xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

How To Put Music In The Background Of A Powerpoint Presentation without having the viewer download the music file

How to have a song play through the whole showHow To Put Music In The Background Of A Powerpoint Presentation

I used a WAV file as the song, but I'm sure you can do it with other files too. Here's how I did it:

1. Have the slide you want the music to start on open.

2. Under "Slideshow" scroll down to "Slide Transitions".

3. In the Sound section, scroll down to the bottom where it says "Other Sound...".

4. Select the file you want to play and click "OK". (You will be brought back to the "Slide Transitions" window.)

5. In the upper-right-hand-corner of the "Slide Transitions" window, click "Apply". DO NOT CLICK "APPLY ALL". "Apply All" will restart the song on every slide.

I hope this helps!!

~Sarah

-reply by Sarah

Music and sound effects, how to play them together without one stopping the other?How To Put Music In The Background Of A Powerpoint PresentationI added music to my powerpoint presentation, and when an animation sound effect sounds, it stops the music!! how to overcome that??-question by Abaza

How do i usepart of a music track on Cassette to put in a Power-point presentationHow To Put Music In The Background Of A Powerpoint Presentation

I am a HND Business Student who is undertaking an Advertising and Promotion assignment based on the music business.  I have to try using music in the background of my presentation, but I only want a little part of the track playing as an opening intro to my first slide.  I don't want music playing all through the presentation.

My assignment is set that I am working as an agency helping the music business so I need to be creative.

As I am an older git, with basic PC skills I need help please.  If I do well the best in the class gets the opportunity of a work placement in the tutor's friends agency, I would love it.

MANY THANKS, I AWAIT A REPLY.  I HAVE A WEEK TO GET STARTED.

-question by Shirley Morgan

how to convert music to powerpointHow To Put Music In The Background Of A Powerpoint PresentationReplying to threepachI read your instructions but I still am not getting anywhere. I cannot get the music to to play on powerpoint. Please Help!Thanks,Sara-question by sara

Step 1. Download your music in MP3 or WAV format.The best format to download songs in is in the MP3 format. This has the smallest file size. However there is one big problem with mp3 files - you can only link but not embed mp3 files into PowerPoint. Step 2. Insert the music in your PowerPoint presentation.From the main menu Insert > Movies and Sounds > Sound from file Step3 - Setting the music to play across multiple slides You do this using a feature called Custom Animation. Select your music file then Right click (not the usual left click) and select Custom Animation. You can do this by selecting Slide Show > Custom AnimationIf you want the music to be embedded in the presentation you will need to follow a couple of steps.1. Make sure your music is in WAV format (mp3 files can only be linked and not embedded)2. Increase the value in the Link sounds with file size greater than box to a value greater than the file size of the MP3 file. For example if the file size is 4.5MB then you will need to include a value higher than 4500. A good general purpose size that should incorporate most song files is 6000 as most mp3 files are less than 6MB. Be careful as some classical music tracks could be longer than this.