xisto Community
GrayFox

The Correct Question About Gmail This is the right question, excume for the other topic

The Correct Question - GMail  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, this is the Correct question. I made a mistake in another post, because I wrote another question :lol: , but this is the right, so Answer and Make your Opinion about this. :lol:

--------

PD: "What do you think will be the Space limit in GMail?" ----> I forgot another thing, What do you think will be the Space limit in GMail by 2007? :lol:

Edited by GrayFox (see edit history)

It is a little over 2GB, what makes you think -10 GB, 12 GB, 15 GB, 20 GB and +20 GB are other options. I don't understand your question itself. I think the current space limit is quite enough for anyone, I suppose. In my opinion if they come up at all with new space limit, it will be something like INFINITE space limit. Because, it has been found out that more than 80% of email users don't user more than even 100MB in reality. So, in order to give a good name even if email service providers increase the inbox storage capacity it is mainly to draw more users to their services.

Less than 10 GB. 2GB it?s a lot, you know. Maybe because of competitors it will raise a little but in only one year I don?t think that it?ll increase too much. ?Maybe 5 GB? Don?t know, that?s my personal bet. <_<

They're going to keep on buying (or making... I suppose) servers at a steady rate for a long time. I think it has the potential to, after a while of adding and re-adding (which has, is, and will continue to be taking place), get above 20gigs per person, ESPECIALLY if competition from yahoo and perhaps other hosts get stronger.

Will there ever be a space limit for gmail? I mean, it increases everyday a very little, so i think it will increase, like for ever. Although, i doubt anyone really needs all that space., but its the best email provider out there!

I think the values you posted are a bit to high, I know there are company's offering even 30 gigabytes of space (Like http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/), but Google has just far too many people using Googlemail already. IF they would offer a lot of more space I guess they will need to compensate on the speed of the mail service etc. I think, in the end, Google mail will have about 5 GB available, which is far enough for you to use, in my opinion. I've been using googlemail for 2 years now, and I've just used 154 MB space...

Maybe in 20 to years (if gmail still exists then...) you will a 20GB+ storage, think about it, 15 years ago 1GB was a huge ammount of space. Back then you could actually buy video games on floppy disks! So in a couple of years 2GB mail might be tiny...