xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiron

Non Responsive Servers. Had been some time already.

This problem has been affecting me for long. On and off, the server which hosted my hosting account seemed unresponsive. I'm able to ping my own account though. Sometimes I'm able to load my site, and sometimes I unable to. I'm very sure it's not the content of the page that I'm loading because I've tried entering my cpanel, it cannot respond as well. Also, I've tried loading a simple small-sized JPG image to test its response, which sometimes fails as well.

Once or twice doesn't affect me much but this problem comes pretty frequent now.

Posted Image

It's still happening for the past few days. Currently its at it's worst. Even the root directory cannot be connected. I've asked some of my friends to try visiting my site and they gave the same response as me. Will someone look into this matter?

Notice from KuBi:
Merged double post. Remember, we have an edit button for a reason!

what is in your site, anyway? as it is, inspiron.trap17.com is just showing the default welcome page. other than the apparent absense of your own custom index page (or even a simple redirect page to your existing main page), i don't see any problem.

via google, i found your MYWEB main page however. i tried to load it (using dialup), and your site opened without any hitches and under a minute. check out your tagboard, i even added my message there. :lol: by the looks of it, it is not a Xisto-related problem at this point. your other pages from your menu links worked fine as well.

by the looks of it, you are aware on how to check network status of our servers. you even have it on your site, and in your forum signature. i would suggest to check your ISP connection first for "the connection has timed out" errors.

i got hosting on this account about six months ago..and to be honest , the hosting service is just going down.i have a rough idea that may be they are getting more members everyday thats why they are having more load on the server and the hosting is getting slower and slower.im not saying this without a reason.i made a forum on this hosting..i installed phpbb plus.and in the begining , sometimes when i opened the forum , it showed same page ..and after i refresh it opens site... but along with days it started to happen more and more often..and now every second time it shows that page and it opens on second or sometimes on third try..i have internet connection which speed is 10mbps so i think its not wise to blame my internet connection..my friends , who are using the forums (in pakistan) , they are always complaining that many times when they have written posts etc , and they submit it , it displays that page and their all writing goes off by refreshing.Its not anything to do with phpbb plus because it happens same with phpbb forums and my website (hosted here)..anyways , everything ,every question, every complain ends with a sentance "...its a free hosting."

what's the link to your forum, itssami? from the one linked in your pakdir website, forum.pakdir.com? i wonder why it redirects to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, a blogger site with domain hosted by yahoo. :lol: can you point us out to your phpbb plus forum for counterchecking? i happen to have a phpbb forum hosted with Xisto, and nothing appears out of the ordinary for me hosting-wise. but since you seem sure it's not a phpbb plus (a phpbb portal modification) issue, we need to rule it out by verification.

in any case, i made random check of your pakdir.com pages. although there are pages which does not seem to load like your history, food, and education subdomains which seems not to be configured properly on your end, business subdomain which has no content whatsoever, and your terms of service page which is not found in the servers --- all other pages which i clicked and is found at Xisto hosting space ARE loadable at least on my part. and i didn't need a 10mbps connection either (and i multitask). :lol:

added: i searched your old posts, and found your faisalabad.de site (which is now http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=pakdir&e=com). i suppose this is the one you're venting about above. lo and behold, it poses no problem for me on a dialup. however, you may want to check out their latest update, just in case it can resolve your problem -- (just imagine at the moment that there is no problem Xisto-wise :lol:).

Posted 04-08-2006 02:13:20 pm -- phpBB2 Plus 1.53 released !

With the Release of phpBB 2.0.20, "Golden Super Furry Linen" Edition we have decided to integrate these last changes and release the long awaited Final Version of phpBB2 Plus 1.53 which is a Major Update of the popular phpBB2 Plus Series.

There is too much changes since 1.52 to list them all in this announcement, Tons of Bugfixes, Improvements and new Functions were added since 1.52 was released. All changes are listed in the 1.53 changelog which is included in the Zip Package. Update Scripts for earlier phpBB2 and Plus-Versions are included in the Zip-Package, so you should be able to upgrade your current version to phpBB2 Plus 1.53. If you have problems or questions please post them in the Support Forums.

access it via proxy?if it works,then nothing was wrong with the server,(if your ip not been banned by Opaque :lol:).maybe your internet service provider banned this server?if there is a big site you holding i suggested you just swich to commercial webhost,so they can changed the IP for you.(not all host wanna do that frequently,but i'm sure Xisto - Web Hosting will change it,if you site server been banned.i'm ever talking it via MSN with Opaque.)check your lines.any problem just reply this topic.

Notice from KuBi:

Merged double post. Remember, we have an edit button for a reason!

That double wasn't make on accident. I made it to show that its a two seperated posts, with the main reason of the different timing and dates when they were posted. The point was to show that the problem still exist from the time when the first post was posted till the second post, and ongoing.

Right now, I've attempt to visit my root directory link again (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/), it showed the same message, same error.

Actually to be honest, my problem is pretty similar to itssami's. Simply, sometimes only, I hit the refresh button or pressing Ctrl + R to refresh the page, only then my site comes back. Otherwise the first hit to the link usually does not point to anywhere, hence prompting the same error message. Also I'd like to highlight that it works sometimes only. Yesterday was at it's worst. I've asked my friend to visit my site and he reported the same error as me. Many times we tried refreshing the page, and disappointed us eventually. For about 5 minutes, the link was virtually inaccessible.

what is in your site, anyway? as it is, inspiron.trap17.com is just showing the default welcome page. other than the apparent absense of your own custom index page (or even a simple redirect page to your existing main page), i don't see any problem.

I've placed my main web page in another sub directory. I did not modify the root directory html as I might want to add another page to my webhosting directory. It's easier for my to administrate my site easily.

via google, i found your MYWEB main page however. i tried to load it (using dialup), and your site opened without any hitches and under a minute. check out your tagboard, i even added my message there. :lol: by the looks of it, it is not a Xisto-related problem at this point. your other pages from your menu links worked fine as well.

The point is that its not related to the stuffs on my site. Reason because I could not even load the default html page in my root directory when the problem occurs. We all know that the default html page in the root directory is nothing but just text. Hence loading it will not cost more than 3 seconds on a dail-up connection, needless to say a broadband connection. I'm on a 1500kbps broadband connection by the way, and the default html page when I am just attempting to visit my root dictiory (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) did not load. Isn't that weird to say that the only text html page cannot load with a 1500kbps broadband connection? My friend's report existance doubles up this statement.

by the looks of it, you are aware on how to check network status of our servers. you even have it on your site, and in your forum signature. i would suggest to check your ISP connection first for "the connection has timed out" errors.

The reason that I've place that link, and made a dedicated userbar for it, is because I had this problem since that time when I've added them in my signature. Being a member for more than a year, and having 1000 posts, definately I know the rules. I'm not trying to criticise the hosting service, or whatsoever. I'm just trying to verify the problem.

Probably it's my ISP problem, I'd have to check that out. I'll be glad if Opaque could comment on this.

@serverph : My forums are at http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=pakdir&e=com , and i have added another domain http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ( simply forwarded that domain to forums , so nothing to do with that. )And yes, you are right , that , many of the pages are not loaded..of course that is my own fault.And as i mentioned , there is nothing to do with my connection , because it is having very good speed..10 Mbps.and when i download something , the downloading speed is usually more than 1mbps..so i think it should be okay.anyway , thanks for talking notice.

Hey itssami, I've tried to visit your site at Pakdir.com, the same error message showed up as mine. Your site is virtually inaccessible as well. Probably it's some overloading issue to the servers when it gets too many hosting accounts?

inspiron.trap17.com

Posted Image

http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=pakdir&e=com

Posted Image

i think i have the best dialup connection in the whole wide world! :lol:

yeah , thats what i was trying to explain ... sometimes if i doubt in my connection , i have said my friends to open my website but it doesnt show..and i have tried to open my website at diffrent computers by myself..and it remains same.this problem happens more often now.
anyway , what i can say.. :lol::lol:

Hey itssami, I've tried to visit your site at Pakdir.com, the same error message showed up as mine. Your site is virtually inaccessible as well. Probably it's some overloading issue to the servers when it gets too many hosting accounts?

So what is it then? ISP problem? Or is it that our ISPs doesn't have a good link to Xisto web hosting sites? By the way, when the problem occurs, Xisto.com, Xisto.com and all other Xisto main sites are still working. Only our webhosts are inaccessble. I've also noticed that during that time, some other webhost accounts on Xisto are still accessible, while ours, or at least mine, does not.

Although I'm unable to visit my own sites on the browser, I'm still able to ping my own host directory on command prompt. Hence I don't think it's the ISP problem.

I've just tried to visit rvalkass's webpage. And here's what I've got. I've refreshed it 3 times before taking this screenshot.

Posted Image

Edited by Inspiron (see edit history)