xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PmH

Questions About Domain Name And Trap17 Hosting

Hi, everyone, I've just got a couple things I need some clearing up, I'm not too acquainted with how domains and hosting configure to each other and whatnot.1) If lets say I register a top level domain https://www.domainit.com/ or whatever from any domain provider (godaddy, yahoo..), could I configure that to my Xisto free hosting account (I don't have one at the moment)? Or with Xisto hosting account am I limited only to subdomains?2) How many hosting credits do you lose if you do not post one day? I'm just wondering for the future, to make sure before I go on holiday or anything that I have adequate hosting credits.Well, that's it for now, any help is welcomed. Thanks!

1) Yes, you will be able to host top level domains. you could get a top level domain with anyone, and be able to host it here. you would just need to make sure the name servers are set to NS1.TRAP17.COM and NS2.TRAP17.COM, for information on that see the Xisto Readme which has more information on that, and if you still need help with setting it up, anyone here would be happy to help you!

2) once again, you should read the Xisto Readme which all of this informatin can be found in. but, every day 1 hosting credit is taken away, so if you were to go away for 2 weeks, that is 7 days a week which makes 14 days...now in order for you to keep yourhosting you would need to have the 14 credits, but i would suggest that you keep more than that compiled up.

If you need anymore help feel free to post it and everyone will be willing to help <_<

Thanks so much, wow this place is really a great deal, they'll host top levels and you only lose one point a day, very nice.Kudos to XistoDumbledore, I see you're a big Harry Potter fan? Same here! Maybe we could chat about it sometime.Sorry I was pondering domains and I realised I have yet more questions! O:)Anybody here suggest a domain provider? I'm looking for, obviously, a low price, but also I want to be able to feel safe with the company, know that they won't use my information or manipulate my account or pull off any scams.All suggestions welcomed. I'm leaning towards a .net domain, the name I want is in use for .com*merged by jlhaslip*

you should have edited your post before this one including these questions, but the website that i am co-owner of and soon to be owner of it, is hosted on the yahoo services that offer domains located here https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains