xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Blacklaser

Pdfcreator - Tool To Create Pdf Files For Free Free little tool to create pdfs

For all those who can't afford Acrobat, I found this little tool which can create PDF files from almost any format. PDFCreator installs as a printer and thus can easily produce PDFs from any Office Software. Best of all it's free and easy to use but still allows advanced configuration.

Overall this is a really great tool and it works for almost everything you need. All thumbs up for this.

Notice from mayank:
Edited topic title

I have to disagree with you, ankitunlimited. I have used loads of these different pieces of freeware to allow you to create PDF files, and most of them work incredibly well, if you follow the setup instructions correctly. Some require you to set specific page borders and such in the actual document, otherwise it won't print well. They don't normally offer such a wide range of features, but password protection and editing prevention are normally included. If you need to turn newletters and other documents into PDFs to put on the web then download it, but don't expect anything spectacular.

i have used the pdfcreator, and it s***** , it never gets the layout right , its good only if you want to convert plain text, it will mess up table ridden and graphics ridden documents.

I have only used the newest version and I didn't have any problems with it. All the documents I converted used tables, unusal margins and one even had flipped text. The output was flawless. Maybe I haven't come across the problems yet, but so far there have been none.

for make pdf user this software : Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Pro Fulli user itwhit this software you can manage , design , convert , import , export pdfs and you can export MSWord file to pdf and ...i like it its easy to userfor export MSWord 2 pdf when you opening MSWord at top right of program you can see 3 buttom to convert . and you can design pdf in Acrobat Distiller 7.0 software and Adobe Designer 7.0 its easy if you had adobe photoshop you can save your files as pdf files if your file is text you can type in photoshop and save .its good :angry:

for make pdf user this software : Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Pro Fulli user it
whit this software you can manage , design , convert , import , export pdfs and you can export MSWord file to pdf and ...
i like it
its easy to user
for export MSWord 2 pdf when you opening MSWord at top right of program you can see 3 buttom to convert .
and you can design pdf in Acrobat Distiller 7.0 software and Adobe Designer 7.0 its easy
if you had adobe photoshop you can save your files as pdf files
if your file is text you can type in photoshop and save .
its good :angry:

It also costs 500$ and unless your excrements consist of quarters you can't just pull 500$ out of your pocket.
Edited by Blacklaser (see edit history)

I'm not so sure they will let you pay in quarters unless they are rolled.I have been using Cutepdf for a couple years now and never have had any difficulties with it whatsoever. It also acts as a "printer" on your system and as you "print" stuff to that output device, it captures it and creates a pdf formatted file. Then you can email it to others, save it to your harddrive, whatever. Awesome software.Freeware, too.

the tool i suggest to all is PDFFactory. This software is one of the best ones i have ever used. it installs a virtual Printer on your Pc which converts any document to PDF format. So it can be used in any program that prints its project's contents. it means tou can even convert your photoshop graphic project into a PDF file. i ahve been using it for two years and i still love it.you can search google to find it official website.

I don't really tend to create pdf's as I find Acrobat Reader rather slow, although if I ever have to create a document in the pdf file, I've discovered, quite recently, that Open Office (The freeware office package) contains a feature allowing you to export any document to the PDF filetype.I've only used it a couple of times, but both times, the PDF file came out without a problem.

Well, it is true that Open Office lets you export the documents in the pdf filetype but the problem with that is it doesnt give you the control over the PDF much. I doesnt let splitting of documents and nor it lets you sign the document and these functions are supported by the other softwares which have been talked about.as far as pdfcreator is concerned it seems to be a promising software and so as cutepdf. I've not tried any of those and most likely I'll try them soon.

sportytalk, with pdf creator you can build pdf files out of any programs, as long as that program is able to print a file.

Pdf creator uses print commands to create pdf files, it's quite ingenious in fact, for example, you can build pdf files from:

Word documents

excel documents

powerpoint documents

publisher documents

and every program that is able to print files

You just need to open a word document, then click print, set up the pdf creator as the main printer and then click ok.

Of course, before you can print/build pdf documents out of any program, first you must install pdf creator with postscript and a drive i can't remember the name, but don't worry, it comes with the pdf creator package, check it out in the https://sourceforge.net/ website.

So, after you install all the package needed to create pdf files out of any program, open the pdf creator program to configure things, for instance, you can set up a password if you want to add some security to your pdf documents, you can set up other very usefull things too, it's very easy.

Of course, openoffice can create pdf documents out of doc documents, i also use it sometimes, but with pdf creator, you can build pdf files out of any program, just by clicking in the print button or command!