xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PmH

Trap17 Hosting Form theres some interesting questions there

I shot a glance at the Xisto hosting account form and I saw there were some personal questions, questions that I, and I'm sure others, do not feel comfortable answering. Things like where one lives and age, and I do not see how this information benefits Xisto or in anyway correlates to free hosting. However, I may be wrong, I was just wondering, do I have to disclose that specific of information? I do not appreciate being put into uncomfortable situations like this, so I am wondering if perhaps a high-ranked Xisto member could answer my questions, and perhaps make an exception.

We are not asking that you give us your street address, just your country. If you don't feel comfortable about disclosing your exact age, name or whatever then don't. You could, for example, just say that your name was Matt rather than Matthew William Smith and you age was ~15 in lieu of 17.

We only do that so that, methinks, we get an idea of who uses the free web hosting service offered by Xisto.

Alright, I have no problem with that, thanks!-----Edit: Just one more question. If once we get a hosting account with a subdomain, is it possible to later in the future change over to a top level domain once we have one purchased?

Edited by PmH (see edit history)

Yes, simply set the nameservers on the purchased domain to the Xisto's nameservers and park the domain at your account will work.

Another solution is use the Process page to change/edit your domain name with proper credit fee. The choice is yours. Please refer to Hosted members section for discussion on Parked domain vs. Registered domain.Topic resolved and closed.