xisto Community
rldowling03

Good Rpg Game Besides Final Fantasy What are some other good RPG games besides Final Fantasy?

Hi all, Does any1 know of any good RPG games for PS2 besides Final Fantasy, because i've had a hard time finding other good RPG games because only ff is good. If you know any can you please PM me or just post here. Thanks. Rock on Final Fantasy.

Actually I'm getting totally addicted to online role playing now. That is, in forums and stuff. That is, of course, only if you like writing and have emagination enough to do it all without graphics. There's some really good ones out there that is extremely well established.Some of them, like Land of Mystics (search for it, I dont remember the site) requires you to be extremely good at writing, others are a bit easier.I don't have any site names though, since I only play in my own, danish ones, but they're pretty easy to find if you search for them (on portals especially)...But again, it's only if you want to write and have the patience to wait for others reply!

I enjoyed playing Dragonqeust VIII and the Kingdom Hearts Series a lot, but thats just my opinion.

There are many good RPGs besides final Fantasy. FF seems tog et all the attention but to take a look at a few.Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (PS1 & PSP) - Based on Norse mythology this is a groundbreaking PS game and now with a PSP port. Best RPG on the PSP to date even if it is a straight port.Valkrie Profile 2: Simeria (PS2) - Prequel to the PS1 game this too is based on Norse mytholigy and is a damn fine action touch, complex, and suprisingly action packed Japanese RPG.Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories (PS2) - Sequel to the underground hit Disgaea on PS2 this is another Strategy Role Playing Game by Nippon Ichi best suited for fans of other stuff like it, and it's chock-full of depth, lasting value, and surprisingly good humor.The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC & Xbox 360) - Quite possibly the single greatest western RPG to date Oblivion takes the Elder Scrolls series to a whole new level with over 200 hours of gameplay.That should do for now the top 3 where you can't go wrong at all. Will go into other dang good series later maybe.

I really enjoyed Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. The story is cool and the game is really addicting. If you like star wars, you'll love the different paths you can take in the game. The game allows you to choose your own destiny, whether you want to be good or dark, depending on decisions you make throughout the game. It's not very hard to get into, and you can play it for hours on end and not get bored. The more stuff you do in the game, the stronger you become. Eventually you get to make your own custom weapons, like a double bladed lightsaber. Maybe you'll like the game, maybe not. Just depends on what you're into as far as RPGs.

Well if you don't mind DnD based games (the dice throwing thing) and all their complexity at times then I would recomend some of the Bioware games particularly:Neverwinter Nights (PC) - Neverwinter Nights has a lot to offer virtually everyone, even if they aren't already into RPGs. Though that is if they can get past the dice system and its DnD roots. The dice are rolled all in the background so its not noticable but a lot of people will reject this perfectly awesome game before even trying it... If you want more check out the expansion packs & premium modules.Neverwinter Nights 2 (PC) - The recently released sequel to NWN shares all that DND had including a slightly more engaging story if you can overlook the technical issues and the lack of romance plots besides the main (male) one when you have so many companions (though for some that might be a good thing).Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (PC & Xbox) - A dang fine Star Wars RPG taking place in the era of the Old Republic. Kicks the karp outta the new SW Trilogy movies released at about the same time. Doesn't really tie much into it but story wise it is superior! Discreet DND implimentation)Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 (PC & Xbox) - Never got a chance to play it much but I hear its as good as the first if you are craving more. Give it a shot if you played the first one.

Valkyrie Profile 2 is the coolest game ever for PS2 (besides final fantasy of course)It takes you on a journey in with a princess of a place called dipan and its really addiciting.....have fun! I really love this game!

You should try Vagrant Story, its a little "rpg", with a little "hack and slash".Its made for the Ps1, but with the smoothing turned on it looks very good. It came out right before the Ps2, so I have a feeling they planned it that way.The story line is great, along with the character depth, and the monsters are some of the best I've seen.There's also a lot of customization you can do on weapons armor, etc, plus tons of magic spells, and hidden things.The action system is a lot like Parasite Eve, if you've ever played it before, so its really not like regular hack and slash.I really love this game I just wish they would make another like it.

See, I play all sorts, I play Deicide Online, GameSpy Arcade and many more, I recommend Deicide though because after waiting for about an hour for it to download and install:-the graphics are brilliant-you get mages, close and range classes-it has a general feel just like the FF series.Hope this has helped a bit...Adam @ Ripsaw

Replying to rldowling03 uh man FF is hard to match...However quite possibly one of the greatest games ive ever played was grandia 2...Older ps game so no voice overs or anything aside frm fight scenes but its fun...Lost for 360 aint bad...But man FF and grandia 2 were the onyl v games I like actually wanted to play rather then play outta boredom..Oh yeah chrono cross pwns too...You need the music and drama but not much

I would probably go for the Shadow Hearts series, theres something about being able to transform into demons that makes things very good.I also like the Shin Megami Tensei series, especially Digital Devil Saga 1+2.I'm also a fan of the Legacy of Kain series, there is something about playing a vampire that makes things a little more fun.Hope those help!