xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
benrain

PSP VS Adobe Photoshop

Which is better?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Photoshop has more "ability", it can do more things. I've experimented with photoshop for about a month and still can't do many amazing things. They can both do the basic things. I'd choose photoshop because it has more features and such, though.

It depends on what you need, but photoshop is the best for when you make everything from scratch.Paintshop Pro is more for editing and touchups on photos etc.But overall photoshop is better

oh really .. but i do think the other wayi think that i like psp better .. photoshop as the name suggested.. for photos ? <_<and i like psp is that it can remove the background very easily .. eg. from a grey one to transparent one . :)i always use psp for my graphic effects and designs and i found it useful .and the most important thing is .. psp's file size is much more smaller than photoshop . but a psp8 also takes up 160mb :Pthis is sad . i could still remember the old days when psp4 (? or 3 or older) installer is easily downloadable with a file size of less than 20mb. As the number gets larger . the file size also gets larger . :P

I choose you, GIMP!

[please excuse the cheesy Pokemon reference <_< ]

It's free.

It has community support.

It works on many platforms.

It's (pretty) stable.

It's free!

If you've ever seen cooltext.org you know that Gimp has a whole bunch of filters and preassembled tools. If you're a fan of the functional language Scheme, go for Gimp since that's the basis of it's Script-Fu filters. And if you like free things (and who doesn't), Gimp's your tool.

Granted, the community support isn't as great as that of Photoshop or PSP, but it's still there. Give it a try! You might be surprised...

Adobe photoshop is superior in features but psp has a good animation shop. I find that flash fireworks is useful as well but these programs are a bit harder to learn. So i would go with adobe photoshop.

Photoshop.I have used both. Firs I had PSP. I liked it very much, I had got used to it and so. Then i wanted to try photoshop. first i didn't understand anything there, but soon i understood everything in photoshop. it has more features than psp. and it's very easy and professional.

Photoshop, in my opinion is a lot more powerful, with so many more powerful features.But I like paint shop pro as well. I use Paint shop pro for making more simple images like web graphics, and photoshop for more complicated stuff, as It has a lot more features suited to making realistic, and brilliant graphics!

I definitely prefer Photoshop. It has more features, but is slightly more complicated to use. PSP is good to start out with and I started out using it a while back but switched to photoshop once I realised I required more advanced editing and creating features.

initially i learned graphic design using photoshop... and for i am now familiar with its tool, than i choose photoshop... but if we want to design something from scratch, i think would be resulting fabulous work if we combine photoshop and adobe illustrator...

I'd choose psp only because I'm used to it now.I've experimented a little with photoshop and paint pro but psp is where it's at for me.Obviously nobody mentioned Microsoft paint.You think Microsoft would signifigantly upgrade thedefault desktop application since theres so many better freeoptions such as gimp.