xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Text Effect Harry Potter Text Effect

Harry Potter Text Effect

1) Create a new image, or open an existing image you wish to put text on.

2) Select the text tool (Just Hit T) and type in the text that you want with the HarryPotter font

3) Go to Layer > Layer Styles > Blending Options, or jusr right click on the text layer and click Blending Options.

4) Next, tick the box that says Bevel and Emboss, and apply the following settings:

Posted Image

5) Now tick the box, Color Overlay and apply the following settings:

Posted Image

6) Next, tick the Stroke box, then apply the following settings:

Posted Image

then you are finished!!!

Posted Image

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

no, its not as hard as i thought it would be either, but i messed around for a while then i got it, and then i realized that there were about 50 million other tutorials for the same thing out there on the web and could have just used that :lol: pissed me off :( but hey, idid it on my own and it turned out pretty awsomethanx :(

putting a texture emboss on there would look cool. try that! otherwise very nice tutorial, not complex and easy to follow!

yeah, that would add some extra effects to it, but the point is to kind of get it to look like the Harry Potter text that is on the covers of the book, and that is as close as i could get it.

recently, for the more recent movies they have changed the text color to silverish so i am going to work on changing the tutorial/adding the alternative color there, it probably wont be hard, but i cant be bothered with it now so i will do it later :) i will also be adding the color that has come out on every book that has been written so far.