xisto Community
jacob

The Best Browser In Your Opinion for WIN32/64 systems

what internet browser do you consider as the best one  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Didn't we already have this topic a few million times? Looks like this is the mother-topic though... don't know how many other threads go back to 2004 here.

Wow, you're right. I hope I haven't replied in this thread, didn't check all thirty six pages :huh:

I oscillate between Opera and Firefox (versions 8.5 and 1.7.3, respectively). It's hard to choose between the two as far as I'm concerned (and IE is out of question because I'm on Fedora. I just go use Opera with "identify as Internet Explorer" checked :( ). My earlier installation of Linux somehow never managed to run Opera properly, and it hung up at regular intervals when Opera was running. That got me negatively prejudiced against opera, although I re-downloaded it when I saw the latest was up for free... and on my new system, it works very well indeed. I would love an ad blocker, though!

On windows, I use Avant/Amaya/Firefox/Opera. I can't use IE too often because I'm literally addicted to tabbed browsing :D

Cheerio :P

i use IE6 and FF for my own use, but when it comes to proofing a website, i use Safari, IE5+6 and FF.I am interested in getting Opera also. Just so i can see how it renders things differerntly. Any chances of getting a free one?. . . . i knew there was a an offer a while ago . . .but not sure now. .

im using both firefox and internet explorer ... both are good but personally i prefer firefox .... firefox is not that stable ... sometimes when your computer is on for too long ... and the virtual memory is low your firefox and go very unstable ... always not responding when you try to load a new page .... sometimes it can eat as much as 200k ... i thinnk it's going through a loop ... internet explorer normally takes up to 20k ...

Although I mostly use Firefox (and sometimes use IE), I'm trying out several more alternatives, though: Maxthon, Opera (the new free version without ads). Even the new Netscape browser looks really good.So..in your opinion, which of the above mentioned browsers - aside from IE and FF - impressed you the most after going through a solid test (stability, loading speed, security, etc.)?

i think opera have changed it's opera to free,and they woudn't add the ads on to their browser again.and i think IE is the best browser but you know Opera is fast but it need do more to complete the java support.and the webstyle is not the same on iE and opera.mozilla is another choice,but it's the last change.

I'am currently use Internet Explorer 6.0 and opera, use ie coz it provide more effect. opera is it's speed and tabbed-based mode and it download manager is stable and directly download files, and will try firefox later.

I use IE 6, enhanced from Win XP SP2. I want to see what other people use for browsers, and maybe start a discussion. This place needs more activity... :)

23[/snapback]

i use this aswell, though i kinda felt forced to use it as some ebsites require IE... if they didnt, i would have most likely been using another browser though imo.

I use IE6 and nothing else. I used to have firefox mozilla istalled in my computer just to see how my site looks like in other browsers. But since most users use IE6 anyway, I uninstalled it so I can free my pc more space.

I use Firefox since IE gives me viruses/spyware/adware and I haven't tried any other browser yet. Well, I did try a browser called Maxthon before, but I didn't like how it looked, so I stopped using it.

Go Opera, it is the best and the fastest. I personally find it more modern, it's faster and it does the job better than other for it has all the security addons and it's free. Don't waste time go for it, it's always worth trying.

What? No FireFox fans here? I use Firefox. Firefox is unquestionable the best browser. Its faster than Opera (believe it) and superb rendering. Its more secure and is frequently updated by Mozilla. due to its Open Source nature several addons in the form of extensions are available for FireFox which makes browsing all the more a better experience. I like Opera too, its fast and sleek and its much more than just a browser. It has even its own email clent packed with it and now they're gonna include BitTorrent support for their download manager too. The interface is skinnable and oh BTW Opera is Free now!!! I like the Notes feature of Opera and all those tiny lil features and did I mention about the inbuilt IRC chat clent?! Well, its a lot like Mozilla Suite on steroids! There's one problem with Opera, their rendering engine doesn't seldom renders pages incorrectly. That;s mainly because most of the pages are desogned to be viewed on IE but FF seems to tackle all that very well. The trends are changing and more ppl are switching towards FF. But taking just the browser component I'd vote for FireFox. I don't even want to think about IE. I hate it!