xisto Community
jacob

The Best Browser In Your Opinion for WIN32/64 systems

what internet browser do you consider as the best one  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like Mozilla FireFox... I'm currently using FireFox 2.0... Its good.The FireFTP extension is very good for FTP...Especially, the restoring the lost session is very useful...

I still use my IE, because it has most of the plugins already installed and i dont like wasting my time downloading new ones. But i do feel like a change, but i dont really know which one i should go to next tho

Firefox for me too ^_^
One browser at least holding to the w3 standards.

I still use my IE, because it has most of the plugins already installed and i dont like wasting my time downloading new ones. But i do feel like a change, but i dont really know which one i should go to next tho

That's no good reason for not using Firefox. If you need extensions (=add-ons or plug-ins) you don't have currently installed, Ff will automatically tell you which one it is (if not an exotic one) and ask you if HE should download it. It is downloaded in a few seconds most of the time (downloading is way faster than in IE) and he installs it himself (after you confirmed the installation). A restart of Ff is required but unlike IE, firefox remembers the sites you have opened (even the sessions used) and restores them after restart.
Then if you take some time to scroll through the extensionslist, you'll find loads of very handy things (for almost anybody there'll be something he/she can use.
And last but not least, Ff has some fancy skins you can apply. Not that old-fashioned windowslook skin of IE. You can even create skins yourself!

So go Firefox! :lol: Do not doubt.
Edited by sachavdk (see edit history)

Firefox is the safest and most secure browser on the market. It is also the most customizable. Firefox runs at noticeably faster speed than IE. If you want to use a browser that you control, rather than it controlling you, use Firefox.

By far, and when mean by far i really mean it, by far the best browser that is currently on the market today has to be safari, sorry to all you windows fanatics that cannot get Safari for your computer at home. Safari is the easiest and the best, there are no gimmicks and it is by far rhe fastses browser out there. Even though I know of many people who woulddisagree and say thatfirefox is the best because of all the add ons and stuff really it is not. With firefox when you would like to veiw forums most of the time it will screw up the view and makt and make it very very hard for you to see the topics and stuff, happened to me very often and I couldn't stand it, that's why I made the switch. Also, many people would say that firefox rules becuse when you type stuff on your browser like in a forum like trap's when your typing it will underlin any words that are incorrect, but I found out that on Safari it does that same thing, so there is no need for the firefox one. Also, Internet explorer is definelty not the best at all, it actually could be the worst on my lift because of how vunerable it is to viruses and such that it is so not worth it to get. Even thought they came out with a new one, a version seven of it, it still just copied off of safari and firefox with the tab browsing and alos there is not any custimaization that i can find in so much other browser's. Also, the browser on apple computer's is just terrible, that I cannot stand to even look at it, neverless try and browse with it. And then there is Opera. IT was one of the worse because of a couple of years ago they would put ads on your browser unless you payed money for it, but then, i am pretty sure t was last year, they decided to take all ads off and make it completely free for life. That was what made me download it. I sort of liked it because there were tabed browsing and also there was a lot of custimization, but then it kind of go annoying, and I stopped using in at all. Now instead, opera, they now only charge if you would like to use their accelerator, which I find no use in trying to ger. But any, opera was fast, and i kind of enjoyed it, but really when I compared it to safari it was really no maatch all. So really Safari is the best,but firefox and opera are good as wel.. But interent explore, all versions of this software, is one of the worsts, if not the wosrt out there, and i advise people to say away from it until windows comes up with something better, which they will because of course they are windows the biggest company ever!

ok, here is something that i expirenced that are bad...Internet explorer- is VERY slow, Gets ALOT of pop-ups, Copied off of firefox tabs, gets annoying alot when you arent even on the internet.Firefox - nothing reallyOpera - Never tried, so i know notingSafari - Slow!Avant and crazy browser - Never Tried, so i know nothing of this either.Others (Browsar) - Cant keep track of history (middle)So i would think firefox is the best web browser for me. i will name good things for firefox now =Pfirefox - Fast, Less % change of getting virus, Tabs, Extensions (fireftp), and themes (black japan one, cant really name).now you know why i looove firefox now =D

ie is best with handling css, firefox is best with surfing.. maybe a good morph between these two would give "perfect" browser..w3 standards don't have any aspect in those browsers it's pure logic which makes IE better with handling CSS that FFox... Although it can behave stupid sometimes too (left-margin).. But neither of them are great, and i don't give either credit of beeing the best. They both s****!

i use Mozilla Firefox. it has its own pop-up blocked =Dthe extensions rocks (including fireftp)The themes rock even moreeverything in firefox is cooli use internet explorer if only firefox acts up because ofstepmania when i finish playing it.

I'm sorry, but I have to strongly disagree about IE being the top choice for CSS. It butchers it left and right! However, very few things won't work in ff, plus it is customizable and fast. As for incorrectly viewing forums, thats all settings that can be changed. After a little bit of set-up, I've never had a single problem with formatting and alignment ever.

I'm sorry, but I have to strongly disagree about IE being the top choice for CSS. It butchers it left and right!

I second that, IE rapes CSS not only butcher it.. ;)

Here's a live proof I found earlier.. Clicky

Scroll down and see the table of tests.. ;)
Edited by YSR (see edit history)