xisto Community
jacob

The Best Browser In Your Opinion for WIN32/64 systems

what internet browser do you consider as the best one  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have explorer and Firefox. I have lately gotten used to use firefox more than explorer because I like the skin I put on it, plus I can control I tunes from it, and some cool web designer tools. So even though both icons are next to each other I always click on Firefox because Im used to it. This happened since explorer messed up like a couple of months ago on my other pc, Thats when I dared to get firefox, and Im glad I did.

Didn't we already have this topic a few million times? Looks like this is the mother-topic though... don't know how many other threads go back to 2004 here.For the record, Firefox because of Scrapbook, Flash/Adblock and because of open-sourceness. As a mian browser, it's awesome (though with the amount of stuff i've loaded it down with, it's a tad sluggish and the HTML Tidy plugin crashes it sometimes). Opera is my secondary browser, which i'd probably use as a main browser if it had adblock and scrapbook, just because it 'run like fast jaguar' 'n all that. Safari is also very l33tful.As for internet explorer, one of my first acts upon reciept of this here iMac was to drag it into the trashbin of oblivion - and do a secure delete. I rest easier knowing that IE was overwritten three times - first with 0x00s, then with 0xFFs, then with random hex numbers. Ah, how I love OSX's unix roots.(it should be noted that IE5 mac is actually streets ahead of IE6/win. It's an entirely different codebase.)

Ive found most people agree that Firefox is THE browser. Im a big fiery foxy fan too, its my main browser, and i try to stick it up into every body elses mmm pc hehe. But the fact is that this is an uncivilized world, so i always have the hated ie at hand, and for counting in those who like to perform nice web surfing, i also have opera, mozilla and netscape under my belt, and after reading this forum (actually after reinstalling my OS) im trying out Maxthon and Avant browser, and ill keep checking out for other browsers in order to keep up always with what people use, so my webs are always avaible in everyone.

Internet Explorer is the best. But, also it's challenge for all those people who do like to (ab)use its security holes.I used Netscape Navigator during 1999-2001 mostly. Then I change it to Internet Explorer. I had Opera fe months at my old Laptop. Last year I installed Firefox to one of my desktops. It looks really fine.If I want to emphasize something. When I go (better to say, if I have to) to those risky websites, where possibility is the site is full of installed trojans, worms, I am using "independent", small browser, with less capabilities of browsing, but with less capabilities of getting problems.

Does MyIE developed by MS?

In my opnion, MyIE use IE's kernel, but shell is developed by others.

1235[/snapback]

Microsoft did not develop MyIE! MyIE is a privately operated browser platform which is now called Maxthon. It features tabbed browsers, and can hide instantly by pressing a custom keyboard shortcut. However, it's not exactly efficient.

I use Mozilla version 1.7.12, which is apparently their newest non-beta browser version. I'm wondering, though. Why do their version numbers decrease as more products are developed?I also use Internet Explorer when there are websites that just can't be rendered properly in Mozilla. I sometimes use IE for previewing of authored web pages. However, I dislike IE because ads can't be blocked.I used to use Netscape, but then I found out that the default installer installed a lot of proprietary and commercial stuff, so I reverted to the browser that Netscape 6-7 were based on. (You know, Netscape 8.0 uses the rendering engine of Firefox!)-Frederick Ding