xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
semeticsister

Damn Freaking Alarm Clocks always waking me up from awesome dreams

I freaking HATE alarms clocks. I hate how I am laying in my bed peacefully, dreaming about things, and then I wake up to the obnoxious songs of FIDDAAYYYY SAY-YUNT for some odd reason. Case in point: Last night, I had the most bizarre dream where I was in Iraq and surrounded by people from Hamas. I guess it stems from my intense fear of arabs but whatever, moving on. I was navigating my way through Iraq, and then I am taken hostage by some guy named Mustafa. I am then taken into this weird wooden hut and am held at gun point by a guy in a ski mask and his Hamas cronies. They ask me for any last requests, and I ask that me and my best friend (who was there somehow) are allowed to hold hands and are shot at the exact same time. So, me and my best friend are shot in the head and die instantly, and then we take the form of weird transluscent green ghosts, who wreak havoc on our killers. We go around haunting them and stuff, and basically our green souls run around and cause nuisances everywhere. One of those nuisances included making fun of asian people (don't ask) and burglarizing the local Russian supermarket. I was just at the part where mine and my best friend's souls go make out with the red souls of some really really attractive looking guys when I am rudely awakened by "I'M A MOTHERF*CKING PEE EYE EMM PEE, BIATCH!!!!!!!!!!" I quickly slammed my fist on the snooze button (which I've hit so many times that it just says "ooze" on it) and somehow my hand grazed the tuning dial that regulates which radio station its on. So, nine minutes later, I am re-awakened by Chinese opera....Anyhoo, about my dream, I am NOT racist against arabs (even though I have an irrational and hysterical fear of them) or asians, so please, keeps your judgements up your butt where they belong. Tee hee.

Edited by semeticsister (see edit history)

Turn off your alarm!!!the other thing is, usually if you are not abruptly woken from a dream, you will not remember it. so consider that if your alarm did not wake you, you would have forgotten your awsome dream.

Your saying you hate alwarm clocks! LOL!!! Thats so funny, cause this week dude, my alarm clock broke while I was sleeping... I slept through all of school and didnt even notice. I was like WTF! so I re-set it to the correct time and same thing happened next day....... wow that was horrible, I took the clock and thru it out my window... sigh Oregon Scientific you make me sick!!!!!

You slept for EIGHT HOURS???? DUDE, YOUR INSANE. How can you sleep that long and not wake up? Anyways, back to semeticsister, yeah that happens a lot to me too. :), quite recently too, you guys know the song ?Laffy Taffy?? well, I hate that song with a passion, no offense to anyone who likes it. My alarm went of playing that song and in a way helped me, I woke up immediately from the annoying song but I punched the snooze button and broke it, it no longer works and I can only turn off the alarm forcing me to wake up right away or risk oversleeping. -__-? My list of songs to NEVER wake up by, Laffy taffy, gold digger, Spanish cheesy songs with the accordion? In the background!! >:P

I don't use an alarm when I'm at home, as I always seem to manage to wake up on time. However, when I'm in someone elses house or a hotel or something I can never wake up on time. To avoid hearing songs I hate on the radio I either set the alarm to the 'buzz' setting, so it either bleeps at me or makes a noise like a bee with a megaphone. Failing that, I use the alarm function on my mobile phone, and set it to go off with a song of my own creation.

Yes I really hate alarm clocks they are the devil. This one alarm clock that I have is the worste of all. When it goes off it starts off really quit but it can get so loud that if you do not shut it off its gonna wake up the neighbors. Has it ever occured to alarm clock companies I am awake but just do not care. At a certain point everyone can hear the thing it doesnt need to be that loud. I also can not stand when my alarm clock is not getting the signal to the radio station I set and all I get is static which is really annoying.

I think you'll hate every song that the radio in your alarmclock is playing.So...Throw it away, and if you think an annoying beep is better, buy a new alarm clock with an annoying beep. No Laffy Taffy and Im a *BLEEP*ing pimp biatch! anymore. Unfortunatly the problem of being awakened from your dream will stay.

My alarm goes off at random times at night sometimes after dusting day (The day we go and dust every surface in the house.) because the button is so sensitive and thinks you actually want it on. I have a sound machine/clock/alarm so I use the clock and the sound machine but the alarm is just annoying. At midnight, just shortly after I've gone to bed, I do not want to be woken up. At least your clock is normal and only goes off when you set it to go off. My doesn't even have a snooze button so count your blessings.

I usually wake up on time, or am woken up by my cat (I love it when that happens). I haven't used an alarm in many months, but back when I did, I had a very old clock/radio/lamp that I bought at some second hand store (the appliance itself is probably older than I am), and it worked well, except the alarm wouldn't play music when it went off like it was supposed to. Instead, it would click (being a partially mechanical clock), which would in itself wake me up, then after about a second of silence (which seemd to last forever), it would give me static at full volume (the volume control apparently didn't affect the alarm, nor did the tuning knob). Needless to say, I was quick to turn it off, but mostly because I feared waking someone else.

I know what you mean, I hate it when that happens!I set the alarm on my new mobile phone to go off at 7:45 last week. I didn't know what sound it made when it went on to the alarm.. until morning, when I heard a loud siren going off. I literally jumped out of my bed it was so loud and I was in the middle of such a nice dream.Anyway, alarm clocks suck, we should have strange, but cool, robots that wake us up gently in the morning instead of horrendously loud noises.

yeah i want one of those alarm clocks that sets off a bunch of robots who wash and dress you and make you breakfast....back to reality tho.... I use the alarm on my mobile which is incredibly annoying, especially because half the time when i go to switch it off i end up snoozing it and it goes off again while i'm in the shower. grrrrrrrrr.

I hate my alarm clocks, yes thats plural which means I have multiple alarm clocks. Why do I have multiple ones, 3 to be exact? None of them seem to wake me up. I set each one for a different time in the morning, and each one I manage to hit the snooze button. If I set my alarms for around 8:30, I wake up and get out of bed at 9:30...frustration. So how pathetic is that!? Three alarm clocks and I still can't get out of bed...

If you ask me your dream is quite weird. But I can't say I don't have weird dreams...About the alarm clock... I think the best way to end your alarm clock problems it to start waking up by yourself. I don't sleep over 7 a.m. and not because I have an alarm clock to wake me up it has just become a habit. When I was lilttle I was helped by the fact that everyday I had to wake up pretty early to go to school. Plus that in weekendscartoons started at 7 a.m. so I had to wake up early to catch the cartoons. And now I simply can't sleep longer then 7 or 7:30 am. Even at New Year when I stood up until 4 a.m. I got up around 8 a.m.I'm sure that if you really have something important to do in the morning you will be able to wake up without the annoying alarm clock. :angry: