xisto Community
Jimmy

Really, Really Small Flying Eye In The Sky!

Did anyone hear about that flying reconnaiscense project that the american government was developing,I heard it was a little smaller than a blue *BLEEP* and had a camera, with 2 mile range.It can even fly through buildings! - does anyone know if this awesome spy gadget actually exists?

There are supposedly lots of governments and organisations that are developing very small flying devices, with cameras and microphones that could be used to track people and monitor certain buildings for security reasons. I remember seeing TV programs a few years ago, showing off mechanical dirds with video cameras inside them, but they were massive and cost many thousands of pounds. With current technology and materials it would be entirely possible to create something like this, and I have seen people attempt it, although there always seems to be a problem with balance.I am sure that governments are developing such devices, you can even buy kits to make them yourself, although they are not that sucessful. Obviously if a government did develop a working version of this, they would not be too quick in publicising it!

If such a device is being developed by the american government I don't think there would be one that is already on the market. I would love to have one for myself. However, I have not heard anything about this. I'm curious to know where you got this information.

i wouldnt doubt there egsistance due to the fact that the goverment is probably reading this site for suspisious people lol

I doubt it. There are too many websites for every single one to be monitored by the US government. Besides, what kind of intelligence would they expect to fin don a forum such as this? It's not like this is the International Spy Dating Network or something.

I would also like to know where you got this information.
It would be a bit scary to know that the government may possibly be watching us whenever they feel like it.

Prepare to be afraid. Civilians can download Google Earth and get a peek at pretty much every US citizen's home, use something like People Search to get someone's life story for around fifty bucks, etc., so imagine what a government agent, with much more technology and information at their disposal, could do. Satellite cameras are already powerful enough to detect and zoom in on a penny lying on the sidewalk - it wouldn't be too hard to keep a close eye on someone.

It would be a bit scary to know that the government may possibly be watching us whenever they feel like it.

The governments are always watching their people. They dont trust their people so they hide things from them, spy on them and lie to them, its what they do best. I wouldnt actually be suprised if this project has already been completed. The american government, like any other, is an expect in lying and hiding things so if they wanted to develop a top secret spy bird they could without anyone else knowing. But in this case someone does know and they have spread the word which means that the american government leaked information and if I was them I'd leak the information a year or two AFTER its been made and is working. Then the enemy get the idea and by that time I would already have made a spy fly!

I cant imagine that the spy bird (as I will now call it!) could be very good at close range video capture as it would be moving pretty fast so is unlikely to bew able to hover or slowdown to capture close range video. Although from a decent height it could fly over a military base and collect extremely usefull video on the contents without the enemy knowing. So I think the public are safe if it does exsist unless Bush likes the girl next door, in which case there could be trouble :angry: