xisto Community
rlineker

Largest Triangular Number With Same Digits

Okay after glancing at the information on Wikipedia I see that it is a sequence thing. I understand all of the numbers but 1. One does not make a triangle. Its just a dot. That is just plain silly. If someone could explain to me why one is considered a triangular number I would love to know. Now as far as the prime thing goes I don't know how anyone got out of the very first post that they were assuming that 666 was prime. Not once was there mentioned prime numbers. The person was simply asserting in the first 100 triangular numbers 666 is the largest that is all the same digets. :)

I think an easy way to find triangular numbers would be to add each number and the next one, it's hard to explain, but triangular numbers are like this:1 + 2: 31 + 2 + 3: 61 + 2 + 3 + 4: 10And so on, sort of like the bowling pins. Get it? So you can just keep adding numbers bigger than the last and the sum will always be a triangular number. So you can pretty much go on forever, provided you have the time to do so.(Man, I'm such a genius, I just thought that up.)

Okay after glancing at the information on Wikipedia I see that it is a sequence thing. I understand all of the numbers but 1. One does not make a triangle. Its just a dot. That is just plain silly. If someone could explain to me why one is considered a triangular number I would love to know.
Now as far as the prime thing goes I don't know how anyone got out of the very first post that they were assuming that 666 was prime. Not once was there mentioned prime numbers. The person was simply asserting in the first 100 triangular numbers 666 is the largest that is all the same digets. :rolleyes:

the original post was edited to make other people look stupid :lol:
the original post did specifically say "prime #'s"