xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Hands Off Our Internet! Democrats lose House vote on Net neutrality

Democrats lose House vote on Net neutrality

A hotly contested Democratic bid to enshrine extensive Net neutrality regulations in the law books failed Wednesday in the U.S. House of Representatives.

By a 34-22 vote, members of the House Energy and Commerce Committee rejected a Democratic-backed Net neutrality amendment that also enjoyed support from Internet and software companies including Microsoft, Amazon.com and Google.

so how does NET NEUTRALITY affect us all? Rep. Barton (R-Texas) has sponsored a bill to hand over the Internet to big telephone and cable companies. Rep. Rush (D-Illinois) supports Barton's bill that would stifle independent voices and small businesses (and that includes the MOST of us). would you be willing to have the media giants privatize internet as we know it?

but the fight is not yet over... you can still help SAVE THE INTERNET!

Okay, I went and had a look. Definately something worth supporting, but how do non-american members of this forum support the cause? There isn't an American Congressman for my Province in Canada (yet).

Okay, I went and had a look. Definately something worth supporting, but how do non-american members of this forum support the cause? There isn't an American Congressman for my Province in Canada (yet).

just passing it on to people you know, for greater public awareness, may help i suppose. even if non-americans, we can all form a chain of resistance to this, alongside americans. i'm not american either, but steps like these to quelch NET NEUTRALITY especially from american soil, is something which will reverberate throughout the whole net sphere in a global sense. other countries and their isps and media bigwigs may join the bandwagon. in short, the threat not only affects american users, but eventually will affect us all.

Yeah......too many frequencies out there......getting mixed up with cell phones and TV.......I wonder if someone could text and turn on the TV......lol.....