xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rldowling03

Final Fantasy 9 Renaming Characters Anyone know how to rename your charcters?

Does anyone know how to rename your characters in Final Fanatsy 9? I'm up to disc 2 start and i named my charcters and it's getting confusing a little bit, lol, and i want to know if i can rename them or if i should just start again (even though this is the 5th time i've played ff9 i should know this by now). Thanks. Rock on Final Fantasy

Unless you start from the beginning again, you are not able to rename your characters without a gameshark. With a gameshark, there are codes to use to rename your characters but like i said there is no way to rename your characters without one.

Actually i just found a way you can. Searced oter forums and you can rename your characters in FInal Fantasy 9 when your at Dagguerro, there is a man you can talk to and e will rename your characters if you show him a Nammingway card, now any1 know where to get a nammingway card from or do i have to just battle everyone till i find one?

On Disc 3 while in the Desert Palace there is a Namingway card behind a stack of books in Kuja's room.There is also another way that requires you to view an ATE and make the correct decision. I don't remember the exact one, other than it is in Treno, but I do know it's also only available on Disc 3.So...it's either go back a Disc, or continue forward a Disc. Your choice :blink:

@daefenris i think i know what you are talking about. is it in disc 3 when your at treno and you see te ATE of dagger getting mugged and you gotta press the button wen te exclamation mark comes up? i think thats wat your talking about, but i think i might just start again. I already finised the game like 5 times and just trying to get all charcters at level 99 for a change instead of 50, and to get info for my ff site. Well thanks guys for your help.

@daefenris i think i know what you are talking about. is it in disc 3 when your at treno and you see te ATE of dagger getting mugged and you gotta press the button wen te exclamation mark comes up? i think thats wat your talking about, but i think i might just start again. I already finised the game like 5 times and just trying to get all charcters at level 99 for a change instead of 50, and to get info for my ff site. Well thanks guys for your help.

That might be it. I only remember that it is after the card tournament, and it involves staying behind as Vivi. I'm sure there is an FAQ that you can find that will give very detailed instructions on this. I suppose if you are starting over tho there is no need to go reading that. :blink: