xisto Community
noxit

Which Graphic designing software are you using?

I'm so poor that Ihave to use a faulty, antiquated Microsoft Picture It! Photo Premium 2002. I'm saving up the money for Jasc Paint Shop Pro, though. I'ld like Photoshop, but I can't afford it.MPIPP is decent, but it doesn't do half the stuff I'd like it to. And I can't put borders on my stuff, so that really ticks me off.

I use the GIMP, although the UI isn't really user-friendly (you know...gtk). It crashes sometimes on Windows, but under Linux is pretty stable. Photoshop is too expensive, especially as a student. If you consider that Photoshop costs in the US about $ 650, and in Germany about 1200 euros, you understand why...

As a student you can get pretty good discounts at places like your colleges book store. I remember seeing macromedia products with a 70% discount there. So it isnt so expensive for graphical design students.

I use photoshop for already so many years that i actually don't want an other graphic design program :blink:. but there is one thing.. Im still searching for an 3d program and where to download? any1 uses an 3D program? ive heard from max3d or something? but never found it. pls help me so i can make my self-made pictures more realistic <_<. greetz ZorBix

Photoshop is the way to go. I have Photoshop and PSP and while PSP is a very good program Photoshop is more advanced and offers many bigger things (such as the price tag <_< )

I have been using photoshop for a long time and i am happy with it. The new one i have yet to try but i am guessing it is good. Also jasc software - paint shop pro and animation shop are very useful. It all depends on the functions the software can perform.

I use Photoshop.It's actually the only one professional image-editing software I've tried, but I'm not having any problems with it, and am not planning soon to shift to Paint Shop Pro or something ...

I have to agree and say fireworks is probably one of the most powerful of its type and is reasonably easy to use even for complicated stuff...

Ok so, in past 2 years, while Im working as "designer", I'm using:- Photoshop - for image editing- Illustrator - for vector's- Acrobat & Distilles with Pitstop & QuiteImposing Plugins - for producing PDF documents- Streamline - for tracing vector's- CorelDRAW 12 - for vector's- Freehand - for vector's and some little layouting- QuarkXPress - for layout- PageMaker - for layout- 3d Studio Max 6 - for 3d modelling- Bryce 5 - for rendering, and some landscape building's..So.. that's about work, and for my personal entertainment i use... nah... that's has nothing to do with designing, but it's: Propellerhead's REASON. :)