xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Reaper

New Video Cards

the new video cards are crazy, they work like a charm if you don't mind paying more for them than the rest of your setup. these new cards have more power than some of the pc we used a few back and it is all in a much smaller space. It is really cool the speed at which technology is moving at the moment the only thing is don't try and keep up there is just no way !! But those new video cards are just awesome !

Sorry, but what new video cards are you talking about!?? :angry: You need to be more specific, or else how do you expect us to reply or comment this! :angry: Or else its some kind of a big notice that anyone should know of some revolutionary video cards and I still didn't heard about it, i don't know!!!Please be more specific, thanks.

It's a general topic of saying new video cards getting awesome. It's obviously true as time goes by, everything becomes better. Not only it works for video cards, it works for everything else, more than just a computer. We will not be surprise that in future, video cards are capable of rendering 3D images in hologram form. Meaning, it can draw images in the air without a surface. It's just like the Star Trek movie, where the screen in projected in mid-air. Who know's if it advances to accept inputs by just touching the air.It's too a general topic.

Its called the Moore's Law. Here is a quote from Wikipedia

Moore's law is about the empirical observation, that at our rate of technological development, the complexity of an integrated circuit, with respect to minimum component cost, will double in about 18 months.

Basically what is says is the power of computer will double every 18 months. So far this law has not been wrong.

As for the new video cards, you'll have to have alot of money just to get yourself a top notch video card. Its probably the most expenive part of your PC setup. So if you feel like paying $700+ for a video card that is soon going to be outdated, just wait another couple of months and get one twice as fast for the same price :angry:

That's what is bad about the new things: you get a cool $700 video card and in some months it's obsolete and it's costing about $100, I personally buy videocards of $200-250, I'm not going to waste my money now if I can get it 75% less tomorrow. But, hey, these new videocards are amazing, they features are great, their clock speed, but again I don't think they're worth the price, or at least you're running a website that it's about game reviews...

It's a general topic of saying new video cards getting awesome. It's obviously true as time goes by, everything becomes better. Not only it works for video cards, it works for everything else, more than just a computer. We will not be surprise that in future, video cards are capable of rendering 3D images in hologram form. Meaning, it can draw images in the air without a surface. It's just like the Star Trek movie, where the screen in projected in mid-air. Who know's if it advances to accept inputs by just touching the air.
It's too a general topic.

i remember reading something about this technology a few years back, so they've probably advanced a lot further by now. anyway, it was an article about a new monitor with these light emitting rays on the side of the screen. with these little projectors, objects could be viewed outside the screen aswell as being in them at the same time. so objects originating from the screen can come out in 3d. the problem they had was it was that external images could only be viewed at particular angles. this was at 16 points outside the screen i think.. cant quite remember. but even at that, its pretty impressive. they said they were goin to double the amount of angles the images could be viwed out within the next few months. i wonder where this technology stands now...

Its called the Moore's Law. Here is a quote from WikipediaBasically what is says is the power of computer will double every 18 months. So far this law has not been wrong.

As for the new video cards, you'll have to have alot of money just to get yourself a top notch video card. Its probably the most expenive part of your PC setup. So if you feel like paying $700+ for a video card that is soon going to be outdated, just wait another couple of months and get one twice as fast for the same price :angry:

thats a really interesting fact, the power of computers being doubled every 18 months. it's pretty much true from what you see of computers everyday. i wonder when technology will reach its peek... or if there is a peek to technology. its changing the way of life so much nowadays. the world we see today will be so much different in just a few years time because of it. makes you wonder whether a tale such as the matrix might actually come true. ;d

Well, say with CPU speeds - it's increasingly getting hard for manufacturers to increase the speeds, as the chips are really damn tiny. So instead of designing a new architechture which takes away the importance of the CPU they do a workaround by having stuff like Dual-Cores like you see now.And I don't think the current generation of GFX cards are that awesome? I mean yeah they're great, but I'm waiting for the DirectX10 Generation cards to come out before I'm in awe :angry:

That's what is bad about the new things: you get a cool $700 video card and in some months it's obsolete and it's costing about $100, I personally buy videocards of $200-250, I'm not going to waste my money now if I can get it 75% less tomorrow. But, hey, these new videocards are amazing, they features are great, their clock speed, but again I don't think they're worth the price, or at least you're running a website that it's about game reviews...

Exactly. paying $700+ for a top of the line video card will certainly run games faster, but in less than a year that price will drop by at least half and will be considered mid-range. I bought my x800xl when the 800XT PE was the top fo the line and now you don't see either in benchmarks anymore. Disappointing, but at least didn't drop an extra $200 just for 15more FPS.

I wonder if any manufacturer will actually have the balls to try a swappable core. Like CPUs on motherboards, you could simply buy a new CPU chip, take out the old, plug in the new, and you've got a brand new video card for only the price of the GPU. granted, eventually you'll need to upgrade the video card itself once technology takes another leap (like pci to pci-e) but heck, at least save some money along the way

I got the new current geforce 8800gtx 1gband befor that i had the radeon 2600xtx 512mband i used to be a fan of ati but ever since i got the 8800 it just does stuff the 2600 could'nt doand tell u the truth i cant tell u which is better. both are great card and both are in the hunderd dollars rangethe 8800 i paid 300 for it(bestbuy) and the 2600 i paid 247(bestbuy)

Moore's law is about the empirical observation, that at our rate of technological development, the complexity of an integrated circuit, with respect to minimum component cost, will double in about 18 months.

The ability to repeat a loop at optimum speed, yes, everything else, no. For instance, your hard drive has relatively close performance to those years back.

Gefore 8800gtx for me. Was around 600 at the time considering it was retailing for around 700 or so. I wont be suprised if it goes half price within a year or so, considering computers and even equipment update so very quickly. Many people I know complain at times when they get a new computer, suddenly a newer, superior processor is already out on retail sale.