xisto Community
Joshua

Chase-good Example Of Bad Banking Stay clear of them

what's even worse is, When I go to the banks I see mostly Black faces. Black on Black crime now that's absolutely retarded.

-reply by peter moore

Replying to iGuestOh good God people. Whiny little brats who don't even know how to manage their money.I used to have a Chase account too but didn't leave them because of lousy service, but simply because I moved to a different state with no Chase banks, but am now moving back and will happily open a new account with them.The rule is simple: DON'T SPEND MORE MONEY THAN YOU HAVE AND FAULT THE FREAKING BANK BECAUSE YOU'RE PENALIZED.Read your damn servicing agreement and stop trying to float checks and get away with it.Chase doesn't change the way transactions are posted either. All posted transactions post in DESCENDING ORDER, largest to smallest. There's no deception. Everything's on the contract you sign at the time of account opening.Christ, banks should really require people to take a test before opening a bank account. That way some dingaling actually knows what they're getting into and doesn't mismanage their money and cry about the bank charging them. If you're not good enough with managing your money to open up a bank account and have to stick to a lax rule bending credit union, then so be it. Stop plaguing the nation with your bad business and lack of money management and *****ing about it and having the audacity to claim that the bank is evil, deceptive and cruel.

chase depositsChase-good Example Of Bad BankingI just opened up a Chase acct this week (week of christmas) I recieved a check for 2900 from Fidelity Bank. I promptly deposited the check yesterday morning. I recieved an email alert this morning stating I had xx available balance it included this check. I so happened to go onto Chase tonight and they have now removed 2800 under a lad debit and kept only 100 of my deposit. I am floored it said I had the available funds this morning now I don't. Has this ever happened to anyone I am so upset that I don't have that money in my acct. Can anyone elaborate on this?-reply by Tiffany

I miss WAMU too!! :(Chase-good Example Of Bad Banking

I have been with WAMU for almost 10 years now... Absolutely loved them... My debit transactions never pended for days, they were processed the same day, and my direct deposits always were posted. Never pended, Thursday night at midnight. Kristi, the same thing happened to me... Every paycheck since August... Since Chase took over I have had more overdraft fees than I have ever had in a lifetime!! In the last 5 months they have charged me $550 in fees because my deposits are posting after my credits from my account...Although in the time frame the deposit was made before the credits were ran. It is beyond frustrating, and I have been on the phone from one supervisor to the next for hours, and they have a policy they can oly reverse $70 of overdraft fees period. I HATE CHASE!

I am going with a credit union... **** corporate banks!! /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley7.Gif

~Gwen

WORST BANK EVERChase-good Example Of Bad Banking

High fees, every month changes in interest rate without me even missing a payment.They are closing my accounts due to a glitch in another bank systemThat has been reported to the credit bureau and will be adjusted in 30Days yet they close 2 card with a totally limit of over 13 k!  I haveBeen making payments every month, with money coming int he checkingEvery week and more than 7k in the savings. For cry out loud sake. WHYAM I BEING KICKED IN THE BUTT AND WHEN I CALLED THEM SOME COLD UNPROFESSIONAL PERSON ANSWERED AND WAS NOT HELPFUL AT ALL! Yes they do not care about you, they do not care about your credit report, they are very rich and only preying on people to get richer.

Yup wasTricked into it by a person we know that worked there at some point ofHis life! Thank You so much for this NASTY BANk! So ready to findAnother bank to deal with.

-reply by Anita

Chase a total "RIP OFF"Chase-good Example Of Bad Banking

Do not fall in to coupons with case bank they will get you. Chase is totally ripoff. They will send you coupons when you open the account they will not pay you for the coupon and make some reasons which they did it to me. Then I got enrolled in there points program and ordered some BP gift card for those points, its been two months they haven't sent it to me."Chase is RIP OFF if you want some good advice don't open occount with Chase bank"

-reply by Vicky

Shame on ChaseChase-good Example Of Bad Banking

I have been banking with Chase for over 20 years.  I had several Chase credit cards open.  A few years ago, I paid off two of those cards in full.  The following month, I received a statement with a balance of $1.00 in finance charges.  Huh?  Then, recently I  paid off the last of my Chase credit cards in full.  Guess what?  Right.  I received a statement showing payment in full, but not without Chase charging me $15.00 + in finance charges! I paid off all of my other credit cards at the same time I paid off Chase, and no other credit card company charged finance charges after showing a zero balance -- except for Chase.  I can't believe they're getting away with this.  My advice:  Pay off your Chase credit card (and all others) and pay cash for all future purchases! 

-reply by Sylvia

Crapy ChaseChase-good Example Of Bad Banking

its not a question of spending even...I asked chase in NJ how to close my accounts with them as I was leaving the country and there was no money on them anyway...Was told that they would automatically close down after a few months of non-usage...This did not happen.

It turns out according to them that I had 50 dollars on my debit card account. Tried taking it out from an EU ATM, but it dint work... So I waited.

Some months ago I figured they were charging me over $50 per year for this stupid points program they have, which was not originally explained to me and wasn't in the documents I signed, so now that they have charged this $50 this year...My account should be well closed.

I have no idea however if this is the case,  since I haven't been receiving bank statements for a while in Europe and have not been able to access my on-line account with crappy Chase for over an year after one of their web-site, database breakdowns that happens ever so often.

Only thing I'm worried about now and cant seem to verify is if they have kept my account opened charging me more and more overdraft fees for an year and half now since I left the states/created by them charging me fees I did not agree to instead of me spending anything/ .I wouldn''t put it past them. If so..Will sue for froud!

-reply by Inso

Chase- what a joke bring back WaMu!Chase-good Example Of Bad Banking

Replying to JoshuaI made an ATM deposit April 7 and came to find out that the funds won't be available until April 15! This check is drawn from an account with Chase- it is just a matter of transfering funds. There is no information anywhere stating the holds on ATM check deposits. I'm bailing out my money and taking it else where. Sorry you had that issue and to think I came really close to doing the same thing. They took my overdraft account away that I had with Washington Mutual and wanted to give me another that they charge you $10 per transaction using the overdraft card that is separate from the ATM card. You have to know you might go over on the ATM, so you are suppose to use the overdraft card and get charged $10.00! I don't understand how this bank stays in business- oh by taking advantage of their customers.

-reply by jdavis

I am totally on yall side.I Have a bank account with chase, and it was the worst mistake EVER to not close it when my parents told me to. I had a job, then I got laid off and I don't internet shop, nor do i have anything wired or conected to my debit card. But for some reason my account got overdraft after not touching it in months and it pilled up to 112$. Either someone got ahold of my old debit card (which i cut up months back) or they have been charging me for no reason. I called them up and they said they would take it to claims and investigate. 2 days later i got a respons saying, "Sorry, we can't do anything about it, you will just have to pay the overdrawn." I Was so FRIKEN mad. I thought it would be harmless to have an account and not use it until I get a job. I Had some money in my savings, but that is gone too. It shows i dont even have a savings account anymore, which i never closed that. SO now my Boyfriend is tryna help me pay for all of this, bc if my parents know that I didn't close the account, all ima here is "I told ya so!". So yeah its my fault. Though I dont understand how my account got overdawn, and they fail to tell me dirctly. All they say is "Some insuffiscent transactions that I made, which i didnt.. /sighSCREW CHASE!they Can SHOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!I rather open an account at a small bank around my town then this piece of *BLEEP*.

I am tired of Chase. About to leave and close my account with them. I only have a Student Checking account. In the beginning, it was free, no service fee, nothing. All of a sudden, I'm being charged $6 a month. For what they all a service fee. What service? holding money? $6 per month times 12 is a lot per year. May as well not put any money in the bank. Definitely agree on the bad form of banking. I do have another banking account.. no monthly fee, nothing. Chase sucks.

Several months ago I started up an account with Chase, aka BankOne. All I wanted was a savings account but I let them talk me into getting both savings and checking since they said it came with overdraft protection which would send money from one account to another if needed. I questioned them on it and read the contract carefully to make sure I wasn't getting tricked. I signed up and they gave me an envelope on account info which I never got around to opening.
I ended up writing 3 checks. The first passed. The second didn't have enough money by a few dollars and they charged a $30 overdraft fee. Long story short, I ended up having a $6 negative balance in the checking account and though there was over $60 in the savings they wouldn't transfer any over to cover it and kept charging $5 a day for the checking. Apparently they don't have to tell you that overdraft doesn't cover fees, only original checks for sending money over. And the info wasn't in anything I signed or was told, it was in that rotten envelope I was given, which apparently is legal.

Because of that $6 negative amount in the checking (even though I had $60 in the savings and put in another $40 to the savings) it spiraled into a $300 debt that wiped out my savings and put me in debt. Then I had to pay off the debt, plus they refused to close the account for a few days until verifying it was closed, during which they continued to charge me $5 a day and a closing account fee.

Because of this, I probably won't even try banking for a while, and when I do, will stick only to savings accounts. In my time trying to submit an article to the Chicago Tribune on it I came across other articles by people angry at Chase as well.

My advice to you - Stay As Far Away As Possible From Chase/BankOne As You Can.

Also, be leery of anything offering you overdraft protection. It could be simple scam material.

OKAY LET START BY SAYING I HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH CHASE. I OPENED A PERSONAL ACCT 3 YEARS AGO ON-LINE WITH JUST $50... NO I.D. FOR MY TAX REFUND. AFTER ABOUT 2 MONTHS OF NOT RECEIVING MY ATM CARD PIN I NEARLY LOST MY HOUSE. I COULD NOT ACCESS MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE I HAD NO I.D. (WHICH I NEVER HAD TO BEGIN WITH) AND MY PIN NEVER CAME. I WENT IN WITH BIRTH CERTIFICATE, SOC SEC CARD, MEDICAL CARD, BILLS, RENTAL AGREEMENT AND MY OUTSTANDING RENT NOTICE OF EVICTION. NO1 WOULD HELP ME. I COULD NOT EVEN GET AN I.D. BECAUSE I NEEDED $26 FOR THAT. ALL THEY OFFERED WAS $20 OUT OF THE $3800 SITTING IN THE BANK SMH. ITS A DAM SHAME. IT WAS $6 SHORT OF WHAT I NEEDED.

I UNDERSTAND SECURITY MEASURES... HOWEVER IF I OPENED THE ACCOUNT WITHOUT PROOF OF WHO I WAS.... AND YOU ACCEPTED MY NEARLY $4000 WITHOUT PROOF OF WHO I WAS.... AAAAANNNNNDDDD IF I RECEIVED MY PIN I WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO USE THE ACCOUNT AND EVEN CREATE A BILL WITHOUT THEM EVER VERIFYING WHO I WAS.

ITS JUST NOT SMART. MY PIN NEVER CAME DUE TO A POST-OFFICE ISSUE I FOUND OUT.... BUT IT JUST MADE ME CURIOUS AS TO HOW MANY PEOPLE STEAL PEOPLES INFO AND JUST OPEN UP CHASE BANK ACCOUNTS IN THEIR NAME ON-LINE ALL ACROSS AMERICA?

I HAD NO CREDIT AND NO I.D.... BUT I HAD A BANK ACCOUNT AND THE GUY WITH $1500 IN HAND WAS REJECTED? SMH

AND NO I AM NOT YELLING :LOL