xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Is It Possible To Move Only Part Of A Mysql Database more like copying it and putting it elsewhere

Ok, well on my forums, i have two different forums, one for Role Playing (Harry Potter Role Playing not $3x) and the other is for general harry potter discussions, and i added over 100 smilies to my rpg forums, and i am guessing that the area that they store the shortcuts for it is in a mysql database because i cannot find it anywhere else, and so i am curious if there is any way that i can copy the part of the mysql database and move move to copie to the other database, so i dont have to enter over 100 shortcuts AGAIN....because i basicly added all of the yahoo messenger smilies <_<

go to your phpadmin click on your ipf db look for a file call ipb_emoticons or something close to that.But I give you a little warning though something could go wrong when you copy it and try to override it thoguh, you might get a mysql error.But also regaurdless if you copy the db you still have to add them manually though.

Make sure you download a backup of your MySQL database before you even open phpMyAdmin. Two bad clicks can ruin your forum.Have you ever worked with phpMyAdmin?

What happened was: a Data Table from one Forum was 'exported' and then "imported into the other forum. No biggie, but a back-up had been performed, yes.

lol no i had never worked with PHP My Admin, lol but jlhaslip helped me out a ton! and walked me through it thanx again jlhaslip!! and since this is solved, this can be closed...hoping a mod see's this post, because since the report button is broken, i dont feel like pming someone