xisto Community
autumn_in_bethany

The 6 Horcruxes Another Harry Potter thread

What do you reckon the 6 horcruxes will be then...Obviously we know the diary was oneAnd the locket from the Black house was probably the one dumbledore and Harry went to findThe ring that dumbledore destroyed (we don't know much about that really)Something of ravenclaws, hufflepuffs and gryffindors?Dumbledore thinks that voldemort used nagini the snake to kill the old man in the riddle house and then turned her into a horcrux, because voldemort was one horcrux short when he went to kill Harry. Dumbledore also thinks that voldemort planned to make a horcrux with harrys death, by doing so he would have sealed himself as immortal. However there is the theory that something went wrong, voldemort turned harry/harry's scar into a horcrux. Thus splitting his soul in 7... hence he lost his powers (7 is powerful and magical and dumbledore pointed this out saying no one had ever split their soul in that many pieces before)What do you all think?

At this point, I don't even know if I want to try to guess! I have all sorts of theories about how everything will play out and why things have happened but with stuff like this it's always a surprise. I can't imagine how big this last book is going to have to be to answer all of the questions from part 6 and for Harry to figure out all of the Horcruxes. I just thought of something, what if the big ending battle happens before Harry figures everything out, everyone dies and we never know what any of it means? haha.

Helga Hufflepuff owned a badger cup, which Voldemort had taken from a desendant of Helga Hufflepuff, Hepzibah Smith.another item that belonged to Godric Gryffindor or Rowena Ravenclaw, could possibly be another horcrux. Dumbledore is certin that godric gryffindors only item's that is left is his sword and his "Sorting Hat", but those are there and saftley in the headmasters office where practicly noone can get into it, however it is possible that another item of Gryffindor's exists. The item of Rowena Ravenclaw's is unknown, but maybe it will reveal itself in the 7th book.snake Nagini: Dumbledore believed the final Horcrux was to be made from Harry Potter's murder many years ago at Godricks Hollow but obviously he was stoped because lilly potters love protected him.dumbledore thought that the murder of the keeper of the Riddles House (Frank Bryce) made the final Horcrux since voldemort failed to kill Harry Potter the 14 years ago Frank was the last person to be killed besides cedric...but Nagini wasn't around when cedric was killed, but she was when frank was killed.but as J.k. Rownling has stated on ehr website that though the sortihg hat did belong to godric, it is not a horcruxthe most obvious ones areSalazar Slytherins locket, the locket was hidden in a cave where he used to torture people who lived in the same orphanage as him.Marvolo Gaunts ring, this ring was the ring of his fathers, found in the shack at his house dumbledore destroyed it leaving his hand burnt, or just blackened.Tom Riddles Diary, The diary was sliped into Ginny Weasleys cauldron in harrys second year when they were at Flourish and Blots, by a deatheater of Voldemorts Lucius Malfoy. This was destroyed by harry when they were in the Chamber Of Secrets.I myself, cannot wait until the 7th book and find out what happens.

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

hey, i just found the site and thought i would start by posting summat here... :) i think that harry is a horcrux (or his blood or summat noble like that) because i dont think voldemort tried to kill him, i think that when he heard a bit of the profecy he new that if harry was made a horcrux he would be allmost be impossible to kill, so as he made him a horcrux he was weakened so much he lost his body... i think that he will tell harry in the last book that: "the only way to kill me is to kill yourself! so, lets see if you have the nerve... lets see if dumbledore was right... lets see if death isn't the worst thing after all" or summat like that, but as for the others im not sure. But, i think it may be his eyes, i think that they didn't look like his mothers before Voldemort performed the horcrux thing on him in godrics hollow. mabey its not him but his eyes, or scar... or something that was reccuring but will be very significent in No. 7... well thats what i think, dunno about anyone else...thanksThursdaynighter,,

while i agree totaly that Harry will end up being the final horcrux, and he will have to give himself in a noble, and final, act to save the world, i cant help but feel that j.k. is gonna pull a fast one and continue the series (which i have very mixed feelings on). In which case, she would have to find some way for Harry not to be the horcrux, or some way for himt o live. Personally i love the idea of a dark ending to such an awesome series.

After I finished reading the 6th book, I told my mom a little about it and she thinks that Dumbledore is alive. That he faked it. I also really don't have any idea what the horcruxes would be. Didn't think about it. But it kind of sucks if Dumbledore did die. He was cool. And the 7th book probably will be the largest of them all.

After I finished reading the 6th book, I told my mom a little about it and she thinks that Dumbledore is alive. That he faked it. I also really don't have any idea what the horcruxes would be. Didn't think about it. But it kind of sucks if Dumbledore did die. He was cool. And the 7th book probably will be the largest of them all.

Well, if Dumbledore faked death he is a really good actor. Seemed quite real. But if it is so and the seventh book reveals that Snape is good after all and knew about Dumbledores plan....well, that would just be sick.

J.K Rowling accidentally let it slip when talking to Daniel Radcliffe that she was experiencing some problems with Dumbledore in book 7. So some-how, he will be coming back in some kind of a form, whether it be in spirit form, ghost form, human form or whatever. i think she is bringing him back some-how.

Well lets see. I would think the the horcruxe could be the following, I will also list the reasons why It think it is possible.Hogwarts (the school)- the reason is becuase Voldemort chose things dear to him or things that are apart of hogwarts, so it does seem a bit far fetched but if you think about it, Voldemort said that Hogwarts was the most precious thing to him, so I think that it is very, very possible.Harry Potter- I think that it is possible that harry might be one of the Horcruxes since it has been proven that Voldemort can make a Horcruxe out of a living creature (the basalisk was one example) so when Voldemort killed Harry Potter's mom he could have made a horcruxe out of Harry, or since that is unlikely since when he used avada kadavera he vanished he could have done so later on without Harry noticing, I don't know the process but in book four he killed that one guy who grabbed the cup at the same time as Harry Potter (sorry forgot his name) he could have done it then. Now I'm not sure if its a long ritual or just kill someone and say a spell. This is all speculation but if you read the biography of J.K. Rowling then you know that Harry will die, thats a fact. So maybe he kills Voldemort and then himself if it is himself so Voldemort wont come back to life.Wormtail-This is extremely unlikely but it has come up in my speculation before. Since Wormtail helped out Voldemort maybe he thought since he is really weak that no one would decide to kill him so he made a horcruxe out of him. Again this is very unlikly but Wormtail is the reason that Voldemort is alive so you never know he could surprise us again.Well thats all for now, if I get another idea then I'll post it up.

I remember analyzing this after reading "The Half-Blood Prince." Three have been obviously identified as the locket, the ring and the diary, leaving three others and Voldemort himself. Dumbledore seems to think that Nagini is one of them, which is entirely possible as I'll discuss later, probably the cup from Helga Hufflepuff, leaving one other. I believe the last one is most certainly Harry.

1) There have been several instances where Dumbledore suggests that some of Voldemort's powers have transferred to Harry, i.e. the ability to speak in Parseltoungue.

2) When Harry had dreams about Voldemort in "The Order of the Phoenix," they were from the point of Nagini, pointing to a shared bond between them, possibly the fragments of Voldemort's soul.

3) Voldemort's intention was to kill Harry, not to make him into a horcrux, why else would Harry have seen the flash of green light from the Avada Kedavra? He could use inanimate objects, but he wouldn't want to put his soul into a dead person. I guess he could have pulled out a bone or something like that, but it just seems silly to me. I think that either his failed attempt to kill Harry accidentally transferred his soul into Harry or he performed the ceremony after he failed to kill Harry.

So that's my hypothesis!

If Harrys scar\Harry is a horcrux - well...that would make Harry kill himself would it not? This doesn't seem too weird either really as Harry is loosing a dear friend in every book nowdays..:) Why not die and meet his family, Sirius, Dumbledore in the after-life? But if Rowling did it that way, she must have done it in a special way because it would be lame if he suddenly uses avada kadevra on himself and then THE END.

If Harrys scar\Harry is a horcrux - well...that would make Harry kill himself would it not? This doesn't seem too weird either really as Harry is loosing a dear friend in every book nowdays..:) Why not die and meet his family, Sirius, Dumbledore in the after-life? But if Rowling did it that way, she must have done it in a special way because it would be lame if he suddenly uses avada kadevra on himself and then THE END.

If Harry were to sacrifice himself for the good of others, then no one would be able to write another Harry Potter book starring Harry Potter. Rowling is protecting her creative integrity. As she's stated a number of times, this is the final Harry Potter, there won't be any others, so it can't be bastardized like so many other sequals written by someone other than the creator. (i.e. Gone with the Wind's poorly written follow-up Scarlett)

When you read closely, the signs are there. Can Harry really have a normal life after all that he's been through? Besides, there is no Harry Potter without Voldemort. Every hero needs a counterpart, whether that foil is embodied in another person or within himself. Who would Harry's archnemesis be if he survives Voldemort's death?

Well now the story is over and I was right. I guessed Harry Pottwer would be a horcruxe and he was. Oh yeah, how cool. And then there was the cup and the crown of raven claw. Yeah, this is all spoiler if you haven't read the book.

I guessed that Harry would be a horcrux. This is something I wrote ages ago:

There has been a rumour going round the Forum of Requirement that Harry is indeed a horcrux. These are some peoples comments:

Weasel King:

Mmkay... I've been against the HarryCrux theory ever since it first came out. A human simply can't have two souls. That's ludicrous. Finite.

Ryan:

I reckon when Voldie killed Lily, he used the horcrux and conjured it into Harry(instead of Avada Kedavra). The scar could be the result of it.

Neither one can live while the other survives

It could mean if Harry has destroyed all of the horcruxes and Voldie is still alive, the remaining horcrux is Harry and if Voldie kills Harry, he also dies because he has destroyed his remaining horcrux.

The only witnesses to the attack 16 years ago are either:
-Dead
-Too Young to Remember
-on the dark side