xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheMessage

Longhorn Will Steal Our Freewill possible elimination of total control over your PC

Gates is planning a huge takeover soon the circle will be complete!Think about this!LONGHORN or VISTA will support a new technology known as TPM or Trusted Computing this will be on the hardware level. By having this chip installed in every computer, and i do mean every computer we as the users will no longer be able to decide what we can and can not do with our own computers, they will, the controllers. this list is very big and powerful and growing bigger as we speak some of the biggest powers to be are part of this group like, Intel, AMD, IBM, and of course Microsoft. understand this with this kind of power controlling the design and building of our computer hardware and software we will no longer be able to choose what we want to use on our computers. Linux has been gaining some major support in the last few years but with TPM this will all change also now that Intel has begun to install thier chips in apple this community will soon fall to the controllers too. Look at this! PC and Apple have been two seperate parts for many years not any more soon the head of the beast will choose it's body and it will protect it positon anyway it can. this is going to be a slow and hidden takeover but the wolfs are amoungst us right now and have been for many years. soon our freewill will be taken from us by the controllers through the means of computers. we will all fall slaves to the computer.If you don't believe me just type Trusted Computing in a search engine and follow the links.Antichrist? how about his technical army?Freewill! Freedom of speach! and Freedom! will all be controlled very soon!Spread the word stand up against Trusted Computing.Dell, Gateway, HP and many others have allready infected us with these chips they started shipping computers with these chips install as early as 01/01/2005.Is the chip in your computer?Don't ignor the signs! Somethings comming! :angry:

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title modified.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I read a little about that in an article from Richard Stallman. I don't remember much about it though. However, if those chips prevent us from using Linux, then there would be no way that I would ever use it. We should have control over our own computers, not the companies involved. It's stupid that they're trying to take that much control of our computers. We should have the choice of both the hardware and operating system that we want to use.

That's retarded... Company's are becoming control freaks. We should be able to do ANYTHING with what we buy. It's our money, we buy this product and own it. We should be able to do whatever we want with it. Company's should not have the right to restrict this. This topic reminds me of mod chips with microsoft's xbox's. I believe the same apply's, we should be able to change the system to however we want. But if you do, your warranty get's voided and you can't play on live.If this does actually happen, and comes to a point where all computers have these restricting chips in them... I am 100% sure that there will be an uproar. People will find ways around the chips, either ways to remove them or glitches/hacks to allow someone to install linux or whatever.The one question that I can think of though, whats going to happen with web servers and just servers in general? Most servers out there right now are either running linux or unix. It will be a big set-back for those people. They would have to run windows or mac os. Also, cpanel would then have to be ported to run on windows and mac. I hate what they are trying to do and I hope it doesn't succeed.... maybe someone will be able to win a court case against them!?!?I just hope they arn't successful, it will be a pain to have to go around the chip if this is all correct.

That's retarded... Company's are becoming control freaks. We should be able to do ANYTHING with what we buy. It's our money, we buy this product and own it. We should be able to do whatever we want with it. Company's should not have the right to restrict this. This topic reminds me of mod chips with microsoft's xbox's. I believe the same apply's, we should be able to change the system to however we want. But if you do, your warranty get's voided and you can't play on live.
If this does actually happen, and comes to a point where all computers have these restricting chips in them... I am 100% sure that there will be an uproar. People will find ways around the chips, either ways to remove them or glitches/hacks to allow someone to install linux or whatever.

The one question that I can think of though, whats going to happen with web servers and just servers in general? Most servers out there right now are either running linux or unix. It will be a big set-back for those people. They would have to run windows or mac os. Also, cpanel would then have to be ported to run on windows and mac. I hate what they are trying to do and I hope it doesn't succeed.... maybe someone will be able to win a court case against them!?!?

I just hope they arn't successful, it will be a pain to have to go around the chip if this is all correct.

Sorry, but this is happening right now!

Longhorn will the first operating system to control the TPM chips!
I beleive MS was the reason behind this TPM chip.
It is in over one million computers allready from PDAs to Cell Phones to Desk and Laptops.
It's like a zero day virus, the chip is just waiting to be activated!
Unless a lot of us protest against Trusted Computing they will just shove it down our throat!
MS has always been pissed off over Linux acceptence and now it will do anything to smash it or control it!

I agree, yes, we might be able to remove or bypass the TPM chip, but what about when Intel, AMD and IBM start building it directly into their CPUs!

This has to be stopped and i mean right now we can't until vista comes out and starts it controlling plan!
But what can we really do? I know there are a lot of people against Trusted Computing but so far this is a reality the chips are in our computers!

I don't even know what this chip looks like! I can't find any information about it's structure!
I tried to email someone a while ago about it, I had a few replys then they stopped replying then I found out their email address was deleted!

Look at the big picture, MS does not care how long it will take for thier plain they just know eventuly it will be complete!

Check this link out! theirs some good info here! just read between the lines!

http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/57261/index.html

I just read that article. Talk about weird. I didn't know Microsoft tried that many different tactics towards Linux. I also found it strange how they didn't find Linux to be a threat to them until later in its history. However, I still don't think that Microsoft will be successful with this. I didn't think that Microsoft would stoop to those levels though (I guess that gives me more a reason to stick with Linux). Anyway, thanks for that link.

This definately not a very good way to lessen or prevent pirates from pirating genuine software. Instead, it's rather a dominance of market and control over what we own, that belongs to us. In terms of software, we own a license to use a geniune Microsoft software but we don't own them. However for hardware, we own them directly. Hence we can dismentle, modify or even destroy a hardware that we own. Having this new system that comes built into Vista systems, the hardware that comes with it will no longer owning them in logical thinking. Everything somehow comes to belong to the creator of the chip in the system, which controls every single element in the computer system. In future, it will render alot of difficulty in upgrading hardware. On the other hand, hardware manufacturers who do not manufacture the chips will also have alot of difficulty as incompatibility issues comes directly. I suppose the chip recognise serial numbers in every hardware. As serial numbers are unique, changing a hardware will seem impossible.Another alternative, which I would most probably be doing, is to stay put in Windows XP, never to further upgrade. Or else, attempt an Apple or a Penguin.

This definately not a very good way to lessen or prevent pirates from pirating genuine software. Instead, it's rather a dominance of market and control over what we own, that belongs to us. In terms of software, we own a license to use a geniune Microsoft software but we don't own them. However for hardware, we own them directly. Hence we can dismentle, modify or even destroy a hardware that we own. Having this new system that comes built into Vista systems, the hardware that comes with it will no longer owning them in logical thinking. Everything somehow comes to belong to the creator of the chip in the system, which controls every single element in the computer system. In future, it will render alot of difficulty in upgrading hardware. On the other hand, hardware manufacturers who do not manufacture the chips will also have alot of difficulty as incompatibility issues comes directly. I suppose the chip recognise serial numbers in every hardware. As serial numbers are unique, changing a hardware will seem impossible.
Another alternative, which I would most probably be doing, is to stay put in Windows XP, never to further upgrade. Or else, attempt an Apple or a Penguin.

I agree, but what if the mighty MS has a way of not allowing other operating systems (even XP) access to any files or documents or even connection to vista in the future? remember vista will encrypt the hard drive entirely and not allow any other OS to read, modifiy or write to it! The TPM chip will only allow new hardware to be installed if it has the correct keys or serial number. Maybe you will need to contact MS and ask them if you can install that new hard drive MS just might say No! or even that video card, maybe that memory stick, most likely any piece of hardware you want.

I read that MS considers that the operating system must be married to the Motherboard.

So if you want to run Linux you will need to buy another Motherboard.

Trusted Computing must be stopped!

Hell no!!! this little corprate take over has to stop if I have to when the time comes I find out how to crack that little system, I don't feel like paying $1000 for software that's that expensive.

Heres the article that I found about this Trsuted Company

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html

But yeah this tpm has been going for awhile but not in full force. Now think about this imagine what you have to do with all the servers that are connected to the internet, that means they all have to covert over or you may in fact cripple the whole internet with this. I only see this this system working for governmental use or major hardware or software companies.

Bill gates needs to get a life, hes doing this to screw the government over for breaking up is company a while back. plus every who nows about computers and hackers will no doubt be trying to either help them from the inside (if possible) or cracking the hardware and posting it.

That stupid company is already installing all kinds of spyware into their systems. Have you installed the so-called windows genuine advantage thing? It comes with a WGAtray thing which connects to the internet without your approval (so, you must have a decent firewall to block all these silly programs in you operating system) and check whether you are using a legal copy of the program. This is absolutely disgusting. Although I am using a legal copy, I don?t feel they have the rights to check my system that way. The funny thing is, no one seems to have the urge to condemn the company or challenge it by legal action. That?s why the company is getting blatant in its effort to impinge upon our privacy.

This kind of reminds me of the evolution pearl jam video, where all the people working in computers where enslaved by their systems. I think that this will have a major impact on the electronics worlds, and I think that its beign kept so much as a secret to keep pirates away from trying to discover a way to hack this sort of thing. Though I think that nothing is impossible, I really think that this will be something difficult for them to acheive. This is really bad because I was just wanting to get my feet wet on linux, and what for? if in a future I wont be able to?

If Vista does what its said to do than I'm surely not going to switch to those computers possibly the ones being built in the future. Cause I want free will of what i can do on my computer. I think this is where computer industry will go down because people won't buy Vista installed computers. I just don' tliek the idea of it not yet even wanting to implement them.

I knew that something like this would happen eventually. I think its dumb that people want to control every part of our lives it is just not right. I was not going to buy Longhorn anyways because they have so many versions and I am sure the good version is going to be very expensive. I think that we have a right to be able to do what we want with our computers as long as it is not illegal. If I want to use open source software I will. Billy can't tell me what I install on my computer if its lawful. My guess is that this is actually some myth people are spreading around to freak us all out. Being able to control everything we do on our compters should be against some government privacy law and should not be legal anyway. I hope it is a myth but if its not well that stinks.

Edited by wariorpk (see edit history)

Then I'll not get a Vista system. In future, I just hope this TC thing don't get in the way of Apple computing because for the next computer, I'd most likely to hop into Apple as it's not very far behind still. I'd most like use Windows XP as well, and stop all Windows updates. As what I've though of a few years ago, Windows Updates are just nightmares. They update your OS with crap stuffs which you won't know what is it and there goes your privacy. Your freewill and privacy is exchanged for their anti-piracy. So all in all, owners of computers are the ultimate losers while manufacturers wait for money to flow into their accounts like water.

wow. that is crazy.. did mircosoft announce about the new chip yet? or is it still a rumor... this is outrageous. They should never do that.. or else it will kill the entertainment industry.... everything will drop.. .Well.. if this ever happen.. i will continue on using window xp =P and not connect to the internet.. so my computer will stay 100% clean.. HAHAHAHh

I have a Dell v50 and found out that the TPM chip is in it!

How do you find out? I though all along this stuffs are hidden from the computer owners, which is us. I've found out my computer is installed with Windows Genuine Advantage too, which I've never install manually. That's probably the first step that Microsoft wants to control our Windows XP computers.

Here's a similar thread to refer to
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/35425-longhorn-will-steal-our-freewill-possible-elimination-of-total-control-over-your-pc/