xisto Community
PsyberMind

Immigration : Debate On Immigration By Senate Allow illegal immigrants to work toward legal status

From CNN:Heres my take on it.. First of all, I question Senator Harkin when he said:

my take is this. our country gives illegals free health benefits while in our country that the ins can't seem to keep because of our responsibility on our soul. it's just like if your dumb enough to slip and fall and hurt yourself in a friends house, you can sue 'm because they are responsible for their land. so i say put 'm to work. i also say teach them how to drive, teach them how to speak english and teach that BASEBALL is our national pasttime and not soccer! if they are willing to do all this and learn our history and follow our laws, then i have no problem....but then...when the heck are they gonna learn all that crap. if i'm asking for a miracle, then i say stay the heck outta my country and next time i can't understand a word you say when i order my #2 combo supersize from mcdonalds, i say deport them too. or stay hidden in the orange groves at night because that's all you're good for.

though, i sure love mexican food!

I agree with this stance. I agree that many of the immigrants are doing jobs that would otherwise go unfilled. Seriously, think about this. It's horrible but there aren't a lot of people rushing out to pick fruit or do day labor type jobs.

sorry, that is such HOGWASH! what, first the blacks, and now the other immigrants? what the heck is the difference? why, because they are illegals? first of all, i don't like illegals, but i do have a love for human beings and i feel for all who attempt to come to the united states. i would probably dot he same for a better life and opportunity. we have the technology to pick our own fruits without the slave labor. americans are lazy though and would rather employ illegally and take advantage of others even if they don't belong here?

also, you ever think about the homeless in this country? how many of those homeless or runaways would be willing to do a hard days night for food and lodging? illegals are taking away jobs because ins isn't doing their own job. the government want us to think they are doing their job, but in fact they aren't and it's because americans are lazy do they are more willing to allow slave labor in this country to illegals. what they don't know doesn't hurt them, right? wrong! it hurts us all and the medical we give illegals takes away from the medical that should be going to others that are americans that live on the streets and will never go out of arms length away from their cans.

what do you think is going to happen if we set a presedece in this country to accept illegals in other ways that are accepted now? did the light bulb go on yet? you will create more motivation for others to enter this country illegally. then what smart guy because it will be a cycle and the cycle will become bigger and out of control. where we will have to create yet another amendment to our contitution to ensure yet a third type of citizenship.... in this country as there are already two different types which are distiguished by the spelling if you take a close look..... citizen and Citizen. and it's even distiguished by the spelling "united states" not capitolized. so now both those spelling are taken so how is this new form of citizenship supposed to be spelled.... in spanish no doubt? really urks me when people talk out of ignorance.

but what i really love is people falling for what was just something to attract votes that will NEVER come in to existance....

And as for these procedures, you mean like searching and applying for a job? Making an effort to get out of bed everyday, do your stuff, and go off to work? Supporting their families when need be? And many other stuff, we ALL do?

May I point out what should be obvious to you. You are off subject here. The subject is entering this country. These are all admirable quialities that we all should strive to have, but they have nothing to do with getting into this country. The procedures of which I speak are the procedures that one goes through to get into this country legally. If one doesn't get into this country legally, are we to overlook this just because they have these qualities? If this were the case, then we would have to overlook crimes people commit merely because they are productive citizens. This country would be in chaos in that case. Please understand, I have nothing against immigrants. My husband's father immigrated to this country in the early 1900's and became a naturalized citizen of the US. BUT he did it legally and followed all the procedures necessary to get a green card.

You're talking as if all illegal immigrants dont become legal immigrants afterwards. Have you missed the part when i talked about the "wet-foot dry-foot" policy Florida has? It's practically the same way other "illegal" immigrants get into this country, with an acception. Sometimes, they're lucky enough to stay even without touching land. I understand that any criminals shoud be returned, if found. But, even Americans have fled to other countries illegally. But, we're all one in the same.P.S. I wasnt off the subject. You just failed to properly define what kind of procedure, so i guess you could say, i took advantage. :angry:

me n my family have had convo's on this for hours and hours before it finally ends, but im not going to go as deep as we go but, as for ILLEGAL immigration, they are leaving their country to get away from things that they dont like, but you are coming to our country and ruining us to where other people are forced to pay higher taxes because there are the illegal aliens that dont have to pay any taxes, basicly living for free.... they need to leave!as for the legal aliens...good for them...now that you got here legally get the people that some of you helped smuggle in illegally lol..you know most of these people that are protesting and all that...chances are that they or a family member came here ilegally. i know that if a mother and a father come here illegally and have a baby here that they have to stay here because they were actually born in america and therefore are an american citisin....but still tecnically they are legal, so im my opinion i say we hook em all up and take them back where they came from until they can come back legally, but that is my opinion!!

You're talking as if all illegal immigrants dont become legal immigrants afterwards. Have you missed the part when i talked about the "wet-foot dry-foot" policy Florida has?

Yes, :D I did see this, but since I don't agree with the policy, I chose not to take issue and cause more controversy.

acception

I assume you mean exception :angry:

P.S. I wasnt off the subject. You just failed to properly define what kind of procedure, so i guess you could say, i took advantage. :angry:

Very cleaver! Now a P.S. for you. How do you get your sig to change so often? It seems to rotate as I travel though the forum.

but you are coming to our country and ruining us to where other people are forced to pay higher taxes because there are the illegal aliens that dont have to pay any taxes, basicly living for free.... they need to leave!

Hey, albus, how long was it before you started paying taxes, job-wise? So, based on what you said, you should have left before you even were able to get a job? Mind you, there are more than one way to pay taxes.

[hr=noshade]

Yes, I did see this, but since I don't agree with the policy, I chose not to take issue and cause more controversy.

I see, thanks for taking the time to respond.

I assume you mean exception

I assume we assume too much. :angry:[/hr]

Charlie Daniels on Illegal Mexicans

I don't know how everybody else feels about it, but to me I think Hispanic people in this country, legally or illegally, made a huge public relations mistake with their recent demonstrations.

I don't blame anybody in the world for wanting to come to the United States of America, as it is a truly wonderful place. But when the first thing you do when you set foot on American soil is illegal, it is flat out wrong and I don't care how many lala land left heads come out of the woodwork and start trying to give me sensitivity lessons.

I don't need sensitivity lessons; in fact I don't have anything against Mexicans! I just have something against criminals and anybody who comes into this country illegally is a criminal and if you don't believe it try coming into America from a foreign country without a passport and see how far you get.

What disturbs me about the demonstrations is that it's tantamount to saying, "I am going to come into your country even if it means breaking your laws and there's nothing you can do about it."

It's an "in your face" action and speaking just for me I don't like it one little bit and if there were a half dozen pairs of gonads in Washington bigger than English peas it wouldn't be happening. Where are you, you bunch of lily livered, pantywaist, forked tongued, sorry excuses for defenders of The Constitution? Have you been drinking the water out of the Potomac again?

And even if you pass a bill on immigration it will probably be so pork laden and watered down that it won't mean anything anyway. Besides, what good is any other law going to do when you won't enforce the ones on the books now?

And what ever happened to the polls guys? I thought you folks were the quintessential finger wetters. Well you sure ain't paying any attention to the polls this time because somewhere around eighty percent of Americans want something done about this mess, and mess it is and getting bigger everyday.

This is no longer a problem; it is a dilemma and headed for being a tragedy. Do you honestly think that what happened in France with the Muslims can't happen here when the businesses who hire these people finally run out of jobs and a few million disillusioned Hispanics take to the streets?

If you, Mr. President, Congressmen and Senators, knuckle under on this and refuse to do something meaningful it means that you care nothing for the kind of country your children and grandchildren will inherit.

But I guess that doesn't matter as long as you get re-elected. Shame on you. One of the big problems in America today is that if you have the nerve to say anything derogatory about any group of people (except Christians) you are going to be screamed at by the media and called a racist, a bigot and anything else they can think of to call you.

Well I've been pounded by the media before and I'm still rockin' and rollin' and when it comes to speaking the truth I fear not. And the truth is that the gutless, gonad-less, milksop politicians are just about to sell out the United States of America because they don't have the intestinal fortitude to stand up to the face reality.

And reality is that we would never allow any other group of people to have 12 million illegals in this country and turn around and say, "Oh it's ok, ya'll can stay here if you'll just allow us to slap your wrist."

And I know that some of you who read this column are saying "Well what's wrong with that?" I'll tell you what's wrong with it. These people could be from Mars as far as we know. We don't know who they are, where they are or what they're up to and the way the Congress is going we're not going to.

Does this make sense? Labor force you say? We already subsidize corporate agriculture as it is, must we subsidize their labor as well? If these people were from Haiti or if they were from Somalia or Afghanistan would we be so fast to turn a blind eye to them? I think not.

All the media shows us are pictures of hard working Hispanics who have crossed the border just to try to better their life. They don't show you pictures of the Feds rounding up members of MS 13, the violent gang who came across the same way the decent folks did. They don't tell you about the living conditions of the Mexican illegals some fat cat hired to pick his crop.

I want to make two predictions.

No. 1: This situation is going to grow and fester until it erupts in violence on our streets while the wimps in Washington drag their toes in the dirt and try to figure how many tons of political hay they can make to the acre.

No 2: Somebody is going to cross that border with some kind of weapon of mass destruction and set it off in a major American city after which there will be a backlash such as this country has never experienced and the Capitol building in Washington will probably tilt as Congressmen and Senators rush to the other side of the issue.

I don't know about you but I would love to see just one major politician stand up and say, "I don't care who I make mad and I don't care how many votes I lose, this is a desperate situation and I'm going to lead the fight to get it straightened out."

I don't blame anybody for wanting to come to America, but if you don't respect our immigration laws why should you respect any others.

And by the way, this is America and our flag has stars and stripes. Please get that other one out of my face.

Pray for our troops

What do you think?

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

April 3, 2006

Just thought I would add this to the commentary about this subject. This debate will never die I guess. I don't necessarily agree with singling out any one nationality, but the points are well made.

In Australia being an Island we dont seem to have as much drama's. We have immigrants arrive on Boats from Indonesia and other countries, they are seeking escape from governments and possible jail etc.... But our government is pretty tough - we stick them in detetion centers until they are checked out- takes around 2 years etc.... In a jail ------ Tough------

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, I feel the need to point out that there are specific reasons why these people enter the United States illegally. Due to economic infeasability, or sanctions against their emmegration or immegration, they did not have the choice to enter the United States legally.These are the reasons why I think illegal immigrants should be allowed citizenship after a number of years, and given legal residence until then:1) They're indespesible to america's industries. If we somehow managed to deport them all our economy would crash overnight.2) Humane reasons -- either you agree with them or you don't; I do. One that hasn't been mentioned yet is the fact that these immigrants can't protect themselves legally because they can't appear in court -- meaning that they can be denied wages, services, and their own property because they can't seek recompense.3) Legalizing immigrants will raise the working wage, as there won't be an outlet of under-minimum-wage labor anymore. Yes it'd make that wage market more competitive, but immigrants are already occupying those jobs because of their willingness to work for lower pay.4) Legalizing immigrants will actually drive down healthcare costs as currently they burden emergency rooms withouth being able to pay for treatment. Legalizing them will allow them to pay taxes and healthcare.

since this is a topic about illegal imigration, im not goinng to bothermaking a new topic for this, but i just got this in an e-mail and could not agree more! i see things like this happening all of the time, graffiti on computers, breaking of computers, and everything else!!

From an American school teacher - - -
"As you listen to the news about the student protests over illegal
immigration there are some things that you should be aware of:

I am in charge of the English-as-a-second-language department at a
large
southern California high school which is designated aTitle 1 school,
meaning
that its students average lower socio-economic and income levels.

Most of the schools you are hearing about - South Gate High, Bell
Gardens,
Huntington Park, etc.-where these students are protesting, are also
Title 1
schools.

One hundred percent of the students in this school and other Title 1
schools
are on the free breakfast and free lunch program. When I say free
breakfast
I'm not talking a glass of milk and roll -- but a full breakfast and
cereal
bar with fruits and juices that would make a Marriott proud.

The waste of this food is monumental, with trays and trays of it being
dumped in the trash uneaten. (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I estimate that well over 50% of these students are obese or at least
moderately overweight. About 75% or more DO have cell phones.

The school also provides day care centers for the unwed teenage
pregnant
girls (some as young as 13) so they can attend class without the
inconvenience of having to arrange for babysitters or having family
watch
their kids. (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I was ordered to spend $700,000 on my department or risk losing funding
for
the upcoming year even though there was little need for anything; my
budget
was already substantial.

I ended up buying new computers for the computer learning center; half
of
which, one month later, have been carved with graffiti by the
appreciative
students who obviously feel humbled and grateful to have a free
education in
America. (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I have had to intervene several times for young and substitute teachers
whose classes consist of many illegal immigrant students here in the
country
less then 3 months who raised so much hell with the female teachers,
calling
them "Putas"(whores)and throwing things that the teachers were in
tears.

Free medical, free education, free food, day care etc., etc., etc. Is
it any
wonder they feel entitled to not only be in this country but to demand
rights, privileges and entitlements?

To my bleeding-heart friends who want to point out how much these
illegal
immigrants contribute to our society because they LIKE their gardener
and
housekeeper and they like to pay less for tomatoes: spend some time in
the
real world of illegal immigration and see the TRUE cost s.

Higher insurance, Medical facilities closing, higher medical costs,
more
crime, lower standards of education in our schools, overcrowding, new
diseases etc., etc., etc. For me, I'll pay more for tomatoes.

We need to wake up. The guest worker program will be a disaster because
we
won't have the guts to enforce it.

Does anyone in their right mind really think they will voluntarily
leave and
return?

There are many hardworking Hispanic/American citizens that contribute
to our
country and many that I consider my true friends. We should encourage
and
accept those Hispanics who have done it the right and legal way.

It does, however, have everything to do with culture:

A third-world culture that does not value education, that accepts
children
getting pregnant and dropping out of school by 15 and that refuses to
assimilate, and an American culture that has become so weak and worried
about "politically correct" that we don't have the will to do anything
about
it.

If this makes your blood boil, as it did mine, forward this to everyone
you
know."

WE CERTAINLY NEVER HEAR ANYTHING LIKE THIS FROM THE MEDIA

A Message from

John & Mildred Hodshire

what?! A fence around our entire southern border? mm well I don't think any of you talked about the cost of building a good fence there. It would cost a big fortune! Also, we don't have enough men to enforce the border, because they are all in Iraq and Afganistan!! I am totally sure that "rounding up" all of the illegals would be litterally impossible!!, and would also cost all the money that we don't have right now.