xisto Community
Slashx123

My Near Death Experience

Well, when i was about 13 i almost died while swimming for salmon lures. There is this bridge by my house and i decided i was going to swim down to the bottom and get this lure that i liked. So i dove in down below the bridge and reached out to grab the lure i liked, so i grabbed it but when i tried to surface, the hook caught on my thumb and the line was attached to something sturdy, so i pulled as hard as i could to get free, but no matter how hard i tried, nothing worked. I had been under for about a minute struggling to get free but all failed and i decided to give up, wich is a really crappy feeling knowing youre going to die and someone is going to find youre body floating under a bridge with youre thumb hooked to a lure. SO just as i decided to give up, i felt a warm sensation fill my body, then a relived feeling.. and to my surprise, i heard a crackle, then, when i tugged on the line, it just came free. This was the most unbelivable thing ever, i swam up to the surface and gasped for air then once i had regained my breath, i had to pull the hook back out of my thumb, and if anyone knows what a salmon lure looks like.. they are huge. Anyway, the hook was embedded down to my bone, and the only way to get a hook out of skin is too push it through, cut the barb of, and pull it bck out. Well, since that wasnt possible seeing as the hook was clear in to my thumb, i went home and drank about a fifth of R&R (Cheap Wisky) And decided i was ready, i took hold of the hook, and ripped it straight out of my skin, with as much force as i could. MY thumb began pumping out blood, wich really added to the situation, but after a while it quit and i was VERY relieved to know that someone or something was looking after me.. Do i belive in god? Hell yes.

WOW! Just reading that gives me the heebdy bajeebidys.Now seeing as how you drank a lot of Whiskey before pulling it out, did it hurt? I mean I'm sure you felt something, but how'd you get to the hospital to get it stitched?1) You're drunk2) You pulled it out, by the time you got to the car you'd faint from blood loss.

Wow man, I sorta know what you mean but mine is in a small sailboat in the the waves as a 13 1/2 yearold kid trying to make it to shore. But wow... yea I know what you mean by God and stuff. Why did you rip it right out of your thumb?I know the lures are HUGE and stuff, but wow.... just fumbled by your post and that you made it out in 1 piece. But what was the lession you learned? <_< Thats some courage and power of God... when you least expect it.

Now that is what I call a miracle. You had a guardian angel watching you that day. One that could swim, in fact.

I cannot imagine pulling a fish hook of any kind out of my skin. It must have been excruciating pain not to mention the blood loss. I couldn't have done it even if I were drunk. I bet you thank God every day.

I got kicked in the face by a horse years ago. I am so thankful to be alive, too.

i had one like yourself... :)i was felling kind of cool and i was careless swimming to far away from the coast, then i got scared and turned back, but the waves pushed me back to high sea and with all my tries i wasn't getting very far... so at some point i just gave up and hope for death.But amazingly enough when i came to my senses, half a minute after, i was near the coast and could walk till the shores. i have to say that was the first time i saw death in the eyes. pretty scary... i even saw the small and fast flashback of my life. pretty scary... :\but i'm here... and i do believe in God. It was a miracle that time... :)cheers

:) And people say there is no such thing as miracles. Yes tehre is a loving God out there, and He spared your life for some reason. So count your blessings dude. Yeah it is way cool to see the way God works sometimes. And I can say that this was a real miracle. Thanks for sharing it!

Well... theres this canal near my house. So me and a friend went fishing on a lil canal. We took all the stuff and catched a few fish but my fishing rod (expensive) fell in so i tried to reach it and slipped with some algae. i swam down to get it and when i was about to go up my shorts got stuck and i couldnt go up. :| ...so i came to the point where i couldnt breathe no more so my friend came down and tried to help LOL. i just took off my shorts and got up. thats my NEAR death experience....

Yea it is a very creep story to tell, but i dont understand how it could happen to get that deep in your thumb.Another thing that someone was saying how did you drink when your 13 and how come there was no parents around to help you out? I know if i was 13 and that situation happens i would leave it and try to get help as fast as i could. Overall though it is a very scary story and its horrible to think about that you could die at anytime. Really anything could happen and you have to be prepared. I think that it your same story happened to me once that got stuck in my thumb i would panic and drown instantly.

thats wierd as heck...first you drinking the rum at 13 and 2nd being so stupid to just pull it out... go to the damn doctors... and let them do it properlywell man sry to say but your an idiot lolbut on the otherhand your still alive so welcome to the nworld!!!

psh, be thankful you had somthing to drug you up around the house, my parents would have just pulled it out, no drugs attached.. *thinks then faints* lol