xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ankitunlimited

What Type Of Monitor Do You Have? CRT or LCd , which size

I'm using an iiyama prolite 3431s which is a 17" LCD monitor. At the time when I first bought the monitor I really wanted to have one that of course would be able to played games reasonably so I wanted it to at least to have a 16ms responce time or less and also I wanted it to be able to take DVI input because of the improved clarity. I think LCDs at the time were quite a bit more expensive than now, maybe by about 100 dollars and I didn't have that much money so this was the cheapest one I could find that fit the bill and also has some good reviews. What really made this monitor a sweet deal was because of the problems this monitor ended up having, which i know sounds weird. But eventually, maybe about 6months to a year after I bought the monitor it was starting to have issues with weird vertical lines showing on the monitor and then eventually it just totally just gave out and it wouldn't display anything on it anymore. So i called the iiyama tech support and they honestly didn't seem to ask nearly as many questions about the problems as I thought that the would and they told me where I should ship the monitor to (their repair center). I made sure I got the deliver confirmation and even after 2 weeks after the USPS said they got it, the customer service at iiyama said that it has not been reported as being received, so basically for a little over a month I was out of a monitor for the only computer that I had so it was getting really annoying and I would email the customer service people close to twice a week trying to get an update and after a little over a month later I got it back and it worked except for when I played video files there were some lines that looked like kind of like interlacing problems, but they were there with all videos, and because I wasn't really thinking and just automatically thought it must be that the monitor wasnt fixed that I emailed them back and told them that the monitor was still bad and I expected them to send me a new one soon. I guess I just got them so frustrated that they did exactly that and I now have two of the monitors because they never told me to send the other one back. By the time i got the second one, i realized that it was just a drivers/codec issue that I had haha and the monitor in fact did work just fine. So I had a dual 17in setup for a while and it totally rocked! Awesome being able to watch videos when surfing the net and the desktop backgrounds that stretched across both screens were always impressive, but I eventually just gave one of them to my parents because they were still using a 17in CRT.Now I want to get a widescreen monitor at least 20in, price vs performance I think the dell 2005fps still seems like the best deal, so I just need to save up some more to get another awesome monitor setup!

I have a Samsung 715N LCD 17" (i think thats the right model, dont really remember lol)Well, it seems to be larger than my other Samsung 753DF 17" CRT and the resolution on my LCD can be set to much higher. This is mainly because they measure CRTs not by the screen size but by the frame size unlike the LCD which are measured by the size of their actual screen. The only drawback of LCDs is their response time, if it is anything higher than 18ms you will see the "ghosting" effect when playing games so it is preffered to have a bigger CRT monitor with a high refresh rate for games.

Edited by lairz (see edit history)

i have asus notebook and my notebook monitor is 15" tftp its really bad monitor becuase i can not view a monitor in all sideits really bad monitor becuase its has very bad quality for play movieits really bad monitor becuase its shake screenits really bad monitor becuase its i can not choise higher resolution 1024 *767 Its really badoh my good some one plz help medo you think how can i fix this problem ?Buy monitor ? change my notebook ? if i want monitor what monitor you recommend it ?thanks all

I have an old Dell Tinitron, 21". It is huge and starting to show its age. It makes a very loud noise when I turn it on, as if to remind me I have disturbed its sleep. Picking thsi *BLEEP* up is a pain too. Very soon it will be time to switch to a flat screen.....too bad my cat will have to find another sleeping spot.

i got a 15 inches LCD MAG analog display... It isn't that great.. the max resolution is 1028 by 768 (don't know the exact ratio). After using my brother's 20 inches LCD viewsonice widescreen monitor for a week.. it makes my 15 inches monitor looks really SMALL..I feel like getting stuck in a really small box. .

i'm using an old ViewSonic E70f which is the monitor equivilent to a mobile brick. even so, the image quality is amazing. ViewSonic have the best monitors imho, the image always appears crisper to me. all the old monitors i had were great but the sonics have that lil something extra. cant really make of it, they're just finer monitors. :T

Yeah i am a laptop user and i currently run a dual montor display system using the 15.4 widescreen laptop monitor at resolution 1920x1200 and i also use a Mag Innovision 14'' LCD Monitor at resolution of 1024x768. My laptop monitor is super clear but the one by Mag is a 5 year old lcd monitor which does not have the greatest contrast but still is very good and takes very little space which is why i like it.

Well, the sunday I bought my LCD monitor, it's a 17" Silver FLATRON L1717S with a resolution of 1280x1024, it's very clear & i bought it at only $30, now I can put my webcam int he monitor hehe, it's very cool compared to my old 19" LG CRT monitor.

omg, that's friggin cheap!

i have a 22" Compaq P1220 <crt>, not a bad one but i'm going for a new lcd >19" next year.

The only system I have is a laptop but the LCD inverter is out on it. I got it for free from my brother since it's burnt out. Even though it's only a 1.33GHz Celeron with 256MB RAM it's good enough for maintaining websites. Anyway, I was fortunate enough to find a 15" Gateway VX700 moitor sitting in the trash a block from where I reside only a day after I got this laptop (which, by coincidence, is also a Gateway). I took it home, let it dry out, dug up a power cord for it and... voila! It worked! When I turn it on it make a loud noise but I don't seem to be having any trouble with it. It's been difficult to find work in the area I live (dead town) so, in my free time I attempt to make money through Adsense. I started my Adsense campaign on April 19 and using many of the strategies to drive traffic to my sites and so far, as of this moment, I have earned a total of $60.28. I guess it's a good start.

I use a 19" TFT neovo F-419, its brilliant. I was going to get a 17" but after using my girlfriends 17" I could see the difference so bad. It is well worth the extra money.

two years age I have brought a 17" inch Comemon LCD monitor and recently, I will buy a new one 19" inch LCD monitor.