xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sinari

Site Seems To Have Gone Missing... Did I do something wrong?

I have been a hosted member for half a week now and I haven't had this problem until now. Last night was the last time that I was able to access my website at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and my ftp and cpanel. I currently have 15 days of site credit and I have not spammed at all so I don't know what is happening...

I'm also having trouble creating another ftp account that is accessable but I would mainly like my account and my website back first. if anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Worked perfectly for me. First time. To confirm that I was there, your newest member is "Kyo Tsukani". Sound familiar?

Yeah, it is perfectly fine for me, too. Maybe there is something wrong with the browser? Or, you could've put in the wrong password/username. Try again, it should be working fine.

It's working for me too!
There are only two members..isnt it.

Kyo Tsukani, Mia Darkwitch

so what exactly the problem is...if the problem is fixed...or itsnt what you were saying..then plz..post it here, so that if it is fixed..we may close the topic :)

I'm curious... You guys are getting it but I'm still not... What browser are you using? I'm using standard IE and it was working last night but now it seems to have died and stopped working. I'm getting the "page not available" page... Is this something odd? I've always been able to use it before...

Works fine with me.... I have IE6 school comp stuff, but this happens to my forums alot. Just refresh the page or wait 5 mins, and then come back, if your site uses SQL or PHP this just happens, and then fixes it self and then sometimes repeats or just does its own thing.

Now I think the topic can be closed... unless you have any future questions.

----------
Update
----------

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ <----- Try that link, they can help you for sure.

Edited by MaineFishing45 (see edit history)

If you have IE, could you tell me what settings you have set? It's just not working... Firefox and AOL is working though. Admins, if you have any clue what's going on, please help.

I am not aware of any circumstances where a particular Browser is not able to access a site unless the site (you) specificly deny access through scripts and such. It seems really quite odd that FF would be able to view your site, but not IE.I am using NN7.2 on an Imac and here is the info from the last posting: 3-29-2006 at 08:09 PMby Abigayle Burroughs . Wishing you the best figuring this one out.

Thanks for the info. It's back down again though. It was fine for two weeks then went back down. I'm checking my forum version's support forum for info but it still is down for IE... I'm not sure if it is my browser, computer, site, or xmb version. I'll keep you posted.

Works fine for me, again. There must be something happening on the route from your local connection, through the ISP and to the Server, because your site has worked everytime I have tried on the first attempt always, so there isn't anything that I could imagine that might be a problem at the Server. I would contact your ISP and question them about this problem.

Now it's saying that it doesn't exist at all. Could someone check and see if it still exists. I can't get to my cpanel either. My forum version isn't the problem, and I can't see my cpanel to change any settings and such. Again, if you have any ideas, I'd love to know them.

To tell you what I am getting, I'm getting this:

Edited by Sinari (see edit history)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ takes me to the Account Default Index.html and when I add the /cpanel it wants to know the account password, etc, so I'm still going to suggest there is a problem with your end or the ISP you are coming through. I have no problem whatsoever getting through to your sub-domain at the Xisto.com Hosting Service.

i have to concur with jlhaslip, sinari. your site is working fine, in it's default form though as when you got hosted (with the "Welcome to your Hosting Account!" text). cpanel for your site works as well.

if you can, provide a screencap of the error you are getting. your quoted "error" above, is that all that you got? another suggestion is try to access your site and cpanel on another unit, AND on another internet connection -- just to rule out if the unit and connection you are currently using is the real problem.

I can get to it on AOL using the same computer and ISP connection. It says "Cannot Find Server" now.

The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

I also have two other computers in my home that don't see it either.

The first time I tried it, it said that it couldn't find the server. I tried it again, and it connected. However, I am on a different ISP (PeoplePC). Also, if none of your computers can find it, then it's definitely an ISP issue. There is one thing you could try, and that's go to gamma.xisto.com/~your-cpanel-name. That should take you to your site. If you get the same error, then something's wrong with your ISP.