xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiron

Microsoft Warns Users Of Pirated Windows Os with a Desktop Message

This will probably be implemented through the use of automatic updates and such, but I personally do not know anyone who has ever ran automatic updates in the past 5 years. Some clueless retard might fall for this, but I doubt people that know what they're doing will even be affected by MS. A firewall will most likely be able to stop MS from sniffing around your pc anyway (unless it's MS's own lol)... Good luck microsoft, but the last time I checked, trying to piss off people with illegal/pirated/ect versions of windows never seems to work, and never seems to bring more cash in your pocket. Why not waste money trying to make your OS better instead of wasting it for useless crap like this that will probably be the laugh of millions of people worldwide.

I don't understand what Microsoft is trying to accomplish, still... the idea sounds good for those that actually pay. But, implementing such thing would take a while. Surely the hackers would be at it instantly. Updates could work in those cases, but such huge work for a little banner? Soon... Microsoft will probably put in banner ads when you boot up the computer to cover their losses...*sigh* What is the world coming to? There should be more eyes on this topic.

This will probably be implemented through the use of automatic updates and such, but I personally do not know anyone who has ever ran automatic updates in the past 5 years. Some clueless retard might fall for this, but I doubt people that know what they're doing will even be affected by MS. A firewall will most likely be able to stop MS from sniffing around your pc anyway (unless it's MS's own lol)... Good luck microsoft, but the last time I checked, trying to piss off people with illegal/pirated/ect versions of windows never seems to work, and never seems to bring more cash in your pocket. Why not waste money trying to make your OS better instead of wasting it for useless crap like this that will probably be the laugh of millions of people worldwide.

I ran one the other day... didn't wan't to it rather did it by itself or my sisters etc tur automatic updates on! Whatever it doesn't matter in the eyes of windows my illegal copy is legal except it actually isn't!

This will probably be implemented through the use of automatic updates and such

Too bad, I had that turned off for the last 2 years. All it does is waste my bandwidth.

Future of IT in the worldMicrosoft Warns Users Of Pirated Windows Os

My view is that, the MS has distributed ther products all over the world first by knowing that they are being pirated but not objected positively at initial stages.

It is a huge true that the same has contibuted lot to develop the IT sectors as well as the brains of students in the world specially in developing countris. As such there are many people who are not able to buy any of MS foftware with the available prices . So the same will be contributed to blind many future IT brains of such countrie.

Therefore I hope that the prevailing trend for pirating of software will be radically effect on Asian countries  as well as other developing countries in terms of country education in IT.

-reply by sanja

how do I fix this?Microsoft Warns Users Of Pirated Windows Os

I have a pirated version of Windows XP (I'm poor) and have a TV set up as a second monitor. Now after this sudden attack on piracy by Windows (greedy bastards) my second monitor will show web pages, video, and pictures only in black and white. Is there a solution to this or should I just go to linix. Please help, thank you.

-reply by feralchild147

Clone hard drivesMicrosoft Warns Users Of Pirated Windows Os

This is a simple question with a simple answer.

Just buy one and open up your computer and clone the hard drive and put the hard drive back into the computer that you want windows on. That just means that your computer has the licence legally, but you can put it on any computer you want as long as you know how to take out a hard drive and put it back in after your done with it.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY THEN STICK WITH LINUX/FREE BSD/TINYOS...ETC ETC...

-reply by Henry

this is soooooooooooooooooooooooo easy to solve!!Microsoft Warns Users Of Pirated Windows Os

I use black xp, a pirated copy of windows which combines the good parts from XP and Vista together and leaves out all the crappy bits.

windows genuine advantage (wga) is the easiest thing to get around, it is pointless in them even bringing it out as I was only 15 when I figured out how to get around it.

if the WGA message has already came up on your system the just re-install your windows. Don't have your internet connected during re-install. Once your PC/Laptop is finishes re-installing:

go to start > runType in the box "services.Msc" (without speech marks) Scroll down to where it says security centreRight click and stopRight click again and propertiesWhere it says startup type with a dropdown box make sure this says disabled and not automaticClick ok and close the services boxThen after this go to start > control panel > security centreMake sure the only thing in this box is windows firewallInstall your antivirus and there you have it a pirated version of windows without the stupid pop upBox!!

!DO NOT DOWNLOAD A WGA PATCH, THEY ALL CONTAIN VIRUSES/TROJANS/WORMS THAT INFECT YOUR SYSTEM UNDETECTED AS THEY INSTALL THEMSELVES THROUGH THE COMMAND PROMP!

-reply by Nathan