xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Strange Email I Just Recieved Is it junk, or is it somthing i need to dal with

Nigerean 419 scam.Go along with it, and post the results.

Just make sure not to actually spend/use any of your money.

man people, this is actually scarey that some actually considered it not a scam. i get these emails EVERY SINGLE DAY. i blame it on advertising on the internet. although some of my other email acounts get these letters once in a blue moon.(this is spam. i don't advertise the other addresses)

there is another scam i want others to be aware of and that is purchasing something through the internet that is outside the u.s. and canada OR selling something where you have to ship it outside the united states and canada. the scam basically deals with someone selling something and they will send you a fake cashiers bank check as payment. they are counting on you shipping the item before you cash the check. your bank will deposit it, but will take 2-3 days before caught as a bad check and then YOU are liable for the funny money and you are also out the item you shipped(probably to africa somewhere like camaroon).

i had a personal experience selling something. i recieved what i wanted for the item i was selling plus about 2-300 more than what i offered. when i recieved the check, i called the bank(the bank was real) on the check and ask to verify the check and it was fake. they asked me to send the fake check along with all the emails i recieved from this person as the fbi was in full investigation of this fraud.

now i didn't get caught in a scam but i could have been and if this scam didn't work then it would be non existant today so there are alot of ignorant people out there falling for this crap. all i do when ir recieve emails like this is i respond to them saying something like" your email has been flagged as a scam and forwarded to the proper authorities. you will be going to jail soon".

now, there is another scam that deals with paypal, ebay, and now i have seen one for "chase.com" accounts where they want you to log on through the email link. these have been scams FOREVER on the internet. in fact, i ran a smaller version of this scam to hack email accounts back over 10 years ago.

usually what happens in this scam is they trick you in to thinking you are going to ebay or paypal or chase banking, but if you look closely, it's not their true address. it's a fake domain used for scams. they coppy and paste the original source code from the legitimate sites and edite the form code so it gets saved as a text file on the server they are using.

i know these scams have been posted before but i consider this VERY serious and like to get the word out because it makes me sick when people fall for this and lose their hard earned money. no, they don't deserve it if they are ignorant enough to fall for it. just makes them trusting which is not a crime. in fact, trusting people should be rewarded, not penalized. unfortunately, there are alot less trusting people in this world because there are a ton of people who will take advantage of them

BEWARE PEOPLE...... PLEASE!

existant today so there are alot of ignorant people out there falling for this crap....

being a bit harsh there arent we?

i didn't make the forum to have people who actually thought this was real (because it was verry convincing expecially for someone who has never gotten a scam e-mail like this one before in their life), be called ignorant people... but as for NegativeCreep, if they were to listen to what he/she had to say after everyone saying it was a scam, then they could be concidered an ignorant person, not to mention a crazy one at that...

im sorry i just had to speak my mind on being called an ignorant person....

I think that either the person who wrote the email is a total moron, or it?s a hoax. No law official would go to a forum and email somebody with a username that has the last name of his/her client. I think that it?s a big hoax. When something like this arises, you wouldn?t just go email a person, you would CALL them or write a solid letter. While the language of the letter shows that this person isn?t an idiot. It doesn?t make the person look too bright either. If this person was valued at $28 million dollars, the government isn?t just gonad say, oops, you figure out who it goes to.