xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rldowling03

Final Fantasy 12 Are you looking forward to ff12?

Hi all, Final Fantasy 12 has been released in Japan already and has been very popular selling millions. Now i have seen some videos from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ about the new battle system in ff12 and i have to say it looks good but if it's like the one in the .hack rpg series on PS2 than i might change my mind because the battle system in .hack was, not awful but not good either i didn't like the idea of going around and tapping 'X' to attack but i think Square enix can make something that is bad like tat to me into something spectacular that i and others will love. Rock on Final Fantasy

no :lol: i dont play consoles ..

wtf? why not? they>>>> portable games anyway (some of the good ones ARE portable though)

Im looking forward to ff12, the games graphics look awesome! but it wont be like the rest of ff games for me, its is free roam :lol: lol square BETTER not mess this one up.

yeah i feel that square are gonna make ff12 crap (for me anyway) with the new battle system so i don';t know but if it is crap i will play it anyway. I personally like the turn based battle system used in final fantasy 10 and the active time battle in 9 but it might be good

I got it and I think its a piece of **** The gameplay was horrible it takes 10 seconds to attack!! I am normally a FF Fan but I just couldn't stand this one. DONT GET IT!!!! YOU'LL SAVE YOURSELF SOME CASH!!

All I can say is I am not a fan of video games. I buy them, and then I play them. If there is something about the games I dont like I wont give them a high rating just because its popular or everyone else finds enjoyment in the game themselves. Rate based on your own experience I always say. Final Fantasy XII is no exception to any other game I've givin a low or fair score based off its fun factor and difficulty level. FFXII isn't just difficult but its also boring, frustraiting, and takes a huge amount of hours to level up one d*mn character. You can't have all your members out unless you try to fight something thats extremelly hard to kill. The gambit system is also stupid and pointless even if you know what your doing. Combat is no fun at all since your just sitting there and watching the character attack on his or her own when a bar meter fills up there is noway in hell Sqaure Enix can convince me that thats real time strategy. Real time combat is suppose to be like Fable not in terms of still taking turns hitting eachother but your just able to move your character around rather than watching them sit there in one spot.Each town you visit is also the same, the only difference is people have different things to say. You do absublutly nothing in these towns except wander around from where you should be, buy the same items that can be found elsewhere. But thats not much of a problem. Want to know a real problem? The enemies, you can no longer attack flying enemies by melee (very anoyying!), Magic attacks miss all the time (lose a turn on powerful enemies and your gone), Characters often take less damage even when they are at higher levels with powerful dominating weapons. If your at level 70 there is noway you should be taking 35 damage points and then sometimes 7000 points (certain weapons are used differently).So basically I didn't enjoy FFXII at all. The plot doesnt even revolve around your f****ing main character for gods sake! Its about that stupid cry baby chick that keeps seeing visions of her dumb a** dead husband or fiance who obviously was to stupid and reckless to see that he was not invincible. Kind like how Nobunoga in Onimusha 1 laughed in the intro right in the middle of battle before the idiot was shot in the throat and killed (pay attention fool). There you have my honest review. FFXII is for people who can tolerate hours of boredom. I just cant do it anymore. I didnt mind slow leveling up and what not in old FF games. Plus without the guide your bound to miss a crap load of stuff! Not cool Square Enix not cool. You lousy Japanese people need to go back and learn how to design games like you did with your past games.

I got it and I think its a piece of **** The gameplay was horrible it takes 10 seconds to attack!! I am normally a FF Fan but I just couldn't stand this one. DONT GET IT!!!! YOU'LL SAVE YOURSELF SOME CASH!!

yeah. even so many people throughout the worlds said this is one of greates Final Fantasy ever made or so ever, but for me, from Final Fantasy VII to Final Fantasy XII, I guess the twelveth game is the big failure when they try to migrate to action-intended RPG.

face it, Square Enix (or should I say Squaresoft) is not a suitable developer for Action-gameplay games. The Bouncer, Final Fantasy: Dirge of Cerberus, and some more I forgot are not great game (despite the very cool graphics compared to others) but they are not good in developing the gameplay.

so, FFXII is a bridge for SquareEnix to implementing action-gameplay to their masterpiece genre, RPG. (yeah, Brave fencer Musashi and Kingdom Hearts are great games thought...) but in the end, they made the worst battle system ever (from FFVII to FFXII). The animation is poor (despite the summoned beings) and the magic attacks seems so poorly made (I can't see my fireball not like the previous Final Fantasy..) and the worst of all, I can't stand to wait for seconds just to attack while you can move around so freely...

well, when I saw Final FAntasy XIII trailers, I could be sure that FFXII is just a guinea pig or should be a bridge between Final Fantasy X (Individual Speed Turn Battle System) to a fully action-but-not-action-RPG like, just like the trailer shown me.

and so, this is the only modern Final Fantasy that I didn't finished... (I'm fortunate not to buy, but borrow from my friend...)

I can't say that I am looking forward :P I really love what the game is from what I've seen but in Bulgaria consoles are way too expensive to afford so when it comes out I will only be angry that I won't be able to try it :P However I am looking forward to making a computer port of ff 12 B) not that this will happen soon or it will happen at all but hope dies last you know :DWish you all guys who has console to play on fun playing it B)

I can't say that I am looking forward :P I really love what the game is from what I've seen but in Bulgaria consoles are way too expensive to afford so when it comes out I will only be angry that I won't be able to try it :P However I am looking forward to making a computer port of ff 12 B) not that this will happen soon or it will happen at all but hope dies last you know :DWish you all guys who has console to play on fun playing it B)

So, that's in Bulgaria huh? Here in my country we always had the latest videogames available (even I don't like piracy myself but I guess because of console game piracy I could play all my games though...). That's why most people know my country is a heaven for videogame players (but hell for videogame developers...)

I had a friend moved to America (California to be precise) several years ago, and he kinda envied me because I could play Dinasty Warrior 5 at the moment the game was released while at the same time he bought a legal copy of Dinasty Warrior 4 (wait until the game's price drop). So, for me to buy/not a game is not really a problem, not like people in America/Japan who must save up a set of time just to buy a videogame.

Hey as long as they keep continuity with the story and such I'm game. I'm just so tired of the new storylines and getting to know characters that are too like the other "heroes" it's gotten monotonous and a waste of time, at least if it keeps continuity we don't have to worry about that and we can actually see some human developement going on.

wow! I am a huge final fantasy fan, I love that game, Although i have very mixed feelings about 12 I have not gotten it yet, and have not even looked at it. I have read much about peoples likes and dislikes and thats what has me torn. I dont want one game out of the bunch to ruin it for me.. lol Like i said im a huge fan. I have most of the games not all of them anymore but most,I still have some of the early ones we play final fantasy 3 alot on sns My 5 yr old son loves that game it is his favorite. We are a game playing family..lol Probably me being the worst. I love rpg games. One of my all time favorites games is civilization, I have all of those also for pc. used to have one of the for ps but i like it on pc better.