, Victim Or Villian

Ned Kelly was all three of those titles, he was a victim because the cops abused thier power and arrested him and eventually arrested his mother. Even the best of men have limits."do you know what happens when you kick a dog one too may times?... They bite" (quote from 'home room').  Ned was obviously tired of the police thinking they are above the law but taking advantage of it when they needed to. Kelly stood up for his family, his friends and everybody else that needed someone to stand up for them. Ned Kelly stole from the banks not for his own selfish greed but to help his friends and family, he gave the money to them. He killed so he could keep his own life, basically self-defense. But everyone would have a different opinion on Ned Kelly.

I don't think that Ned Kelly is any of those catergories. I think he could be in the same class as, oh I don't know, ummm batman. He was an outlaw vigilante.

-john

-reply by classicj

Hey braz im an aussie and i think he was victimised by the police just cause he was irish what a joke pls give thoughts about the topics cheers bra . :P - Nathan

Hello! He's also a hero because he saver that little boy from drowning and when he stole from the banks he always gave like 3/4's to the poor so they could buy food and survive and 1/4 to get his mum out of jail for something she didn't even do.BTW i got all that from the book Black Snake by Carole Wilkensen

YEAH! The police also harassed him and his family which happened so much it pretty much forced him into a life of crime!So I'm with you bro.