xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
melkonianarg

Let's Examine What Is Actually Wrong Referral Links Can U think of something? Post it.

I have what i think is a new suggestion to raise here : why not let people post referral links on the website?Why is it a problem? And you cannot possible just say...'it is just one of our policies...', because we all know that is a pile of %^&*.All referral links do, in my opinion, is act as a way of rewarding members of the forum that post interesting websites on the forums, rather than saying, 'OK, give me ?5 and i'll tell you a cool website' you do not actively give them money out of your own pocket, you just increase their downline, which is what you are meant to be doing, as a part of that websites community anyway. When links are broken, and people sign up to websites without using referral links, everyone misses out in the end.I think referral links should be allowed, but i do have a problem with nuubs, and people only putting refrral links up without actuallu intending to stay at the forums, so i think that this should only be allowed if you have made a certain amount of posts, let's say 200. Then mods should just let the referral links stay there. Noobs, obviously, should not be allowed to post referral links, because they may just disappear, going from forum to forum simple posting their links and leaving.What do you think about the issues of refrral links anyone?I think you mods and admins, should really think about letting the REAL members of our forums post referral links, it helps them and in the long run, it will help the people who are under them aswell, also, it is a way of respecting the persons post, and saying thanks.regards,melkonianarg

I don't know this for a fact, but I believe the policy of not allowing referral links might have something to do with google searching and Page Ranking. If they were allowed, and the sites they lead to were not 'respectable' or 'google-friendly', it would lower the ranking of this Forum in Google's indexing system. Also, they might tend to treat this Forum as a 'link farm' and that affects when and how it is searched and treated by spiders, too. Again, I don't know any of this for certain, but there must be a good reason for it. Hopefully OpaQue or Buffalohelp will be along to clarify this issue for us.

as i see it, referral links simply encourages SPAM. and forums are the easiest way to propagate such (along with blog comments). with that in mind, MAJORITY of the posts here soon will be of referral links, one after another, day after every day -- unless it's nipped in the bud. that's the real problem with money-making programs which rely on "downline-building", their members who barely understands it simply will carry on a forum-posting-spree on express agenda of "building" their "downlines" -- then simply leave their topic "cold" in the forums. especially in Xisto, would you rather be deluged with such kind of daily posts and interfere with your finding a suitable topic to discuss and earn hosting credits with? most members won't, i believe.

there are other ways of promoting such programs, and it doesn't need to have the referral links present in the forum threads. since all of us aim to be hosted here, why not simply create a page in your webspace for such kind of links after getting hosted? you will then have total control of your site's content, including the referral links you intend to promote. other members will *not miss* them out, if you open up a thread to showcase your site, and people visit it and find it of value to them. :angry:

until opaque revokes the rule, we'll just have to comply.

(on another note, you seem to have an approved hosting account here, yet you're still not in the HOSTED group. how come?)

I have been on forums before where referral links, advertising and stuff like that is allowed, and that results in the majority of threads being full of adverts, spam and referral links. Xisto has a thriving community where the members contribute with thoughtful, logical posts. Referral links aren't really necessary for the forum to survive, and if anything it would result in more annoyed people than pleased people. As serverph has said, you could just list your referral links on your site, or go to a site where they have specific referral link pages to swap eachother's links.

i think that this should only be allowed if you have made a certain amount of posts, let's say 200. Then mods should just let the referral links stay there.

People would still try and post referral links under 200 posts, and I am sure that there would still be problems. The only option would be to add a special section for people to post referral links, but this would get abused.