xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

How To Put Music In The Background Of A Powerpoint Presentation without having the viewer download the music file

Well, i made this power poit presentation in memory of my grandfather as many of you kno, passed away exactly a week ago....and i am trying to get this song to play as background music..and i did, but there is one humongus problem... in order for the people who are viewing it to hear the background music they have to download the music file as well ad the powerpoint presentation, which on my DSL conntection taked almost 2 minutes, and i could just imagine what it will be for a dial-up user (my grandma who wants to see it)...Some people may say, its impossible, but i know that it is not because about a year ago i downloaded a powerpoint presentation that had background music playing, but i only had to download the powerpoint and not the music file...any thoughts??

You can integrate the music file into the power point presentation. However, doing so will also increase the total file size of your eventual power point file. So I suggest you to convert the music file into a lower bitrate for a smaller file size. Also, power point only accept *.wav files so you will have to save it as a *.wav file.

Open up power point. Any version will work because it's the standard procedure. However I'm talking about Microsoft Power Point and not OpenOffice or any other office software alternatives.

Click "Slide Show" for a drop down menu.

Click "Slide Transition". This is the place where you put all your slide animations when transitioning to the next slide. Notice that there is also an option where you can place a sound. Refer to next point.

Search for an option that allows you to place a sound. Scroll to the last option in the drop down menu to browse for your own sounds. Note that power point only accept *.wav sound files as background music. You have have to convert to *.wav in a lower bitrate.

In the first slide you place a sound, after transitioning to the next slide the sound will not stop playing until you place a new sound in a new slide. So if you want your background music to play through the entire presentation without stopping, simply add the sound in the first slide and none for the rest of the slides.

How to convert cd tracks in to wav files ?

How To Put Music In The Background Of A Powerpoint Presentation

Hi, I want to insert music in to a powerpoint from one my cd's but when I tried it from "movies and sounds" it played the whole song in the first slide but it kind off got stuck the slide did not move on to slide two,why is that? so I wonder is it because I have to convert the tracks into a wav file, so then I can do it from "The slide transition" -(sound), if it is how?

-reply by jess

Parts of a Song?

Hm, I'll have to figure out how to do this. What if you only want one part of a song to play in a powerpoint? !? Help...

-reply by Caitlin (:

I am doing a report in our Social Studies class on Ancient China. I need to do a Power POint presentation with music in order to pass it. I need help because I have no clue how to do so. It is due next month... But still! Please write back soon.-question by Rosalie Giunta

How to convert cd tracks in to wav files ?

Hi, I want to insert music in to a powerpoint from one my cd's but when I tried it from "movies and sounds" it played the whole song in the first slide but it kind off got stuck the slide did not move on to slide two,why is that? so I wonder is it because I have to convert the tracks into a wav file, so then I can do it from "The slide transition" -(sound), if it is how?

-reply by jess

you have lots of options, í'm going to explain one of them which is Media Player:

You can use Windows Media Player to rip (or copy) the tracks from your audio CDs onto your computer, after which the tracks that you rip become files on your computer. There are a number of settings you can customize to make ripping work better for you.

How To Do It? << note that this guide is for Media Player 11>>

Click the arrow below the Rip tab, and then click More Options.

Make one or more of the following changes:

Loc

ation: Click Change if you want to store ripped files in a different folder on your computer.

Form

at: Choose a format for the files that are created during ripping. The default format is Windows Media Audio, which optimizes the balance between file size and sound quality and is supported by PlaysForSure-verified devices. Other available options are:

Windows Media Audio Pro, which is designed to be used in low storage capacity portable devices, such as mobile phones, where the increased efficiencies of the format improve the audio quality at lower bit rates. Note that not all devices support this format.

Windows Media Audio (Variable Bit Rate), which can reduce the file size but may also take longer to rip.

Windows Media Audio Lossless, which provides the best audio quality but increases the file size.

MP3 and WAV (Lossless), which provide added flexibility.

Your selections apply to tracks you rip in the future; it is not possible to use the Player to change the format of a track you already ripped.

Edited by threepach (see edit history)

english biggie need help!!! music

Replying to Albus Dumbledore

Ok so I'm making a power point for an english project and I need it to be awesome and I already have music on my file I just don't know how to put it on my power point please help!

-reply by felisha martinez

How to

I have this huge Powerpoint due to play for my final in a week and I have been wonder how to put music in the background. No one can seem to help and website tell me what to download but all I want is to put music in the background. If you can help in would be so grantfully appreciative.

Thanks again

:) Samanatha J Zettler

-reply by Samanatha

i need to put music in my power point presentation

Yeah I'm having this problem

When I put the music on my presentation it only plays for one slide and then it starts from the begining in the next slide - I want it to play straight through - how do I go about doing that ?

If you could help I would be extreamly greatful

Thanks

-question by rehaana

PowerPoint 2007 - audio

I have PowerPoint 2007 I would like to add a song that is MP3 and WMA Audios that I would like to add to my 2 different PowerPoint Presentations.

FYI: I will be emailing this PowerPoint Presentation.

The message from PowerPoint 2007 I am receiving is the following:

PowerPoint can�t play the sound file. Make sure that this is a .Way audio file and that audio settings are properly configured for your system.

How do I configure a song from MP3 and WMA Audios into a .Way audio file and the rest Microsoft is stated for my Microsoft PowerPoint presentation?

Thanks!

Hate to break it to you!

Hey,

There IS a way to put a song on the entire presentation. You need to have it ripped onto your computer and as a mp3 file. But here is what you do!

Go to your first slide(Or wherever you want the music to start) and click on it. Then go up to

Insert> Movies and Sounds> Sound from a file

Find your music then if a screen pops up saying "How do you want the sound to start on the slide show" click automatically, or if you want when clicked, but automatically is better.

Then right click on the music icon and go to 'Custom Animation'

Then where it says whatever the name of your song is you right click on that and go to 'Effect Options'

Then where it says 'Start Playing'

You click 'From Begining'

Then where it says 'Stop Playing'

You click the number thing until it is the number of your presentation.

Then go over to the tab called "Sound Settings"

Check the "Hide Icon during show" button. Then play your slide show :D.

-reply by Mabel

what about other places?

Replying to iGuest hey, I was wondering. Well, I am doing this for a book report power point, and I was wondering, since this wont work for things that have to transported on a flash drive, how is that possible?

-reply by tara

Music Video??How To Put Music In The Background Of A Powerpoint Presentation

hey, I'm doing a project for my Tech class and I want to put part of a music video in my slideshow. It's been a great help, putting up how to put music in the background (I am no computer whiz) but I REALLY need this music video inside. Also, can you crop a video on WinAmp? Because I saw an option that said 'crop' once but I never tried it. If I can't where can I find a free cropping device on the internet (I don't mind downloads).

Thanks, if you can reply =)

~ChangMinLuvvaah