xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ankitunlimited

What Type Of Monitor Do You Have? CRT or LCd , which size

i bought a Samsung Syncmaster 17" LCD monitor a few days ago its awesome and feels much bigger than my old 15" CRT and looks a lot cooler. Now i can afford to put large resolutions. And the colours and brightness is crystal clear.

Which monitor do you have, reply.

edit::

for those who have big monitors 17" and above, you need high resolution wallpapers, i found one such site
https://interfacelift.com/

Edited by ankitunlimited (see edit history)

I may have the exact same monitor as yourself :angry:. Mine's also the Samsung Syncmaster, model 750s and it's pretty chunky I must say, but show me one crt that isnt :angry:. I have a second monitor that's a LG 19" flat screen.

enough discussion about what kind of monitor, what advantages and disadvantages do you see between a LCD monitor and a CRT one. For one i have trouble adjusting to the color difference. but a good thing is that it occupies much less space, so lots more space to put other things.

As a laptop user mine I should say the monitor is very satisfying. Precisely mine is compaq presario one.... When I was using desktop a couple of years ago my eyes got strained easily if I spend more than 5 hours in front of the screen. Now, all those problems have gone. I can stay in front of my screen as long as I have the will and strength to stay.LCD flat monitors are definitely 'in' even for desktop because they are so comfortable with naked eyes.

Yeah I'm using a 17" BenQ LCD 4ms screen. Boy, everything is much crisper than on my old 17" CRT - not to mention brighter. The viewing angles can be a bit of a pain sometimes though, as well as some things being too dark/too bright. I guess the best thing going for LCD's is the fact that you can look at them for so much longer, as Dragonfly said.

hi friend. i am using lg fat monitor 15 inches. but now i want to change my monitor. i wanna change it with LCD monitor. so can you please suggess me which monitor should i buy. i want 17 inches monitor. monitor which u are using is that good. what about its graphics. please tell me all the details. and if u have any website on which i can know about the monitors then tell me.

I have a sucky crt aoc monitor. The display and resolution is terrible, sometimes its too bright and sometimes its too darks, and it hurts my eyes. The thing that really annoys me is that you can't completely shut of the monitor, you can only do it if you reach behind it big bulky monitor itself and shut it off manually. I guess thats what you get for buying it for 50 bucks off of ebay.

Well I am 19" Philips 190S5 bought an year ago. I remember when I first installed it that compared to my old 17" CRT it seemed so huge. It looked like it took a hundred years just to cross the screen with the pointer :angry: . It doesn't have any great stuff, it is quite balanced. The weak point I think is the fact that colors seem to fade it you don't look at it exactly right (yeah I know thta is the weak point of every LCD). Even if is has a 10ms response time that is no problem o me. I played games with enought frames per second to exced the response time and I didn't have any quality problems with it. And above all I like the design... :angry:

i have an oldie one, a 17" mv73oi compaq, it has now like siyears with me and some months ago it broke, so i had to take it with some one who were able to repair it, i think it is ok now, but it has some troubles in some times like if it were about to broke again....i was thinking about buying a new one a flat 19" monitor maybe from any generic company, it is the same for me, it just has to show the screen lolsee ya guys! :angry:

hi friend. i am using lg fat monitor 15 inches. but now i want to change my monitor. i wanna change it with LCD monitor. so can you please suggess me which monitor should i buy. i want 17 inches monitor. monitor which u are using is that good. what about its graphics. please tell me all the details. and if u have any website on which i can know about the monitors then tell me.

As you live in delhi, i reccomend you go to Nehru Place, check out the LCD monitors at the big shops, there is one Benq showroom which has all their monitors running at display. Check out the ones from LG, Samsung , Sony and Benq. The one which suits your budget and the one which you feel has good functionality is the one you need to buy.

Unfortunatly i am using a very, very old monitor. So it is not a LCD and is a very bad CRT monitor, it is not flat screen either so it really hurts my eyes, as much as i would love an LCD monitor i feel they cost way too much money and i have a little sister who will most probably draw on it. So my question is when i am going to buy my new computer (most probably around May or June) should i get a Flat screen CRT or just keep my current one, oh and if it matters to the question i will be buying the parts not a built PC. So the parts will be cheaper. But the LCD's are still pretty expensive at $319-440 depending on the brand and the screen size.

I have a 17" LG Studioworks Monitor, and all i can say is that, if you can view content on it, then its a good monitor. Then again, with most people these days complaining abouteye strain while playing games, monitors will only improve and with that, get more expensive.