xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
semeticsister

Lan Party!

I was invited to go to LAN party next week! For you noobs, a LAN party is a nerd-gathering of immense proportions. They bring their own computers and hook them up to a LAN (local area network, a type of internet port) and play multi-player games against eachother until late into the night. Other activites include eating junk food, listening to music, complaining about things, and talking about the latest gaming crap. Have any of you guys ever been to a LAN party before?

Have any of you guys ever been to a LAN party before?

I have not, and i dont see myself doing so in the late future, either. Computer games have gotten boring and there are better more important things that one could be doing with their spare time.

We got cybercafes here where people play games on LAN like crazy. Some sit for hours and bring packets from Mc.Donalds. :S

Heh, I went to a LAN party this past friday actually, it was really fun. A couple of nerds and I messed around with each other's computers for a while, seeing who could do what to whom's computer.. heh, I almost got kicked out for putting a trojan on someone's computer.. but that's a different story.. I like playing Halo and counterstrike on xbox at lan parties as well. Here's a site that someone put up for our past lan party: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

We got cybercafes here where people play games on LAN like crazy. Some sit for hours and bring packets from Mc.Donalds. :S

Really? I've never seen that but in Starbucks in my area. It's crazy too. I don't intend or want to go as I have too much to do with my time. To me, it's just a waste of time. Oh, and games nowadays are pretty boring now. Stuff have really degraded since 2000. :)

Other activites include eating junk food, listening to music, complaining about things, and talking about the latest gaming crap.

Sounds like being a Mod here some nights... Actually, I am kidding. I don't listen to music, LOL.
It does sound like it would be a lot of fun though. Let us know how it goes for you.

The best lan party is a Halo lan party. Its awlays a blast. lol, staying up till 6 a.m screaming and yelling at each other... . yup thats the life. dont forget Junk food too and some good BBQ burgers for dinner. .. :)

I have never been to a LAN party, mainly because they seem to be few and far between here in the UK, and when they do happen they are always in a city hundreds of miles away. Then again, a few of my friends who happen to live in more convenient places have been to them, supposedly they don't just play games, but people also take along broken PCs and get help.