xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MaineFishing45

Todays Work Ethic? Its horrible...

Work Ethic  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally todays work ethic has decreased by a ton. I mean in school people are lazy, could care less, and getting fatter by the minute, blaming it on the school that its there fault. :D. And when I'm doing assignments, people are asking to cheat, steal my work, and send me the documents over the laptops its CRAZY? What's with todays society? People really aren't going to amount to anything if they keep it up like this. :P

And I hate going to class with people that can just sit there and say

No Mr. Teacher, I don't have the homework

and all those other excuses, why do you even come to school than? I mean it just is so frustrating when your really trying to learn and people just don't care, and wreck it for the whole class. Same thing happened in Spanish, some kid was acting like a wise (pick a word) and took up 2 whole periods (separate days) messing around and arguing with some preppy drama queen girl, and wasted so much time. It makes no sense. And the teacher takes it out on us... its a 21st Century Mess. :D

Anyone have a similar experience or something. Suggestions? :)

----

Edits

----

Sorry wrote this so quick and in a half hearted mood... forgot my basic grammar and spelling. :P

Edited by MaineFishing45 (see edit history)

Yea today, Its really sad. Most of my longtime friends are dropping out of school and getting into bad things. It was just one person who influenced them to do such things. If they really knew that this would change their life I know that they would change, but these things they dont realize and to me I pity them for not knowing.

I'm a bit older than the average Forum member and I work around younger people all the time in Construction, so let me say this: I started with a paper route when I was 13 or so and haven't stopped working since. Pretty much always had a job through High School because my Mom was a single Mom raising 5 kids and although my Dad was not a dead-beat Dad, there were lots of stuff we couldn't afford unless I paid my own way by earning some money. Worked in the Hotel Industry and Fast Food restaurants, cut lawns, painted, did whatever it took to get the things I wanted and some things I needed. Didn't hurt me one little bit. I was also prepared to tackle any job that came along. Still do. Love a challenge. So anyways, now it seems like the younger crowd is either lazy or wants to run the job instead of getting right in there and getting it done. When I am in charge of a crew, I don't ask them to do anything which I am not prepared to do myself. Nothing I hate worse than trying to do nothing and still get paid for it. Which is what a lot of 'kids' try today. The day goes a lot better and faster when you stay busy, too. Of course, these are generalized answers, there are some 'young people' out there that have a good value system and they work hard, but it seems that those types are fewer today than when I was their age.

Yes, I do see a decrease in today's work ethics. It's horrible. In college, people just mess around and do nothing. When I was in elementary school, every good kid was well behaved and wouldn't do anything bad. Look at today, they're all running around screaming at the teachers. In high school, kids would just say, "You never assigned me homework".You can actually see the decline in work ethic. Remember in Florida, when the kid brought an airsoft gun painted black? He was later shot and killed. Well, that's just a sign of the decline in this world.

Jlhaslip your totally correct. When I wanted my iPod, I had a personal life savings of about $200.00 dollars or something like that, I spent some here and there, and it went up and down, and stayed around $200.00 dollars. Well when iPods were comming out (the ones with the click wheel, NOT those wierd button ones) all my friends parents were buying them, and some payed half and half, other parents just bought them stuff, and they always bragged about it. Well I had to work for mine, babysitting, cutting lawns, and doing odd chores here and there. And I finially payed $465.78 or something around that amount for a 20GB Ipod, with a case.

And now there are ones with color, photo, video, and all that other stuff, and the kids get the new one, but I worked for my stuff, so I hate when LAZY KIDS :) bi*ch about that stuff, and say

How did you get that... your rich

and anyone that knows that, really feels uncomfortable and says "I work for what I want, and I bought it... not my parents". And some kids are just too lazy to do that and, they complain to others that have stuff. In America you have so many oppertunities, you have no excuse to work. Whether it be cutting grass, coroprate, business, technologly, or even a truck driver. Do something that you like!

I don?t know if the meaning of "ethic" has so much to do with hard-working and that. I mean, if someone doesn?t want to do the homework it?s his problem... I don?t really care. He?s only harming himself. Anyway if kids are so less motivated there must be a society problem or the teachers don?t do their work well (which I don?t think it?s true). In my country I see that a lot of kids want to be like their idols. And I don?t mean professional people who have made theirselves. I mean football (soccer) players which make commercials, top-models, singers and even worse, people who enter Big Brother or other realities such as American Idol (but our equivalent). Most of them are people earning lots of money for doing almost nothing, and young people see it and think "Studies are no use, work are no use, I wanna live like that". And that?s very sad.

Edited by Sprnknwn (see edit history)

I know... people's work ethic seemed to be so much better before. I don't understand it, and I'm not sure if it's because I'm in college now, but I figured that at this level, people would actually want to be in school, and do the work, and especially since they are paying for it, they would want to get their money's worth.Mind you, for lots of the 'slacker' people as I tend to call them, they tend to have mommy and daddy paying their way through school, so they don't care or maybe just don't realize how much is actually being spent so that they can get an education.For my group of people, we all started out with a ton of students, but now, we are down to just the serious ones that want to be there, so at least now, most of the people are taking it seriously, but before, it was all like, people wouldn't bother to show up, or hand in the assignments, or anything. And seeing that, it somewhat bothered me that some of these people still passed, and moved on to the next year, when I spent so much time and effort on things, and had troubles passing all my classes.I don't know, but I find it at my work too, which really shouldn't surprise me, because I work at school, so the same people that are slacking off in their classes, can't really be expected to show up or do their work either. Mind you, I'm a little more inclined to the work myself when I'm getting paid for it, but I guess everyone isn't, other wise people would actually show up on time (or even at all).Whatever... sorry... I had to add this much to the rant. It's just been one of those days. I'm sure you all understand.

Personally, I'm still in middle school of course, I see high schoolers working around town everywhere. Some I know and some I don't. But I also never see some of the people I know working either so it goes both ways. I think work ethics have gone done mainly because the parents in some cases work in high paying jobs. Or they have money from somewhere that they'll spend until they themselves are poor adults and start a lazy cycle in their family. People like me who care about their studies and such and have a plan for a future will work for it. The kids and adults who don't care what they do tomorrow won't even work because it'll get to be the next day and they won't have a job. That's my say.

I know how you feel. I still remember going to school and seeing a ton of kids who just didn't care. And I was jealous (and I am ashamed to admit it) when I would see kids who behaved badly getting whatever they wanted. I would work hard, get good grades, and hardly get anything. I had to wait at least a year to get a PS2 and I had to save all the money I had. Kids just don't seem to appreciate what they have.I know of one boy who is a relative of a friend who breaks everything he gets. He even manages to break the fridge by slamming the door too hard. And they give him his social security check (his mom is disabled) of around $300 to do whatever he wants with it. They started giving it to him when he was around 10. Imagine a 10-year-old with $300. Its crazy!And then his mother always says she's broke.

One word: Welfare. That is why people think it's ok to become fat lazy biatches and make all the hard working people pay for your candy, and other fattening shat. I'm sick and tired of lazy black people in cleveland who drink beer and get fat off of taxpayers money.

One word: Welfare. That is why people think it's ok to become fat lazy biatches and make all the hard working people pay for your candy, and other fattening shat. I'm sick and tired of lazy black people in cleveland who drink beer and get fat off of taxpayers money. :)

Thats right! I don't feel like paying my tax (parents really) money to some lazy azz because, he/she did not want to work when they were young and made nothing of there lifes, and then just wanted payments and stuff, because they realized there poor and stupid. Same thing like social security, I want it for me... not for anyone else. Its there for people that can't (For people that physcially can't work, and have tried other methods, and are making the best of there disabled lives) thats who I would only really pay or work my money for. :D And if I'm working for it... why does someone who does not work get it? Someone please explain that? I don't understand it? Exlain it please??? :P
Edited by MaineFishing45 (see edit history)