xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rldowling03

Cost Per 1000 Impressions How does this work?

Ok i am using google ad sense and it says i get like $1.23 per 1000 impressions, does that mean i will get that much every 1000 clicks on the ad or every 1000 loads of the ad? Also if it is 1000 loads would it work if i keep refreshing my page 1000 times i will get 1000 impressions?

Ok i am using google ad sense and it says i get like $1.23 per 1000 impressions, does that mean i will get that much every 1000 clicks on the ad or every 1000 loads of the ad? Also if it is 1000 loads would it work if i keep refreshing my page 1000 times i will get 1000 impressions?

#as it says "impressions" i would guyess that it means for every veiw. Personally i wouldnt refresh the page to put your impression count up as they will notice that and probably remove you from their service. You could check their ToS and Policies to see if they say anything about wether its clicks or veiws but to me Impressions would mean the number of visits to the page where the ad is. Hope this helps <_<

impressions are clicks not views if it was views all people would have to do is refresh their browser every 5 seconds.

well just ot do some reasearch this should help ( i feel like an idiot though)

The Google ads you are able to display on your content pages can be either cost-per-click (CPC) or cost-per-1000-impressions (CPM) ads, while AdSense for search results pages show exclusively CPC ads. This means that advertisers pay either when users <- snipped -> or when the advertiser's ad is shown on your site. You'll receive a portion of the amount paid for either activity on your website. Although we don't disclose the exact revenue share, our goal is to enable publishers to make as much or more than they could with other advertising networks.

Basically that say you choose how you want to earn your money but of course you have to be careful about how you do, get caugh cheating and your account and money are gone and go to google.}}

Impressions are page(or AD) loadings.So if your page has been viewed(or properly refreshed) 1000 times, you have 1000 impressions.But beware, they are not that stupid to allow this, just go through the forums and see for yourself how many accounts have been banned for doing this.And more importantly, if they have enoufh reason to suspend your account, still they wait till your account balance reaches $90 or so.(i.e. just close to the payment mark) thereby getting a huge benefit.(u can guess how sad it may be!)

At first, read this terms and conditions provided by google:

https://www.google.com/adsense/localized-terms?hl=en_US

What do you think about this?

This is published by google. Before signing up google adsense, you agreed this terms and conditions. Then why you are going to violate this terms?.

The self impression generation only results on the termination of your account. Why you trying for your own distruction?. Make money only in right way. That way is the only one which can trust for ever. Please make my words in count.

Sincierly

- Iven

Edited by ivenms (see edit history)

Hey, supppose I put google ADs on different pages on my site.When a visitor comes and browses all those pages, is it counted like ONE impression or multiple impressions?

Hey, supppose I put google ADs on different pages on my site.When a visitor comes and browses all those pages, is it counted like ONE impression or multiple impressions?

That is better. You have to ad google ads on different pages. Those pages will generate different traffic. I think there is no risk on put your ads on every pages of your site. The only risk on it is your frequent access to your site from the computer on which tou frequently opening adsense account. If you want to access your site from your computer, please disable the javascript of browser. Then no problem.

Since google logs your ip addr4ess when you click the safest thing to do is to setup an anonymous proxy with about 100 ip addresses and click once with every address every day to ensure you make a minimum that unfortunately is not legal and people caught doing it will have their account revoked.. but how do they find out that its you? <_< they dont

It is more common than it seems that Google banee an account because of webmaster refreshes the page more of the habitual. A very common error is when somebody changes the design of the page. If beams this process in line, you can get to refresh hundreds of times the page, and if you have adsense, It register the impressions, varying the CPM. If normally you have one hundred visits in your Web and a day you refresh your page two hundred times, it is very probable that Google thinks that you are modifying artificially the CPM of your page. So if you want to prove the new design the times that lack does, It is recommendable that you use images of the same size that the publicity blocks, and not the ads blocks of Adsense. What I did not know was that Google waits you to have 90$ to bann the account. If that can be very sad.

First of all.......yeah impressions are page views not clicks.Secondly, the amount u get out of 1000 impressions is next to NOTHING at all. It's a joke really. Dont even bother about getting your impressions high, cuz there's another catch to it. If your CTR or Click Thru Rate goes down real bad, then you're site will be getting what google refers to as LOW PAYING ADS. That is the amount u get per click will be drastically reduced. so yeah, unless you're site is getting like thousands of visitors per day....dont bother about impressions or services which pay you based on impressions