xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
loyal

Muslims Not Allowed To Date having sex not married - discussion

So, I have a question!

So I take it that Muslims are not allowed to have sex if their not married? How come?

I'm not religious, but I strongly respect other peoples beliefs and I really want to learn more about the Muslim culture, because one of my friends is Muslim and he's the sweetest boy ever <3

But I don't want to feel like I am offending him by asking him questions all the time!

-reply by Kate The-Scientist

just like any culture there are rules to follow which are meant to preserve innocence for as long as possible. i know muslims arent allowed to date but truth is a lot of them do. maybe they dont have sex but in Uk many muslim girl arent virgins. I even once had a penpal from IRan and from Uzbekistan who were both muslim and though they were not allowed to date they did date and the one from iram is married to my friend whom I hooked her up with. The older generations are more strick but the newer or younger generations are more influenced by western culture and even though they deny it most of them have dated even if its just over the net. they know though how it feels to be in love and have a boyfriend.

I live in the Philippines, majority of the population are Roman Catholic and less than 10% are Muslims. Both religion teaches "sex after marriage." I grew up in Mindanao where the majority of Muslim population are located. Just like other religion, there are Islam followers who are really religious as there are non-religious souls. I've seen inter-faith marriage. They're human, after all. For the religious Muslims, there's what they call honor killing (of course, it's illegal). When a Muslim woman falls in love with a Christian man, if they have sex and the woman's family finds out, they'd better run 'cause the girl's family are gonna kill them. (Not as much today as before.)During college years, a couple (boy is christian, girl is muslim) fell in love. They've been together for a very long time but kept their relationship a secret. They may have been hunted by the girl's family and they decided to end it the romeo and juliet way, suicide. It's sad. But after that, their families decided to bury them in a christian cemetery, right beside each other. This has been happening for a long time. I can't say it's wrong because it's the culture/belief they've had and I barely understand what Islam is about. Lately, though, I've noticed leniency with such act. I guess the Muslim and Christian community in my country are evolving.

My friend, Life is not about choosing Science stream and creating WONDERS. Life teaches us much more than the unique topic of life itself. Now with this said, Muslims learn from religion just how we learn from our teachers. All religions are teachers. Its simple man, why take so seriously, when you hesitated to listening to your Own teacher when you were a kid.

Damn and you are happy with such a unnatural life? Whole live comes from sexuality, every thing (yeah, i believe in freudism). If you live in sexual abstynency you almost aren't living. Are you even allowed to think about women?

Well, I wouldn't say that. In Islam there is a concept about "the other life is eternal" and this one we live in is something like a prove and not eternal. I think that life depending all entirely on sexual behavioral is not mentally good and is related to bad health and disease. But this does not mean muslims can't make sex. Sure they can have sex(except anal isn't allowed) and can have to 4 wives( and this is pretty morally better than having a wife and several other relationships at the same time).

For example if a child wants to eat a biscuit which only you know is poisoned, and you can only stop the child from eating, then that is what you will do. The same is with God. God knows the biscuit can look delicious and tasty but in truth would kill me. I try to follow Islam. Not looking at girls for example was hard at the beginning, but gradually the way i thought about this whole issue made it alot easier.

Pretty good example, it explains everything.

LOL! good question, but no don't worry, Muslim men choose their own wives after they love them and get to know them very well (at least in my country that's how things go ) but there are some countries that have extremely strict rules and dress codes and traditions (like Saudi Arabia and most of the Gulf countries) well, in these countries I don't know how people get married but I don't think it happens normally and I would say that happens because over there people do not understand Islam quiet well, I honestly think they are somehow radical and extreme and they really need to look at Islam from a totally different perspective!

I believe that you don't understand Islam very well, you cannot say that a country like Saudi Arabia, which is the onliest place in the planet that partially uses Sheriat( the Islam law) has strict rules. It is not about rules that countries make dude, you're totally wrong. Its all about what Qur'an and Profet Muhammed says. It is not like how you make in your country or in others. So I would like to say that Sunni follow the right path. All others are deviations.

Hey muslim , you have choosen to be muslim , so you need to do what Islam want you to do !
And being a muslim , you certainly know what the prophet Mohamed (pbuh) said about marriage ?

Marriage is my tradition who so ever keeps away there from is not from amongst me

Marriage acts as an outlet for sexual needs and regulate it so one does not become a slave to his/ her desires.So , if you think that islam is not giving you a chance with your sexual needs , then you need to ask the Catholic priests and nuns , where in Islam there is not a similar thing , the prophet also said

there is no celibacy in Islam.

So bro , that's what Islam and God want you to do, if you can do it then you will have a lot of "hassanat" , if you don't then you will collect a lot of "sayiat" , and that's life !

Hey, i was just wondering if, maybe there are less strict 'versions' of the religion where one is allowed to date, etc, but of course not have sex? Oh and also, are Muslims teens allowed to drink?

hey let me tell u something, about islam, dating, and drinking. anything that will lead to a harm or anything that u do can harm u or someone else is forbbiden in islam. so drinking and sex can lead to disease which can harm u so as drinking, so that means that they are both haram(forbidden)

hey let me tell u something, about islam, dating, and drinking. anything that will lead to a harm or anything that u do can harm u or someone else is forbbiden in islam. so drinking and sex can lead to disease which can harm u so as drinking, so that means that they are both haram(forbidden)

I think youre an idiot. Sex does not always lead to diseases and is usually an outlet for two people to express their love for each other. And as for drinking, one beer or a glass of wine never killed anyone. I think it all goes back to being able to have things in moderation. I have complete respect for the Muslim religion and your values but dont steryotype actions.

Well me being a Roman Catholic says your not supposed to do that, but I mean I don't know what I'll do, but religion can't really control your life and stuff, its more of a personal decisision. I have studied muslim religion and stuff in World History I + Geography (Freshamn - High School). But can you explain the difference between a Sunni and a Shiite if you can, briefly thought, send me a PM if you don't want to post it here.

But how do you get married and stuff? Who chooses your wife? :lol:

A Shiite believes that Ali (a.s.) is the successor of Muhammed (p.b.u.h.). To get married... well I guess u could be rlly close friends or marry ur cousin.

UHMM..YEAH ABOUT MUSLIMS DATING....IM A MARRIED CHRISTIAN :( ,IM IN LOVE WITH A SUNNI MUSLIM :wub: ....I KNOW IM INSANE, :blink: ME HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH A SUNNI :wub: ..EVEN THOUGH HE KNEW THE RULES,SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE IS NOT ALLOWED :angry: .THE MOST DIFFICULT PART IS IM MARRIED :unsure: .WE ARE IN LOVE :wub: WITH EACH OTHER..HE KNOWS THAT HIS FAMILY WILL BE ANGRY IF THEY FIND OUT THAT HE IS IN LOVE WITH A MARRIED CHRISTIAN :angry: ...WE JUST PUT ASIDE OUR RELIGION DIFFERENCES ;) ,WHAT MATTERS MOST IS THAT WE'RE IN LOVE :wub: .....:HE SAID IF I WILL VISIT HIS PLACE I MUST WEAR A BUKRA :ph34r: SO THAT NOBODY CAN RECOGNIZE ME AS A CHRISTIAN AND SEXY :P ..... :D ,BUT HE DID NOT CONVINCE ME TO CONVERT TO MUSLIM :huh: ..AND HE ALSO DONT WANT TO CONVERT TO CHRISTIAN <_< ....WE'RE JUST IN LOVE. :wub: :wub: :wub: .....OH MY GOD....THIS IS CRAZY! :blink: :blink: