xisto Community
BOAW

Computer Doesnt Work =(

Usually when such computer problems occur, or for most computer problems, there isn't a need to replace your BIOS. For most cases, reformatting of computer will solve the problem. Unless it's a physical hardware problem, a replacement for the particular hardware is then needed. BIOS seldom need to change because hardly it can be affected with a virus. Note that I didn't conclude that all virus will never hurt the BIOS, just that it's unlikely that viruses spread to it..

hello guys!! we'll i'm not actually familiar with computers but would it be possible if i just replace the bios so that i won't have to buy a new computer?

just find a bootable disk that lets you go directly in to dos first. i'm not talking about the windows disk that came with the computer. once you find one, then you will be set to have someone take you through some steps to backup your files and reformat, and then reinstall your os. it doesn't even have to be a cd. it can be a floppy. it also doesn't even have to be the os installed on your hd. any windows os will do. don't get frustrated. you learn by doing. keep in mind that if you do this once, you'll know what to do if you have problems in the future, but i don't suggest reformatting everytime you don't know what a problem is....but you get my point.

i'm sorta curious what this program you were trying to install before you started having these problems....but i doubt that's the problem why your computer isn't booting. don't feed in to this virus crap either. it's over rated and over mediatized(if that's a word. if not, they should add it to websters :angry: ) so programers can make money

well lemme just ensure to everyone that my computer finally works....i had to reinstall everything my drivers or whatever i had to lose everything i had but that ok i dont care much as long as i got my computer back...i got my friends father to fix the problem and he said i had a bad memory stick....becuase when he took one of them off the computer was actually able to load up but then i had no drivers so i called the hp company to send me a rrestore disk with all the drivers i need and now everything seems to be good the only thing is that i just dont have as much memory as i used to =( hah

That's a good news to you finding out that it isn't the hard disk problem. Unfortunately however you've lost all your precious data by formatting it. Anyway if you would like to get more memory to replace the damaged one, remember to check out the model number and it's specifications before buying. A wrongly fitted memory module may cause permanent damage to the motherboard and BIOS. If that really happens, it's time to get a new computer. :lol:The most important thing to look out for in RAM is the clock speed. Make sure it's compatible with your motherboard. It's best and recommended to follow exactly the same specification with the damaged memory and it will sure to work. The amount of memory does not affect on compatibility, hence you can get a 512MB, 1024MB or whatever amount you like. Also remember to slot back the same memory slot that used to house the damaged memory module. Reconfiguration to the BIOS may be necessary. Work with your father since he fixed the computer for you.

F10 key to RestoreComputer Doesnt Work =(

I need to do a Complete Destructive System Recovery but the F10 key doesn't work.

Is there something that may be preventing it?

Is there another way to do this? 

-reply by Steve