xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
michaelper22

Either Gamma Is Slow, Or My Net Is Bad My website takes forever to load

If I'm using the admin console of Mambo, or the rest of my site for the matter, I experince really long page load times. I click on a link, wait, see some life (the banner at the top of the Mambo admin console shows up), wait some more, see some stuff from the page load, and wait again until it's all finished. So is this a problem with MySQL, some other service, a problem with Gamma, or with Verizon DSL (which I use)?

I've noticed some random downtimes recently for a couple of seconds at a time, but I haven't noticed the server going slow. Have you tried contacting your ISP and seeing if they are doing some maintenance or something? If you've got a lot of stuff in your MySQL database it can sometimes take longer to load information, but nothing really noticeable.

I click on a link, wait, see some life (the banner at the top of the Mambo admin console shows up), wait some more, see some stuff from the page load, and wait again until it's all finished. So is this a problem with MySQL, some other service, a problem with Gamma, or with Verizon DSL (which I use)?

I use IPB 2.0.x and there pretty much the same type of thing, but yes its not a ISP problem if your internet is totally dead, then it is the ISP, but my site just sometimes takes for ever to load, or the SQL lags in a way. BuffaloHELP told me it just repairs it self sometimes, and something that we don't know (just happens :) ). But you can check some of my old posts, and you might find something similar to this.

Yes it happens sometimes, and then just quit your browser, restart the browser and try to get to the page. Works most of the time, if it FAILS, then wait 5 minutes and come back to your website. Good luck :P