xisto Community
Joshua

Chase-good Example Of Bad Banking Stay clear of them

I was long time Saving of America user, then they got bought out by Wamu and everything was business as usual. . . . . I've had overages and I've paid them no big deal, nothing that came out of left field or anything. . . .So then Chase bought Wamu and didn't think much of it just another bank? WRONG! My checking account never stays very high, say around $100 once all the bills get paid and move money to other accounts. I  have some automated payments that post, like blockbuster and gym membership that never come out to be over $50 over the course of a month and never had any overages because of it. And I use my debt card for lunch and what not which pulls from my checking. The first month that I was full Chase pledged member I had $500 worth of overages! It seems they did not process any of my automated payment until (it would seem) my account was so low it would trigger a $35 over draft fee for everything that was in queue. I check my account online throughout the day, everyday, to make sure what my budget would looks like and anything that is automated (as it is now) would show as pending. But NO! J.P. Morgan himself came over raped me! And it hurt!! No money was moved from my savings or anything. . . I contacted Chase wanting explanation why were those automated transactions  not posting and why did they all post on the same day and why wasn't any of my savings money moved over. "we do not control when they post" and "that feature was with wamu and doesn't carry over, you would have to enroll in that service, would you like to do that today?"  was the answer I got from them. I just hung up.

On a separate occasion I went out of town and there were no chase atm's no big deal I'll pay the $3 from this bank and be done with it. No I wont! I'll pay $10 to Chase as well, $5 for the transaction and another $5 for checking my balance on one the same transaction!

Needless to say I have opened up an account else where and George if you're working on that class action suit give me some details and tell me where to sign. Sheila you are so right! Anybody reading this post if you have a Chase account make a change to a bank that helps you not themselves to you're hard earned (and much needed) money.

-reply by Gilbert

Chase is a SCAMChase-good Example Of Bad Banking

I paid off my credit card and 10 days later got hit with $83.95 in finance charges TEN DAYS after is was paid off.  They told me tough that's their policy even though I paid the TOTAL balance do ON LINE so I didn't miss or add any days. 

You all are right it's not WAMU anymore and thanks to all your posts I am going to look at another bank to do my business with because I don't make enough money to support a bank too!

-reply by Joy Beth

over $ 10,000.oo in three yearsChase-good Example Of Bad Banking

CHASE is ripping off the little people who live from pay check to pay check. If you don't live pay check to pay check and make a lot of money the bank helps you to keep your business and your money in there bank, but of you don't your on the bank hit list.

Last Monday, I got gas with the debit card, then again one Tuesday more gas, I was out of town. On Tuesday the on line said there was 5.98 in the account that night with the two debit taken out. On Thursday night our phone was turn off and my wife call and gave them a check by phone, unknowing that there was only 5.98 in the bank. She was told that it would 48 hours to process the check. She has derecit deposit, so it should have been there at the same time as her check.When she check the bank on line on Thursday, the check was there, and paid, the two debits for gas were still pending and list as after the check now the bank get three overdrafts instead of one. WHAT THE HELL AND HOW IN THE HELL IS THIS RIGHT!. Unethical, unjustified.

Delay posting charges

Delay posting account balance

Re-sequence and pay charges from high to low

Please help us, the little people who live pay check to pay check

-reply by UBRB

Replying to iGuestYou guys are right they will do whatever it takes to charge you with over draft charges. Just the other day I deposited a $300 check because I was negative and they conveniently put a hold on it (which they have never done before, but ever since they became chase they think they could do whatever the hell they feel like!) resulting in another overdraft charge. I can not afford to bank with them anymore!

Replying to iGuestYou guys are right they will do whatever it takes to charge you with over draft charges. Just the other day I deposited a $300 check because I was negative and they conveniently put a hold on it (which they have never done before, but ever since they became chase they think they could do whatever the hell they feel like!) resulting in another overdraft charge. I can not afford to bank with them anymore!

Easy for you to say "don't overdraft."  Well, last week after the Chase merger they STOPPED accepting my paychecks altogether, and I ended up with 9 overdraft fees.

My paychecks were written out to my photography business, but they said they couldn't accept it because it had to be my exact name, which I NEVER had a problem with WaMu.  It's their fault for not informing us of their new standards.

Maybe it was written somewhere in fine print, but I bet you never read any of it just like the rest of the 99% of the population.

On top of that, they never told us about how over the weekends they charge the highest payments first instead of chronological.  There should be an option for customers.  So if done chronologically like WaMu used to do, I should have only 2 overdraft charges instead of 9 since my high payment went through late Sunday (google ads).

They know it's a problem, so they're reversing it next quarter, and they can only give me back 2 overdraft fees for the entire year.  But I guess it's better than complete highway robbery.

I needed that $200, and now I'm flat broke and about to go under again unless I sell off my car and end my apartment lease and live on the streets.

GET OUT AS SOON AS YOU CAN...Especially if you're former WAMU customers!

Nov 2, my WAMU card got denied at Trader Joe's twice...Despite the fact I had sufficient funds. I immediately went to the bank and they didn't see any problem with my account. So...I went across the street to try my card again...DENIED! Promptly went back to the bank and was put through to the VISA department - after waiting 5 minutes a person who barely spoke English came on and said it was probably just a bad terminal that I'd used.  I told her I'd used my card at two different terminals...I asked to speak to a Supervisor...Hung up after waiting 10 minutes.

Checked my account two days later and both places that had denied my card showed completed transactions!I HAD PAID CASH! 10 days later I still have no resolution. Called a week ago and now a week later NOTHING DONE! 

I'm pulling out and going to Wells Fargo. Too scary to have my money mishandled in such a way!

Chase Overdraft fees are ABSURD!Chase-good Example Of Bad Banking

So I actually just went through the whole overdraft issue with Chase.  They took longer than expected to post a deposit, and as a result my account when in the red.  Instead of posting transactions in the order the occurred, they reordered 5 days worth of transactions to benefit them self.

Outraged that a bank was allowed to do this, I actually took them to Small Claims court and WON!  I just received a phone call from a woman in their legal department informing me that the ONLY reason I won was because they didn't show up and thus defaulted.  They had every opportunity to arrive (it was scheduled 6 weeks in advance) and didn't.  They also can not assume that they would automatically win the case.

Chase is an example of a bank that says they focus on customer service while in the background, tries to come up with ways to extract more fees from their customers.  I plan to close my account as soon as possible.

-reply by Erin from NY

OverdraftChase-good Example Of Bad Banking

I cannot believe what this bank is doing. I had ample amount of money in my account, took cash out to pay my mortgage, showed still had a positive balance. Get home before bed check my account and is still good. Get to work first thing this morning and boom, 3 overdraft charges amounting to $102 for 3 transactions, one for only $0.80. All 3 of these transactions were not pending/posting/nothing on my account but somehow went through after business hours after 11pm to charge me all this.

So I tried calling to get them reversed, yeah got INDIA, she was rude, and when I asked for a supervisor she hung up on me. So now I get to go to the bank after work with my receipt showing I had a positive balance and try and argue to get my money back. Wish me luck and if you have any advice on getting it reversed let me know. She has said they have refunded me before but I have never had any reversed.

I like how they say the are re-vamping their overdraft fees, to make it more clearer, well if they were clear in the first place this type of things wouldnt happen. And the fact that they are eliminating over draft fees for any transaction under $5, well supposedly my 3 were all under $5. If Bank of America can re-vamp theirs in less then 2 weeks but takes Chase until maybe the first quarter of next year. 

Ready to shop for another bank or just keep an account to cash checks in and leave only $5 bucks in it to keep it open. I just love how they put a hold on one of their own checks for $175 instead of verifying the money is there and holding it for 3 days.

-reply by Traci

Interest paid on savings accountChase-good Example Of Bad BankingI had about ten thousand dollars in my Chase savings account and another six thousand in my Chase checking account. After a couple of months, my Savings account had amassed a grand total of $0.26 interest. I withdrew all except two thousand of my savings account and put the withdrawn amount in a credit union. This past month, Chase paid me $0.01 interest on my $2000 in savings - a percentage rate of 0.0006. I left the money in savings so they wouldn't charge me a service fee on my checking account.-reply by Bob H

Hi!@JoshuaThe overdraft protection definitely was a mean trick that Chase, or Bank One, pulled on you. I would think the overdraft protection covers both withdrawals and cheques unless they mentioned it. I've noticed that most organizations tend to offer you some kind of a benefit if you can keep bugging them about trying to reduce the amount you have to pay. Haggle and you can actually save from a couple of dollars to several hundred dollars! In fact, my neighbour managed to talk the real estate agent into giving him the apartment for about half of the rent by just calling up and talking over the phone, though I doubt I'd be able to do that unless I promised to hand the agent a treasure map in exchange for the reduced rent.@anwiiiThat interest rate increase seems like Chase really was in need of your money. I believe getting a credit card with the same bank and the one where you keep your cash is a good idea because they can simply deduct the amount from your account and you can avoid getting into the negative.@kagerioshuA co-worker once went to ABN Amro to get a new bank account and the bank representative mentioned that the minimum balance for opening an account was $6,800. That's almost seven thousand U.S. dollars as a deposit for opening an account when all other banks required merely $1,300. He later ended up going to Barclays Bank which offered a zero-balance account for a fee of $8 per month.Just an off-topic question, but where do all the iGuest posts come from and why aren't there actual user accounts associated with those posts?

Chase feesChase-good Example Of Bad Banking

I recently had to make an emergency trip to Europe due to my mom being taken to the hospital due to a stroke,well I have all my utilities taken our of my chase account automatic and I used my card in Europe which gave me a negative balance by less than five dollars,now because of my utilities chase charged me four overdraft fees in two days,this is pure evil so beware of them,july 2010 can not come soon enough,my question is what is barney frank doing while chase gets away with this evil? 

-reply by Will

agreedChase-good Example Of Bad Banking

Chase actually switches online transactions to make you overdraft. That is what they did to me and I actually witnessed it happening. I called five times in two days about it and nobody would admit that they do that, even though I had proof! It was very annoying and I immediately switched to a credit union. What a great choice. I will get my $80 Chase fees back in no time with a credit union. I was so surprised when I found out that a few people still like Chase.

I Miss Wamu :-(Chase-good Example Of Bad Banking

Last Wednesday I had about $400 in my checking account.  I spent around $120 on two transactions and checked my account Thursday  which showed the two transaction had posted and taken from my balance.  I have direct deposit on my paycheck, and has always posted Thursday at midnight.  Thrusday afternoon I wrote a check for my rent.  Granted it was floating, and I wouldn't be upset if they charged me with the overdraft on that.  What they did do however, was remove the two previous withdraws that were done earlier that week, pended my paycheck, and posted my rent check first, making my overdrawn, the reposting the previous two transactions that were suppose to be already cleared and posted, which clearly SHOWED on my statement when I checked online.  This cause three overdraft charges at $35 a pop.  My direct deposit was still pending the next day.  They have NEVER pended my direct deposit before.

Now I will take blame when blame is due.  But for them to repost cleared transactions and hold a direct deposit is just shady.  After calling India, hoping for an explanation, and maybe a reversal on at least two of the fees, I was told that nothing could be done and I did not have proof that the two previous transactions posted, and that they automatically hold any deposit for at least 24 hours, which is a lie!  I hung up and filed a case with OCC.  Chase is nothing but a bunch of liars and thieves.  Looking quickly now for a new bank!

-reply by Kristi

I was originally with Washington Mutual Bank before the Goon's from Chase bought them out and also my WAMU Credit Card was now of couse "CHASE" well it's been hell ever since so anyone that wants to even stand on one leg for this sorry A&% excuse for a bank your just as Screwed up as they are. I always make 800.00 payments on my 145.00 minimum payments to keep my account in good standing my record shows that some days I will pay 1,000.00 and once I only paid 500.00 But what I do is I always go to Amscott to get Money Orders it's free! well after Chase had taken over my WAMU credit card first thing they did was raised my interest rate from 8.98 to 14.98% they said that it wasn't profitably to keep it at 8.98 thats why WAMU is no more! thats almost exactly what I was told verbatim! (**** me chase). Anyway I decided after problems after problems I am not staying with this screwed up bank so I started making larger payments, well Amscott has a 1,000. Limit and I wanted to pay 1,100.00 for that month to get the card paid off faster, well anyone thats been to Amscott knows they print there money orders off a machine and you tear them apart. Well I had 2 money order with consecuative numbers one for 1,000 and one for 100. And I didn't tear them apart just the stubs off which they are still attached. I filled both out and put them in there envelope and sent my payment. After my next months statement comes in I see they only posted -100.00 payment thank you! ***! I never would send in a payment below the minimum due! they tact on a late fee also! I called them and said a few choice words, finally got the 1,000 credited, but I get a letter a week later telling me I have 10 days to go to Amscott and verify if the M.O. Has been cashed or not. Amscott says they charge a 12.00 tracing fee! I called Chase and said I am not paying that fee for a mistake you made so they say they will credit that, I can't wait to see this. And I know some dumb A&% indian sitting behind a cupical just typed the one money order into my account without even noticing the 1,000 one attached behind it so the trace will be obvious it will I am most sure come back un cashed! and this trace according to Amscott takes anywhere from 35-40 days! so I have the feeling I am about to take a LONG ride on this fricken Chase bank roller coaster, and I would most deffinetly not recommend this bank if they are that lame and forget to apply both money orders sent, I have sent 2 M.O's in the past and they got applied? Very pathetic Bank!